Anybody good at CSI - truth of microwave oven

Scb11980

Hypersonic

Microwave is essential for me to heat up the da pao food. I don't like my food to be cold.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)
8 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

@yishunite 

Nobody (lay persons) actually know the truth. It is same for telecommunication (antenna) on roof tops as to whether their electro-magnetic field affects us on a long term exposure.

This is kind of like the debate around mRNA vaccines now, right? [laugh] Long-term effect, no one knows.

Anyway the idea that microwaves has a lasting polarizing or magnetizing effect on food molecules is as ridiculous as those "magnetizers" clipped onto car fuel lines, popular at one time.

From my days of working on semiconductor equipment that make use of RF or microwave generators for the processing, I know only one precaution ...better periodically check that all the waveguide connections are not leaking!! Same goes for microwave ovens, I suppose, there could be chance of leaks happening if the door seal is no longer in good condition. So just pop the food into the microwave and stay far away until it "dings"

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Ender said:

Microwave is essential for me to heat up the da pao food. I don't like my food to be cold.

can use other equipment like a small electric Conventional oven, very fast also.

Edited by Beregond

Hypersonic
31 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

This is kind of like the debate around mRNA vaccines now, right? [laugh] Long-term effect, no one knows.

Anyway the idea that microwaves has a lasting polarizing or magnetizing effect on food molecules is as ridiculous as those "magnetizers" clipped onto car fuel lines, popular at one time.

From my days of working on semiconductor equipment that make use of RF or microwave generators for the processing, I know only one precaution ...better periodically check that all the waveguide connections are not leaking!! Same goes for microwave ovens, I suppose, there could be chance of leaks happening if the door seal is no longer in good condition. So just pop the food into the microwave and stay far away until it "dings"

At least microwave usage in the household is more than 50 years. Maybe minor leaks, but any major issue affecting the masses would have manifest by now.

(edited)
On 11/11/2011 at 12:38 PM, Watwheels said:

Another lame ass story that starts with "my friend..." in it.

I still like my reply posted close to 10years ago. 

Edited by Watwheels

19 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Can I check something?

Do you folks take cooled drinks (e.g milk, liang teh  etc) from the fridge and heat it up using microwave oven and enjoy it as warm/hot beverage?

Are there bad side effects?

I dont think there will be any bad side effects if you don't do this regularly. i know many ang mohs use microwave to heat up cold milk and i have used them to boil water and cook cup noodles before. Some food like fried rice/noodle is best heated using microwave.

Twincharged
15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Everyone knows microwaves are not safe.

:D

Look at this guy

image.png.e781fdfa664f2b264773c57e38a75f77.png

There is a difference between use and over use.

↡ Advertisement