Singaporeans crash into JB river

PowerMaxII

According to the detailed reports carried in the Zao Bao this morning, the car was driven his Malaysian wife, she lost control of the car while trying to avoid a collision with a motor cyclist and she crashed onto the barricade and plunged into the river. The husband managed to free himself from the car, and he later managed to pull his wife out of the car with the help of 2 men fishing there. He said,his wife was unconscious when she was pulled out of the water.

after driving other cars for long periods, the vios is a horrible car with almost no stability due to lightweight

rip.

Had to use the pre-facelifted vios for my driving test. It was super cramped for me even with the seat right to the back. The only good thing is that the car is easy to maneuver.

Many times I had encounter these motorcyclists zooming left and right with no regard to other road users along their trunk roads. Only advice I could give is to be fully alert, especially traffic from behind as these motorcyclist tend to overtake on your left without warning and cut in front of you. My sympathies to the man who had just lost his wife in a needless incident. [:(]

Turbocharged

According to the detailed reports carried in the Zao Bao this morning, the car was driven his Malaysian wife, she lost control of the car while trying to avoid a collision with a motor cyclist and she crashed onto the barricade and plunged into the river. The husband managed to free himself from the car, and he later managed to pull his wife out of the car with the help of 2 men fishing there. He said,his wife was unconscious when she was pulled out of the water.

usual instinct is to swerve to avoid... which can be a deadly mistake..it could have been another scenario if the driver didn't swerve but crash head-on with the motor-cyclist instead..

rip to the deceased...

after driving other cars for long periods, the vios is a horrible car with almost no stability due to lightweight

rip.

i do wonder. Is it the lightweight itself that is the bane or rather should we correctly point out that it is the poor handling? Heavy vehicles generally feel more planted at the same speed compared to a lightweight one due to the heft but i suppose it is very possible to improve the handling of the vehicle by means of the following upgrades

1.) anti roll bar

2.) tires with wider treads

3.) rear diffuser

4.) boot lip spoiler

5.) stiffer springs and stiffer shocks

6.) struts to prevent chassis flex (the vios in particular has very very poor chassis rigidity)

rip.

u must be speeding all the time to come to that conclusion.. on that road with a speed of max 80-90km/h, any car also stable,,, ... im sure your opinion is base on NSHW where speed of anything above 150km/h but that opinion is irrelevant here.. [:p]

Poor man lost his dear wife just like that.

Likely the car got faulty shock-absorbers, so when she served to avoid the motocycle, she lost control of the car. The car hit the bridge railing squarely and crashed through it.

rip.

but i encountered a lot of vios driver drive very fast leh.

i do wonder. Is it the lightweight itself that is the bane or rather should we correctly point out that it is the poor handling? Heavy vehicles generally feel more planted at the same speed compared to a lightweight one due to the heft but i suppose it is very possible to improve the handling of the vehicle by means of the following upgrades

1.) anti roll bar

2.) tires with wider treads

3.) rear diffuser

4.) boot lip spoiler

5.) stiffer springs and stiffer shocks

6.) struts to prevent chassis flex (the vios in particular has very very poor chassis rigidity)

pt3 n 4 abit off the point already... for rear diffuser and boot lip spoiler to take effect is above 100km/h if not it will just add weight and increase drag

just my 2cent

rip.

By that reasoning the Lotus Elise, Caterham Super 7 and Toyota AE86 are all horrible, dangerous cars because they all come in below 1000kg......

actually simply put it

some cars are capable of handling at speeds, some are poorer

vios are amongst those which are poorer in handling capabilities

true most cars can achieve 80-120kmh but drivers need to know the limits of their ride

always see vios..swift..getz zooming at high speeds but they have very very little room

for error compared to the bigger heavier brothers

seem like all fault with the car.....................nobody think is the driver fault???.............. :o :o :o

the car is just a machine..............control by the operator............if the car can only take at 100km/h...............and the driver push it to 120km/h........langa...........whose fault???...........

the car cannot move by itelf leh...............

Edited by Tianmo