OMG... I JUST GOT AN ALFA 156....

Vhtfhwlego

Bought from the heart, not the mind.....

Just signed on the sales agreement moments ago and I wanna know which WS would you send your AR to?

I guess that the few WS that service Alfa will be as Alfa Sportivo, Alfa City & City Motors.

I phoned them up to check on the service history of my car & at one point of time, AS was servicing her but they dont wish to review the last owner's details to me....

Later on, I had spoke Tony about the new car and he had said that it is time to have the timing belt change....

And I should be sending the car over to him within the next few days.

Any reviews, things to note and the WS etc????

↡ Advertisement

I believe you need to gain trust from the wks hop before they are willing to reveal the history of the car. Over the phone is not how u can get to do that. Go down in person and speak to Peter and show him your interest in finding out more on your car.

Good luck and best wishes ....

Just signed on the sales agreement moments ago and I wanna know which WS would you send your AR to?

I guess that the few WS that service Alfa will be as Alfa Sportivo, Alfa City & City Motors.

I phoned them up to check on the service history of my car & at one point of time, AS was servicing her but they dont wish to review the last owner's details to me....

Later on, I had spoke Tony about the new car and he had said that it is time to have the timing belt change....

congrats very hard to find Lego bro.

u sold off ur MPS for the 156?

• Praise 1

I got the JTS one.

i have the JTS but GT version. the engine is known to be more problematic due to carbon build up. general rule of thumb is high rev the engine once a week. put some injector cleaner (available at petrol stations) once in about 15-20k mileage though this is not recommended by manufacturer but some owners say it helps. check engine oil levels once a week that it is near max. use the recom 10w-60...or worse case, a 5w50 oil which Mobil sells. Agent uses shell 5w40. can use but will consume faster for sure.

other things to look out for are timing belt to be changed every 50k and selespeed issues, wrong gear changes, jerky due to clutch wear. it's def not the cheapest car to maintain but u'll have a lot of fun.

I think AS just been professional not review previous owner detail.

my advise is you have a chat with peter, no need to know previous owner detail but more on know your car maintenance history which I think is more important in the long run.

anyway congrats on your new bella, u will lose a lot of excitement on other cars makes [laugh]

think only the 3 german premium or supercars make can get your excitement lvl up [:p]

OMG you trade ur MPS for 156.

Please please can you tell us how does the 156 pit against the MPS?

I am so in love with both of them [inlove]

Edited by En0203

I had the 156 JTS from 2004 to 2009 where I traded it in for a brera 3.2 (auto)

I had rather erratic idling from day one, and very frequent check-this-check-that lights on. but all no issues. Peter always adjusts the wire for me for free. I send all my cars to him.

My car broke down twice - both were selespeed issues. Else it drives great - may not be the fastest but sure is one of the most engaging (other than a MINI I had).

Last time I also considered Alfa, then I went for test drive and the seller did something with the gears and the car just jerked here and there (think its the selespeed thing). I thought it was a bit weird, so struck off the list. Cars are nice looking though.

Last time I also considered Alfa, then I went for test drive and the seller did something with the gears and the car just jerked here and there (think its the selespeed thing). I thought it was a bit weird, so struck off the list. Cars are nice looking though.

there is actually a specific way to drive the selespeed.

when i test drove, it is also jerking everywhere.

but the sales guy was very knowledgable on the alfa and told me that you need to use the paddle shift for upgears and use the gear knob for down gears.

tried it and true enough the jerkings are gone and car is rather smooth [laugh]

↡ Advertisement