Used Car, what STA Inspection grade then can buy?

Saviourwu

Actually i trust AA more.

AA more neutral. Read in the news a few months back STA inspector got charged for taking bribes fm a dealer for giving better grading.

↡ Advertisement

You can 'test' the dealer out.. If he is honest and open to evaluation by AA/STA, usually not much problems (unless undetectable).

During my purchase of a used car, i was fortunate to meet a honest dealer.

1. Mileage was 70k for about 2 year+ car and he was frank about it and said wear and tear parts ie: mountings might be worn.

2. Showed me service log book with regular service records<--asked me to call AD to verify

3. Offered for STA/AA evalaution...fetched me there and left me at the workshop with the technicians (while he left to get sth)

so i'm free to peek at the process and speak with the technicians myself.

Dealer was also comfortable when the technician passed me and explain the report.

It certainly made my purchase alot more assuring and happy!

AA more neutral. Read in the news a few months back STA inspector got charged for taking bribes fm a dealer for giving better grading.

Before that, STA also involved in some saga right? related to vehicle inspection.

You can 'test' the dealer out.. If he is honest and open to evaluation by AA/STA, usually not much problems (unless undetectable).

During my purchase of a used car, i was fortunate to meet a honest dealer.

1. Mileage was 70k for about 2 year+ car and he was frank about it and said wear and tear parts ie: mountings might be worn.

2. Showed me service log book with regular service records<--asked me to call AD to verify

3. Offered for STA/AA evalaution...fetched me there and left me at the workshop with the technicians (while he left to get sth)

so i'm free to peek at the process and speak with the technicians myself.

Dealer was also comfortable when the technician passed me and explain the report.

It certainly made my purchase alot more assuring and happy!

True, that's wat the dealer I dealt with advised too, call AD to check and verify service records.

Which dealer u bought fm?

Actually it happened last year.. the one tat took bribes ones r those who perform INspection of vehicle..

Neutral Newbie

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I just got a Grade D from STA for the car (6.5 years old Toyota) I intended to buy (from dealer). [bigcry]

I know, I should walk away, especially chassis frame failed alignment test!

But then, my wife love it so much & we got a good deal!

The evaluation report, everything "B" except Bodywork/Floor Board (D).

Some of the remarks are:

* front/rear panel sign of repair

* exhaust silencer sign of corrosions

* fender sign of removal

* shock absoebers/drive shaft sign of new

* vehicle veer left

Together with the failed chassis frame measurement/cond, is it very bad?

Damages due to severe accident or corrosion?

I've paid $1K & sign on the LTA transfer form but yet to paid the balance, can I walk away?

Can we get back the deposit under the new Lemon Law?

Dealer told me the purchase is not subject to STA's Evaluation & there's no insurance claim on it by the previous owner (so no accident).

Thus, I cannot cancel the deal. Is it the case?

If I go ahead with the purchase, do I have to fork out few thousands to repair/replace parts?

Many thanks!

Neutral Newbie

You have to check what is written in the contract which you sign on. D in chassis meaning the car have been into a huge accident and this is considered a dangerous car to drive. For you and your wife's sake, ask for 50%-100% refund. This car cannot buy. Chassis damage cannot be repaired no matter how much you fork out. You do not know what else is damaged too during the huge accident. walk off or nego a refund is are only choice.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I just got a Grade D from STA for the car (6.5 years old Toyota) I intended to buy (from dealer). [bigcry]

Some of the remarks are:

* fender sign of removal

* vehicle veer left

I've paid $1K & sign on the LTA transfer form but yet to paid the balance, can I walk away?

Dealer told me the purchase is not subject to STA's Evaluation & there's no insurance claim on it by the previous owner (so no accident).

If I go ahead with the purchase, do I have to fork out few thousands to repair/replace parts?

Many thanks!

D means fail so ask for contract to be rescinded. You will probably lose your deposit if you did not specify your buying terms in the contract. Could lemon law be used instead? For safety, I will never buy such a car and the repair bills could balloon as you don't know what other parts have been damaged or will need replacement.... Some might buy it if it is at scrap value, at least first sign of trouble, you have stop loss protection.

Turbocharged

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Some of the remarks are:

* fender sign of removal

* vehicle veer left

Many thanks!

u siao ah?? grade D still proceed? so good a deal to resist? unless u saying scrap value. if not there will always be another better deal out there

Twincharged

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Some of the remarks are:

* fender sign of removal

* vehicle veer left

Many thanks!

Grade D usually means got alot of things that need to repair. Thats why you can get a good deal. Sure end up spending more after you repair it.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

How much did you get it for? [hur]

even ST@ give grade B i also siam far far...grade D you also buy...u hero...

the dealer got give cash rebate at least 10k for repair or not?if got then buy ok?

Edited by Member69

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Need your advice, I had requested dealer to send in a car for car evaluation. They had sent to Vicom.

2 questions need help to answer

1. There is no grading system given by Vicom but under each component check they do indicate whether it is acceptable or not. Is this something new? I used to hear they are using "*" system for grading

2. I had a remark "Rear chassis/support channel and rear compartment panels with sign of reworked - does it mean it got involved in an accident before?

Hi all,

Need your advice, I had requested dealer to send in a car for car evaluation. They had sent to Vicom.

2 questions need help to answer

1. There is no grading system given by Vicom but under each component check they do indicate whether it is acceptable or not. Is this something new? I used to hear they are using "*" system for grading

2. I had a remark "Rear chassis/support channel and rear compartment panels with sign of reworked - does it mean it got involved in an accident before?

Compartment Panels rework is ok. Likely due to kenna langar backside before. Definitely accident car.

But chassis/support rework highly not advisable to buy as many things can go wrong from chassis reworks.

Neutral Newbie

Compartment Panels rework is ok. Likely due to kenna langar backside before. Definitely accident car.

But chassis/support rework highly not advisable to buy as many things can go wrong from chassis reworks.

Kam siah. Thanks for the advice. Looks like i have to choose another car to buy

↡ Advertisement