Sonata NF or Cefiro

Spurman

Neutral Newbie

Cefiro interior is good.

Quietness sonata still wins.

Power sonata 2.4 wins 2.3 cefiro.

Power cefiro 2.0 wins 2.0 sonata.

I myself got the cefiro over sonata for only 1 major reason. Sonata being a taxi image. Thus my wife dun like. Else I stick all the way to korean

yah nothing is more expensive then image lol. its priceless.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Is the Cefiro CVT?.. BTW if it is the pre facelift Cefiro then I'd go for it, it doesn't seem 'lost' in its design unlike the models after it.

Hi, anyone knows if the 2006/2007 cefiro is CVT? Reason being I'm about to change transmission oil and some workshops say can't use Diaqueen ATF?? True?

Thank you! Was changing ATF at Tan Chong last 4 years....

Hi, anyone knows if the 2006/2007 cefiro is CVT? Reason being I'm about to change transmission oil and some workshops say can't use Diaqueen ATF?? True?

Diaqueen ATF is for Mitsubishi car. It's SP3 but Mitsubishi AT and CVT gb using itif specified in manual. May not be suitable for Nissan cvt

Cefiro I believe the 200 and 230 is runnin on 4AT. Only the 350 is on CVT, but please don't quote me. This is offhand recollection. Try googling for your MY cefiro for speecs

Cefiro is 4at only. But cefiro was launched like 9yrs ago Liao. So can't fault it lah. The teanas is running on cvt.

Anyway cefiro and sonata are still good rides and definately the cars that u can drive to the 10yrs mark w/o much probs

You are the owner of that car? if yes, can you not differentiate AT from CVT? Correct me if I am wrong in understanding the issue?

Neutral Newbie

Yes, been driving the cefiro for the last few years.....just that workshop folks advice makes me kan chiong so better check before I change ATF....critical yes, no?

Cefiro should be 4T, only 3500cc is CVT. thanks all for clarifying!!!

Get the sonata NF. It's engine is very responsive. FC is around 11 to 12km/l. If you get the NF sonata, you can play with sonata taxis! There's shift-tronic on the sonata, don't think the cefiro has that. Power should be the same but i believe the sonata has a better transmission. I find the cefiro as a whole really really ugly. The rear seats of the cefrio is very cramped. I have no idea what nissan was thinking when it designed such an eyesore. Just my 2 cents.

Well I love my Cefiro. Quiet, powerful, reliable and luxurious. Its the 2.3 version though.

If you find rear seats cramped then i dont know which car you comparing with ?

Sonata anytime. Though cefiro is also not bad, both are quiet and comfortable, I pick sonata because pick up is better, straight line is faster, and going up genting is better than cefiro.

Yes, been driving the cefiro for the last few years.....just that workshop folks advice makes me kan chiong so better check before I change ATF....critical yes, no?

Cefiro should be 4T, only 3500cc is CVT. thanks all for clarifying!!!

If you are in doubt on critical issues, you can always go back to Tan Chong for that issue. TC is not that expensive for ATF and all!

Well I love my Cefiro. Quiet, powerful, reliable and luxurious. Its the 2.3 version though.

If you find rear seats cramped then i dont know which car you comparing with ?

It's luxurious. But rear seats are only ideal and very comfy for 2 ppl. 3 would be a little cramp. After i put in my child car seat in the rear, lagi cramp.

Owned cefiro 2.3 v6 previously for 8months, smooth n quiet spacious n luxurious . Gd choice for a gd price comparing to Camry sonatas. Though fc sucks at 8-9km per l

Any new comments on this comparison? Thinking of getting sonata 2.4 vs cefiro 2.3 v6. Read all the threads, there are a fair share of supporters. Quite tied between the two.

Actually spoke to my mechanic and he say cefiro alot of wear and tear issue. He didnt have much comment on sonata as he dun do so many of them. But he said wear and tear wise, accord much better than cefiro.

Turbocharged

Any new comments on this comparison? Thinking of getting sonata 2.4 vs cefiro 2.3 v6. Read all the threads, there are a fair share of supporters. Quite tied between the two.

Actually spoke to my mechanic and he say cefiro alot of wear and tear issue. He didnt have much comment on sonata as he dun do so many of them. But he said wear and tear wise, accord much better than cefiro.

Which are the wear and tear issues your mechanic mentioned?

Which are the wear and tear issues your mechanic mentioned?

Engine mounting.. Oil leaks in a few areas that are not obvious until u jack up the car. V6 engine sparks also difficult to change.

Engine mounting.. Oil leaks in a few areas that are not obvious until u jack up the car. V6 engine sparks also difficult to change.

well, what you said is quite true.

But for the price and comfort, I vote for Cefiro anytime over the taxi.

Neutral Newbie

i have experience driving a 2006 sonata and a 2013 teana, both 2.0 NA, sonata 4-spd while teana cvt.

bhp on the sonata wins teana, totally no fight even though it's 7 years older. and teana wins sonata in terms of ride comfort and handling. i think hyundai's power steering still has lots to improve, very very stiff compared to nissan's.

cant compare much on their reliability because the sonata is >7-yr-old...

↡ Advertisement