Sonata NF or Cefiro

Spurman

drove a sonata only for 11months. bought it 2nd hand and still lost 12k. no body value. if really u need to get one try closest to paper value. verdict. cefiro anytime over sonata. regards

↡ Advertisement

Have u consider getting a magentis? I got a 2007 magentis

Last mth for $41k.

Initially thinking of sonata too, but after driving, opt for mag instead

Hi bro, what makes u choose the magentis over sonata? Hows the car so far?

If you are willing to pay more for road tax, I would suggest the Hyundai Azera 3.3 V6. This engine produces 236bhp at 6000rpm and from tickover to redline.. the engine remains smooth. One of the smoothest engine I have ever experienced, coming very close to the V6 3.5 on the Cefiro/Maxima/Teana. Beating inline 6 on the BMW 330i.

The transmission and drivetrain enjoys 10year warranty in the USA so the set up must be pretty reliable. It has 5 speed shiftronic auto transmission.. there is really no need to use the shifttronic as the engine management does a very good job of reading your throttle input and selecting the right gear.

NVH rating is really good for the Azera. Too bad Komoco doesn't bring in the latest Azera and the genesis. The genesis is rear wheel drive and should have much better handling than the Azera.

Thanks for sharing bro. Sounds like an interesting car although the $3k roadtax is really a bit siong.

How reliable is Nissan Cefiro over Sonata????

I have great confidence in Korean cars, esp those from 2005 till present.........

My previous Getz and current Avante have never failed me b4.... Engine still strong, both cars done over 100000km....

My uncle drives a old trusty Sunny Nissan... Not too bad, durable for past 7yrs.......

My friend drives a 2005 or 2006 Nissan March... Jiat lat, everytime hear him kao peh, spoil one.... Maybe his is a lemmon..

Sonata, definately reliable... As witness from those taxis in Singapore... I think 1 out of 2 taxis are Sonatas...

its not beacause its reliable its because this model cannot sell. same like the pi who cannot sell their cars and convert them into taxi. if like dat say then the most reliable mpv is wish and stream or even estima. fit, airwave and cruze also very reliable too cause all are taxi.

its not beacause its reliable its because this model cannot sell. same like the pi who cannot sell their cars and convert them into taxi. if like dat say then the most reliable mpv is wish and stream or even estima. fit, airwave and cruze also very reliable too cause all are taxi.

I think its more of which car can provide what they need. If I am not mistaken, the jap models you mention do not come in diesel versions. If you notice most of them will choose diesel due to the low cost of diesel for the taxi drivers. Whereas the models you mention all comes in CNG forms. This model cannot sell in Singapore but not overseas. Singapore is too small of a market to really judge any car model's success globally due to biasness of many.

How reliable is Nissan Cefiro over Sonata????

I have great confidence in Korean cars, esp those from 2005 till present.........

My previous Getz and current Avante have never failed me b4.... Engine still strong, both cars done over 100000km....

My uncle drives a old trusty Sunny Nissan... Not too bad, durable for past 7yrs.......

My friend drives a 2005 or 2006 Nissan March... Jiat lat, everytime hear him kao peh, spoil one.... Maybe his is a lemmon..

Sonata, definately reliable... As witness from those taxis in Singapore... I think 1 out of 2 taxis are Sonatas...

before you purchase, you should check the outside workshops that are good for both model. and check the problem for both vehicles from google.

of course, i will go for cefiro over sonata. i believe the comfort level of cefiro is much better than sonata. but as you said, when test drive, the cefiro is very noiser, so you must know what is the problem before you purchase. if it is something like wear and tear things like wheel bearing, then it is easily be changed. but if the previous owner mis treat the can, then good lucks.

BTW, car quiet does not mean is in better condition. there are more to check before confirm. since you are not new driver, you should like roughly how to check on the car condition.

before you purchase, you should check the outside workshops that are good for both model. and check the problem for both vehicles from google.

of course, i will go for cefiro over sonata. i believe the comfort level of cefiro is much better than sonata. but as you said, when test drive, the cefiro is very noiser, so you must know what is the problem before you purchase. if it is something like wear and tear things like wheel bearing, then it is easily be changed. but if the previous owner mis treat the can, then good lucks.

BTW, car quiet does not mean is in better condition. there are more to check before confirm. since you are not new driver, you should like roughly how to check on the car condition.

go for the cefiro and forget abt sonata. sat in both and they are of different class and there are no ways to compare.

Both are not my type of car. If looking at this segment of car, would definitely prefer the Teana. But of course, if your budget is limited, will still pick the cefiro. Sonata just does not have that much of a presence. To me, it's just like a bigger than normal sedan, nothing else. Not that I like the outlook of cefiro, but it still looks more elegant in all aspects.

Neutral Newbie

Dear Mr Cretin i understand that you drive a mark x but you don't need to hate on korean cars. Korean cars have evolved significantly over the years catching up with the japanese. I also understand that your Mark X must be a great ego booster to you. I'm glad you're happy with your car and how powerful it must be. The amazing thing is that there wasn't any mention of toyota or mark x but yet you seem to have gotten offended. Based on my observations you must really hate taxi drivers and the car they have. Did you lose a drag race with one and that's why you're all sore and uncouth? Besides did anyone ask you to get a korean car? I doubt so. I'm sure you've got lots of time to play with yourself.

please grow up lah. 4th gear with over 400 posts still act like a kid. since u like to dig post why not go dig nose. i bet its more enjoyable then driving your korean car.

Neutral Newbie

ONLINE STORE :

====( http://qr.net/fqex+ )=====

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

====( http://qr.net/fqex+ )=====

please grow up lah. 4th gear with over 400 posts still act like a kid. since u like to dig post why not go dig nose. i bet its more enjoyable then driving your korean car.

Haha read this thread carefully to know what car i drive cretin.

Definitely Cefiro for me.. seriously, it doesn't feel too good when you are supposed to be driving a larger sedan of a certain class, which is why you pay more for it, and yet see your car so commonly running on the street as a taxi.

Just curious if there's a difference in scrap value for this two makes? Please also factor in that in the event u do wish to sell before scrap, there's a high chance of a bigger paper loss on the sonata.

I don't think u can play with sonata taxis!! those are turbo diesel engines vs the NA petrol engine in the NF sonata? [:/]

The sonata taxis on the road are turbo diesel engines? Dont understand how come they need turbo engine for a taxi? And dont understand how come our taxis in sg is getting more and more powerful engine? Dont know for wht reasons? [confused]

The sonata taxis on the road are turbo diesel engines? Dont understand how come they need turbo engine for a taxi? And dont understand how come our taxis in sg is getting more and more powerful engine? Dont know for wht reasons? [confused]

diesels are known for having high torque but pulling power only gets you so far as you need horsepower to sustain the speed. A turbo helps to add to the horsepower and torque. As Jason Plato has aptly put it, horsepower is the ability of the engine to maintain its speed whereas torque is the ability of the engine to get to that speed.

The Cefiro 200JK ain't that refined a car as others may imagine. What they have in mind is the 230JL V6 model. Yes. That's quiet, refined to drive.

Between the 200JK and NF 2.0, I'll pick the Sonata 2.0L anytime, which is what TS is comparing - 2.0L versions of both cars, not the 2.3V6/ 2.4L.