Fire extinguisher (safe to be kept inside car's boot?)

AL5509

Neutral Newbie

Hi ppl, just wonder how many drivers will purchased a Fire extinguisher which is small/compact enough to be placed in the car's boot?

As heard from my friend that his friend's car started to catch fire, yes you did not hear me wrong.

I was shocked to hear this too but actual reason not sure til now as still in workshop now.

We always hear such 'story' but do not 'feel' it til you are caught in it.

The driver of e car (my friend's friend) was so helpless and can only see it burned.

We are talking if he have a fire extinguisher, maybe the damaged will not be so bad.

But I just started wonder if it safe to put e fire extinguisher in car's boot?

If it safe, any one know where to purchase one handy one and if can plz advise on the price too.

Thanks for reading my concern.

Good Sunday ahead folk!

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

Hi ppl, just wonder how many drivers will purchased a Fire extinguisher which is small/compact enough to be placed in the car's boot?

As heard from my friend that his friend's car started to catch fire, yes you did not hear me wrong.

I was shocked to hear this too but actual reason not sure til now as still in workshop now.

The driver of e car (my friend's friend) was so helpless and can only see it burned.

We are talking if he have a fire extinguisher, maybe the damaged will not be so bad.

If it safe, any one know where to purchase one handy one and if can plz advise on the price too.

Good Sunday ahead folk!

Cheers

Working temperature : -20

Twincharged

i have had a fire extinguisher in my car for the past 7 years liow !! about 35cm high.

bought it thru a forum ... for only $25 ... not those soft can but those solid metal units.

post-2854-1320540303_thumb.jpg

post-2854-1320540282_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ysc3

last time when i was in UAE, noticed that almost every car got fire extinguisher. not very big. maybe about 30cm tall. i guess it's a regulation there. they put inside the passenger compartment. not in the boot.

car will hit quite high temp, i tink up to 80 deg. seem ok leh

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for all comments.

As we know it will usually not be used (which is a good thing) but better to be safe than sorry if in need.

Cannot imagine myself seeing my car burned in flame helplessly.

Cheycheycheychey..touch wood!!!

Appreciate those who are having it help to name out the:

1)shop/location selling.

2)price

3)size of it (if possible)

thanks in advance!!

Get a portable fire extinguisher, cost less than $10.

It doesn't take much space.

I have this one in my boot all along. Better be prepared than never. [;)]

Good Sunday ahead folk!

Cheers

Run for your life, if it is CNG converted car on fire. The regular motorist's fire extinguishers are not suitable/adequate to do the job. Someone got burn and died trying to fight such CNG fire here.

Do not assume/imagine you can put out a petrol engine car on fire with a fire extinguisher. It takes a trained person to do so. Go to SCDF for training. Exampe: ex-colleague sprayed CO2 into his own open month while trying to demonstrate how to use a CO2 fire exiguisher he had just bought.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

But this one cant refill, and short storage life.

But this one cant refill, and short storage life.

To me, for car uses, no need buy so big fire extinguisher. Just buy a small portable fire extinguisher can already ( save boot space )

1 year change 1 time. Not that expensive and is very portable.

Those big fire extinguisher is more for commercial uses.

Edited by Yewheng

Twincharged

i did not buy this $10 becoz it looks kinda flimsy ... whereas the one i bought is like much more solid.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for all comments.

As we know it will usually not be used (which is a good thing) but better to be safe than sorry if in need.

Cannot imagine myself seeing my car burned in flame helplessly.

Cheycheycheychey..touch wood!!!

Appreciate those who are having it help to name out the:

1)shop/location selling.

2)price

3)size of it (if possible)

thanks in advance!!

bought mine at Giant about $10.99.

About size of 500ml mineral water bottle, a little bit taller

i have mine on the driver's door side @ the bottle holder, within reach in case of emergency.

but remember, if cant fight fire, dont fight.. safety first

Neutral Newbie

Anyway, make sure your fire extinguisher of the correct type. For example; Class A, B or C. Different classes for different types of fire.

Anyway, make sure your fire extinguisher of the correct type. For example; Class A, B or C. Different classes for different types of fire.

[confused] Whatever/whichever fire extinguisher(s) you buy/install, if a CNG vehicle (does not matter yours or others) on fire, just run for your life. Those fire extinguishers are inadequate to extinguish such type of fire. The reason LTA requires that CNG label display on the front and rear of the vehicle.

↡ Advertisement