C180 owners! how's the reliability of your car?

Somebody

Fair enough .... I would like to know your opinion on this ... What is your opinion of someone buying a brand new Merc and will drive his brand new Merc to JB to pump petrol evrytime the fuel gauge hit 3/4 tank ????

actually, why u so kaypoh??? [hur][rifle]

people can do whatever they want. stop flooding the forum with nonsense. he just asked for the average FC of the car and you are not answering his question.

how about this reply. i got money, can buy merc, but i neow on fuel, so what? u where not happy?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Fair enough .... I would like to know your opinion on this ... What is your opinion of someone buying a brand new Merc and will drive his brand new Merc to JB to pump petrol evrytime the fuel gauge hit 3/4 tank ????

wise man...unless kenna carjacked/robbed/raped over there [laugh]

actually, why u so kaypoh??? [hur][rifle]

people can do whatever they want. stop flooding the forum with nonsense. he just asked for the average FC of the car and you are not answering his question.

how about this reply. i got money, can buy merc, but i neow on fuel, so what? u where not happy?

This is a public forum lah ..... everyone can have their views and opinion, if you have issue with my replies, you can choose to ignore it ..... whether I am kaypoh or not .... it is none of your business...

Edited by Civic6228

This is a public forum lah ..... everyone can have their views and opinion, if you have issue with my replies, you can choose to ignore it ..... whether I am kaypoh or not .... it is none of your business...

wah, i also can voice my opinion against you rite? u dun have an answer to people's question, just don't reply. nobody say you are stupid rite?

... you feeling annoyed by my replies yet? this is precisely what you do to other people.

so you go around a shopping mall... u see an auntie carrying prada bag, but at the NTUC queue take out voucher to buy milk powder, u tell her, "eh auntie, u got $ buy prada, why need to use voucher??" public place mah.

Edited by Detach8

wah, i also can voice my opinion against you rite? u dun have an answer to people's question, just don't reply. nobody say you are stupid rite?

... you feeling annoyed by my replies yet? this is precisely what you do to other people.

so you go around a shopping mall... u see an auntie carrying prada bag, but at the NTUC queue take out voucher to buy milk powder, u tell her, "eh auntie, u got $ buy prada, why need to use voucher??"public place mah.

Please read my earlier postings ... I post my opinion and I do not get personal by calling someone "kaypoh".... my issue with you is not about your replies or opinions it is about this "name calling". Do you wonder why you get the "yellow card" ?????

i got the yellow card cos i posted a url on my signature. why don't you click on it and find out before shooting yr mouth?

he just ask about FC, you went all around to talk about buying a merc should be rich and not ask about FC. really, what kind of LJ reply is that?

and to add on, you keep harping on it. let me quote your reply for you:

Please lah, drive Merc and talk about FC .... go buy Hybrid car lah if FC is a big concern.

... The "assumption" is that if someone buy a Merc, he/she is assumed to be "rich" and FC should not be critical factor for consideration. Similar example ... if someone buy a big Bungalow and raise issue on ulitities bill... if ultities bill is a big factor, the person should look at other alternatives. And it does not matter if the person install "inventor" aircon as the person has the freedom of choice.

U read your own words ba... what freedom of choice? You're not making any sense.

Let me quote the original QUESTION for you. Did he in any part of his post said it was a "concern"?

I am collecting my c180 1.6 in 2 weeks time. Want to know in advance the fuel efficiency base on actual usage (and not from spec). Can you share this with me?

Any idea if the 1.6 can retune to give higher output, where and how much? Will this void the warranty?

Any suggestion for body kit? Thank u!

anyway, i am not replying any further on this topic. cheers.

Edited by Detach8

why not? you should go JB to pump gas more often.

there, you can see uncle, young punks, even tai tai drive their merz, BMW, volvo, audi to just pump gas and then back singapore.

for them, if they stay near to woodlands, it is fine for them to go pump in JB, save $$ for other things.

guys, good or bad intent i think we have discussed enough. let's stick to the original topic of discussion and let this merc=rich discussion end here.

question is can you afford to pay $5000/mth for car+condo, and when u can't afford... r u able to sell yr car w/o topping up the bank? answer is yes, ok go ahead no problem. answer is no... then buy condo, don't buy car. at least property can appreciate in value.

My point was not in terms of affordability. What I said was if I am given a E200 at 1.25% pa for three years and 1.88 for the rest of the 7 years, instead of parking my 200k in E200, I would buy a condo in a sub-urb and gain from rental.

oops, the topic was how reliable is C180 and we all changed the topic to "how reliable are the C180 owners financially" haha!

Edited by Steptronic

there are risks. if you take $200K buy a condo, you are incurring a mortgage loan and you'll have to fork out easily $3-4k/mth for a $800k-1m property. if you're going to stay in it, then you need to be able to sustain it. if you're renting and the unit does not rent out well, you may stand to lose. the only thing is that the property itself may appreciate in value. so at the same time after dumping $200K into a condo if you decided to take a $0 drive away, 100% loan on a $200K car, you need to fork out additional $2K+/mth before all other expenses (insurance, parking, fuel, etc.)

problem is that car is not like a property. it depreciates. and in fact, at a rate higher than your loan repayment if you take 10 year loan. if in 3 years the economy goes bad and you can't afford to pay this $2k/mth for the car, you are in deep s--t because if you sell you need to top up a lump sum to the bank and if you don't, you have to keep paying $2k. it's all about present and future and what kind of risk you can afford to take. there is no right or wrong answer.

Edited by Detach8

jap car is for poor

ger car is for success

May I ask politely:

Can I term myself successful by having a family with 3 beautiful kids, housewife spouse, a maid and while tending to the family in a small little condo unit with a pool for my kids. And due to high bills of milk powder and piano lessons and condo maintenance fee and maid maintenance fee, I have no more money left over for cars to depreciate by 15K per year and therefore, I drive a 2nd hand budget Nippon car.

But now I guess I should get a merc to make myself more successful.....and start to pay my car loan all over again ?

Thanks for your enlightenment, finally I know how I can be more successful on top of the what little "success" I already have......Cheers. Simply, Ger for success.

there many different types of people around.

they may have their personal reasons to do that.

a car may not 100% represents what type or how wealthy a person is.

and also looking at a bigger picture,the price of a normal C class is not really that expensive.

Edited by Turbonetics

Neutral Newbie

HI, sorry to interrupt...

I am looking to change to a 2nd-hand C-class but am very confused with the different models.

C-200 CGI

C-200K

C-200K Avantgarde

what are the differences? How to tell if the car was originally from C&C or from PI?

Does anyone know if the C-200 can fit 2 baby carseats side by side and accomodate 1 more adult in the backseat? (meaning, one baby carseat in the middle, one on the side)

Should i buy a car with a low COE or high COE if I am planning to drive this car for about 3 yrs?

I am thinking of getting a 2009/2008 car.

Thanks...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, read this thread Kompressor vs CGI

Avantgarde just means a different trim level (ie more sporty)

I am looking to change to a 2nd-hand C-class but am very confused with the different models.

C-200 CGI

C-200K

C-200K Avantgarde

what are the differences? How to tell if the car was originally from C&C or from PI?

Does anyone know if the C-200 can fit 2 baby carseats side by side and accomodate 1 more adult in the backseat? (meaning, one baby carseat in the middle, one on the side)

Should i buy a car with a low COE or high COE if I am planning to drive this car for about 3 yrs?

Thanks...

• Praise 1

C-200 CGI

C-200K

C-200K Avantgarde

Thanks...

Come join Sgmerc meetup this month and you can see first hand the different models and have your questions answered from the "horse mouth".

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1