C180 owners! how's the reliability of your car?

Somebody

Was at CnC few weeks ago, surpise that many merc owner loan 80%-90% as told by the sales manager. Seem like many buy without considering whether they can afford it or not.

I think that SE was trying to smoke you bah...hahah

My SE was quite used to people paying up in full that she has to ask if we intend to take any loan :huh:

Other places, the SEs would assume that a loan is needed [:/]

My SE was quite used to people paying up in full that she has to ask if we intend to take any loan :huh:

i believe there are more people taking more loan than those paying cash. i saw people who took a 10yrs loan for a Jag XJ, i was shocked in fact haha.......

i believe there are more people taking more loan than those paying cash. i saw people who took a 10yrs loan for a Jag XJ, i was shocked in fact haha.......

Changing mindset bah - interest rates are low these days

If I can find a better use for my money (returns >5%), I don't mind take a loan as well [:)]

Well, any 2.0L be it Jap, Korea or Conti will get around 10 km/l. If FC is a critical factor, than the person should not be looking at buying a 2.0 L car. Similarly if someone is buying a Merc and FC is a critical factor, the person should not be looking at the Merc but the person should consider other alternatives. The "assumption" is that if someone buy a Merc, he/she is assumed to be "rich" and FC should not be critical factor for consideration. Similar example ... if someone buy a big Bungalow and raise issue on ulitities bill... if ultities bill is a big factor, the person should look at other alternatives. And it does not matter if the person install "inventor" aircon as the person has the freedom of choice.

As for buying LV bags, eating chicken rice, taking 100% loan pump petrol in JB etc etc ..... it is about choice.

No offence but I don't quite agree with you here. Its like what you said in the last sentence "it is about choice". Anyone buying a mercedes should also have the privilege of making an informed choice. Regardless what he or she is perceived to be - rich or not that rich. Its really common sense to buy something which one likes but at the same time ensuring it is value for money, it is consumers' right. And I really don't think asking for FC is an indication that he/she wants a super duper good FC (just a basic knowledge of the car's performance). Cheers.

No offence but I don't quite agree with you here. Its like what you said in the last sentence "it is about choice". Anyone buying a mercedes should also have the privilege of making an informed choice. Regardless what he or she is perceived to be - rich or not that rich. Its really common sense to buy something which one likes but at the same time ensuring it is value for money, it is consumers' right. And I really don't think asking for FC is an indication that he/she wants a super duper good FC (just a basic knowledge of the car's performance). Cheers.

I will also ask the SE about FC for any car that I am interested to buy .... what I am saying is that if FC is a critical factor ... Merc will not be the "ideal choice". "Value for money" is also subjective ... buying a SLS is considered "value for money" for some people. Wanting to buy a Merc and FC as the key factor to determine the choice does not make sense to me.

Neutral Newbie

Well, I am getting ard 12-13km/L for my C180 CGI, on ron 95. 85% highway. Best ever is 14.2km/l according to the on-board computer read-on.

I would say this is fantastic for turbo-charged conti car!! [thumbsup]

Well, any 2.0L be it Jap, Korea or Conti will get around 10 km/l. If FC is a critical factor, than the person should not be looking at buying a 2.0 L car. Similarly if someone is buying a Merc and FC is a critical factor, the person should not be looking at the Merc but the person should consider other alternatives. The "assumption" is that if someone buy a Merc, he/she is assumed to be "rich" and FC should not be critical factor for consideration. Similar example ... if someone buy a big Bungalow and raise issue on ulitities bill... if ultities bill is a big factor, the person should look at other alternatives. And it does not matter if the person install "inventor" aircon as the person has the freedom of choice.

As for buying LV bags, eating chicken rice, taking 100% loan pump petrol in JB etc etc ..... it is about choice.

This varies accordingly to individual.

Doesn't mean can afford merc,then heck care about the FC.

There are people who can afford Merc but dont want to spend so much on maintainance.

They feel that paying more for luxury is worth it,but paying more to get from the same destination is no worth it.

And also it is a common for car buyers to ask for the FC.

Asking doesn't mean it will affect their buying decision but just for information/knowledge.

Changing mindset bah - interest rates are low these days

If I can find a better use for my money (returns >5%), I don't mind take a loan as well [:)]

+1, Interest is at 1.88% and is fixed for 10 years (MB is giving at 1.25% for three years). Why not take loan for 10 years when you can buy a condo with 200K!

question is can you afford to pay $5000/mth for car+condo, and when u can't afford... r u able to sell yr car w/o topping up the bank? answer is yes, ok go ahead no problem. answer is no... then buy condo, don't buy car. at least property can appreciate in value.

question is can you afford to pay $5000/mth for car+condo, and when u can't afford... r u able to sell yr car w/o topping up the bank? answer is yes, ok go ahead no problem. answer is no... then buy condo, don't buy car. at least property can appreciate in value.

but ppl will still go for mercedes and bmw :D

Thank u for a perfect answer. I just ask a simple FC question and didn't realize ppl react like this. Being rich doesn't mean can spend anyhow. Should always spend wisely.

Actually there are ppl who rather let what money they have roll in the market. The returns may be able cover the interest or the car instalments many times over.....

I will also ask the SE about FC for any car that I am interested to buy .... what I am saying is that if FC is a critical factor ... Merc will not be the "ideal choice". "Value for money" is also subjective ... buying a SLS is considered "value for money" for some people. Wanting to buy a Merc and FC as the key factor to determine the choice does not make sense to me.

So are you driving a hybrid car?

When u mentioned FC is critical why don't u go straight and look for hybrid instead of asking SE the FC?

Thank u for a perfect answer. I just ask a simple FC question and didn't realize ppl react like this. Being rich doesn't mean can spend anyhow. Should always spend wisely.

I can see from your previous post that FC and mods is not your main concern.

If not you won't have booked it before posting your doubts here.

I guess you are asking for your own information.

I can see from your previous post that FC and mods is not your main concern.

If not you won't have booked it before posting your doubts here.

I guess you are asking for your own information.

Fair enough .... I would like to know your opinion on this ... What is your opinion of someone buying a brand new Merc and will drive his brand new Merc to JB to pump petrol evrytime the fuel gauge hit 3/4 tank ????

↡ Advertisement