Sonata NF or Cefiro

Spurman

Hypersonic

i have experience driving a 2006 sonata and a 2013 teana, both 2.0 NA, sonata 4-spd while teana cvt.

bhp on the sonata wins teana, totally no fight even though it's 7 years older. and teana wins sonata in terms of ride comfort and handling. i think hyundai's power steering still has lots to improve, very very stiff compared to nissan's.

cant compare much on their reliability because the sonata is >7-yr-old...

Stiff that's mean had more feeling. Have you try a BMW steering before??

Nissan steering are too light, I never like.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Stiff that's mean had more feeling. Have you try a BMW steering before??

Nissan steering are too light, I never like.

yea, nissan's steering is very light. but hyundai's macam no power steering. more feeling but need more strength.

Hypersonic

yea, nissan's steering is very light. but hyundai's macam no power steering. more feeling but need more strength.

As I mention. wait till you try BMW steering.

Tried both cars b4. Cefiro is definitely a better choice for comfort, ride n reliability.

dun think cefiro beats sonata on reliability as a clear winner....sonata has won usa awards for reliability b4 but nvr heard of nissan winning any....

dun think cefiro beats sonata on reliability as a clear winner....sonata has won usa awards for reliability b4 but nvr heard of nissan winning any....

Just take those so-called awards with a handful of salt if you read about how they were given out. Reliability ofjap cars generally beats MIK ones.

Just take those so-called awards with a handful of salt if you read about how they were given out. Reliability ofjap cars generally beats MIK ones.

ya, i know wat u mean....but wat i'm saying is cefiro hasnt achieved a "reliability" reputation....camry, yes....accord, yes....but havent heard anything in this respect abt cefiro

The current Honda Civic was 'voted' the best car of the year.... But do you see a lot on the roads?

ya, i know wat u mean....but wat i'm saying is cefiro hasnt achieved a "reliability" reputation....camry, yes....accord, yes....but havent heard anything in this respect abt cefiro

My colleague got a second hand cefiro.

Kpkb about the wear and tear. Spent dunno how much to replace this and that already

Neutral Newbie

I drove sonata 2.4 before, real powerful, but FC is like running tap water especially as it aged (5 years and above). Teana is more better than Cefiro, cefiro to me, not that powerful, teana is better in power and nicer look.

In term of kerb weight, sonata is heavier, the metal is solid, I ever hit a merc side by side on the front bonnet, merc bent in, mine only slight scratches, 50/50 case, merc driver kpkb.

And please do not take those 1.6 cc to compare with these 2, it is a total different way of driving. And especially latio, one the most slowest on the road, that is my personal comment, no offend to those latio owner, however, it FC is good and spacious for a 1.6cc car.

What about Subaru Legacy 2.0L vs Sonata?

I have limited budget for my next car. My Corolla due to scrap in less than 3 months. Need to get a 2L as I often ferry clients esp ang mos.

Thanks for your inputs.

The Subaru legacy is a lot smaller than the Sonata. For FC, I would suggest buying the 2.0sonata as the 2.4 fc is high. I am driving the 2.0 sonata (getting 10km/L 70%highway 30%city) and I feel that the pick up is a bit slow for me due to the weight of the car. Feels like a tank. However highway cruising is good. NVH is very good(cant hear engine sound when idling) only with some road noise intrusion(depending on tires used). If you are buying the sonata, do check the upper arm bushing as it normally degrades in 3years. This car is generally reliable except for some suspension issues.

As for legacy, wear and tear parts prices are very high. Do note that the legacy is running on timing belt and changing it will cost you about $1K plus.

What about Subaru Legacy 2.0L vs Sonata?

I have limited budget for my next car. My Corolla due to scrap in less than 3 months. Need to get a 2L as I often ferry clients esp ang mos.

Thanks for your inputs.

Legacy 2.5 la.. got turbo somemore

My colleague got a second hand cefiro.

Kpkb about the wear and tear. Spent dunno how much to replace this and that already

He must have bought a lemon then.