VHT or Very High Temp Paint, where to buy?

Tigershark1976

Found that my exhaust pipe is rusty and tried to clean it up and sprayed with some high temp paint (the one with a barbeque pit on the can) but it doesnt even last for 3 mth...

Im currently trying source some other brand so that I could re-do the painting again on my exhauxt pipe... any recomendation?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Found that my exhaust pipe is rusty and tried to clean it up and sprayed with some high temp paint (the one with a barbeque pit on the can) but it doesnt even last for 3 mth...

Im currently trying source some other brand so that I could re-do the painting again on my exhauxt pipe... any recomendation?

I bought from HomeFix before but think limited colours, can try there

• Praise 1

i bought before at Johnson there... VHT on the can one... spray my chamber exhaust pipe for my RXZ... lol

different from those hopless high temp paint in most hardware shops...

I think maybe your problem could be due to non sticking of the paint due to the rust. When you say exhaust does this mean manifold or the lower end pipes? When the rust cancer strikes it starts from beneath the paint so the paint will keep falling off unless you get rid of the rust.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I bought from HomeFix before but think limited colours, can try there

Yes, I saw it there also, some other hardware shops and very limited colours to choose.

• Praise 1

Are you referring to the muffler tip? I had this problem too. Tried all sort of high temp paint cannot cure the rust. Ended up, went to man exhaust and had it removed by torch and welded a super nice tip.....no regrets...Once it rusted, very hard to treat it ....is like cancer....so have it remove before it spread deeper into the muffler

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 1

Industrial grade high temp coating.

Such as Jotatemp650.

Sorry dont sell in spray can. Need brush or roller to achieve thickness .

call Jotun office, they will entertain even for 1 can.

• Praise 1

Industrial grade high temp coating.

Such as Jotatemp650.

Sorry dont sell in spray can. Need brush or roller to achieve thickness .

call Jotun office, they will entertain even for 1 can.

really??!! thanks for the info bro!

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 1

Are you referring to the muffler tip? I had this problem too. Tried all sort of high temp paint cannot cure the rust. Ended up, went to man exhaust and had it removed by torch and welded a super nice tip.....no regrets...Once it rusted, very hard to treat it ....is like cancer....so have it remove before it spread deeper into the muffler

my muffler tip its still okie, its the midpipe itself that rusted...

What is best for my car? lowering springs or coil-overs?

i want to drop my car but i don't want to spend to much money so i want to buy lowering springs but i heard its not safe for my shocks is it true or not, i want to buy tein lowering springs.

dude...off topic lei...

get coilovers if u can la, performance better, height adjustable...

• Praise 1