Strange HDB practice

Scb11980

why is private company running rental flats in HDB

we read in the papers, those desparate cannot find rental flat

but this family can (i guess because they are not economic risk) through a private company managing the flats

A Singaporean couple who were kicked out of the home of their eldest son after an argument moved into a three-room rental flat in Taman Jurong on Wednesday.

Foo Thin Tak, 62, his wife Tham Swee Kheng, 55 and their 27-year-old youngest son moved into their new home after spending two nights at McDonald

↡ Advertisement

I noticed you are constantly posting topics purposely to put those running Sinkland in a BAD light..

Your post has got nothing to do with your subject content of a squabbling family...

In order to highlight the shortcoming of those running the place..

One has to be unbiased and fair in putting forth issues to be discussed in a public forum and not go around just TAKING A BIG STICK TO WHACK AT ANYTHING LIKE A MAD MAN! :D

I noticed you are constantly posting topics purposely to put those running Sinkland in a BAD light..

Your post has got nothing to do with your subject content of a squabbling family...

One has to be unbiased and fair in putting forth issues to be discussed in a public forum and not go around just TAKING A BIG STICK TO WHACK AT ANYTHING LIKE A MAD MAN! :D

with due respect, i thought you are talking about yourself ? isnt this your usual style (whacking at anything like a mad man)? [laugh] ok, you have made a good point here.

dont tell me when you read you only read what you choose to read

you need to pick up issues that needs attention

such as why is HDB harvesting out HDB rental flats to private company

as private company needs to make profit

then

HDB rental flats will be more expensive

those who rent HDB rental flats are the very poor and desparate

hence the question

why private company

this family is lucky because they can afford

what about the other less fortunate families

nobody is running down singapore but we need to highlight the short-comings and see what we can improve

please dont be like our ministers

always telling everybody and kidding ourselves that we are the best and flawless

i hope i made my position clear

with due respect, i thought you are talking about yourself ? isnt this your usual style (whacking at anything like a mad man)? [laugh] ok, you have made a good point here.

Black FTrash ...bloody HIPPO

you are good

one sentence, you stroke and at the same time whack

hahahah....to call him MAD MAN is totally apt....in fact he is a CRAZY OBSESSIVE MAD MAN....

On the side line about strange practice by HDB

Just last week we receive a letter / plan for lifts upgrading at our estate . It suppose to be 30K per household , we only need to pay 3K . But my estate ( around 20yrs old ) already got lift to every flr liao , only the last flr does not have lift . I understand it is a good thing for LUP in estate which do not have lift access to every flr . Here we think the money can be spent on other thing like landscaping the estate or built a extra utility room . Why we need to upgrade our relatively nice Fujisu Lift to some china made lift ?

Now I have a hard time deciding to vote for it or not , headache .

i believe in your case, most likely the top floor will vote in favour of it

the other pple in your block will most likely not vote for it as it does not benefit them in any ways...

Just last week we receive a letter / plan for lifts upgrading at our estate . It suppose to be 30K per household , we only need to pay 3K . But my estate ( around 20yrs old ) already got lift to every flr liao , only the last flr does not have lift . I understand it is a good thing for LUP in estate which do not have lift access to every flr . Here we think the money can be spent on other thing like landscaping the estate or built a extra utility room . Why we need to upgrade our relatively nice Fujisu Lift to some china made lift ?

exactly but some people dont get it

without an issue like this family problem

most of the time

HDB practices get hidden under a mountain of carpets

hahahah....to call him MAD MAN is totally apt....in fact he is a CRAZY OBSESSIVE MAD MAN....

ok ok sabbie

can we call it peace

i promise i wont poke if you promise you will not bend

i hate it when you bend and put your index finger in your mouth

can we call it peace bro

the other pple in your block will most likely not vote for it as it does not benefit them in any ways...

In this case, HDB will only ask the top floor residents to vote, to decide whether to upgrade.

About 10yrs ago, my previous place at Lor Ah Soo, the lift landing is at our floor, so we do not need to pay for upgrading and therefore not required to vote.

So, it all depend on how HDB want the voting result to be :blink:

Cant they hack out a hole to built a lift door on the top flr ? ^_^

Neutral Newbie

My flat also kena.

Only 20% of the resident does not have lift landing.

Only these 20% are allowed to vote to decide the fate of 100%. The 80% does not have a say.

Now, the best thing is they will build a lift to serve every floor but dismantle one of the existing lift.

And they call this "upgrading"

To 80%, there is zero benefit, except for noise and dust.

In the end, there's still only 2 lifts.

In this case, HDB will only ask the top floor residents to vote, to decide whether to upgrade.

About 10yrs ago, my previous place at Lor Ah Soo, the lift landing is at our floor, so we do not need to pay for upgrading and therefore not required to vote.

So, it all depend on how HDB want the voting result to be :blink:

Huh ? so in my case , I tell HDB you can carry out LUP but I wont be paying since my level already got lift mah . [:p]

Just ask the top floor neighbors....who wants the lift.

Those who wants the lift will switch units with the lower floors units who don't mind the climb up.

Assuming there are 50 units in this particular block. Total subsidies the gov is willing to pay is $27,000 x 50 =$1,350,000.

Then tell gov to give the subsidies instead to the lower floor units who are willing to change with the top floor units.

Win win situation for the neighbors!!!

My flat also kena.

Only 20% of the resident does not have lift landing.

Only these 20% are allowed to vote to decide the fate of 100%. The 80% does not have a say.

Now, the best thing is they will build a lift to serve every floor but dismantle one of the existing lift.

And they call this "upgrading"

To 80%, there is zero benefit, except for noise and dust.

In the end, there's still only 2 lifts.

Wa lau , like that also can ah ? Did they made you all pay also ? :angry:

Just ask the top floor neighbors....who wants the lift.

Those who wants the lift will switch units with the lower floors units who don't mind the climb up.

Assuming there are 50 units in this particular block. Total subsidies the gov is willing to pay is $27,000 x 50 =$1,350,000.

Then tell gov to give the subsidies instead to the lower floor units who are willing to change with the top floor units.

Win win situation for the neighbors!!!

Wow your idea is sibei good , I dont mind change with them lor , I get the money instead . [laugh]

↡ Advertisement