Sonata NF or Cefiro

Spurman

Camry not as refined. Give me I'll take Cefiro. Sonata lose in the aspect of comfort for rear passenger. There is no air con vent for passenger in the back. For Cefiro, there is. Also, Cefiro is a jap make. Not saying sonata is no good. But those years Korean car aren't that fantastic yet.

↡ Advertisement

dun know abt the comfort level of the Cefiro (never sat in one b4)....but sonata taxi seems comfy enough for me....

reliability wise, i think sonata has earned its reputation in usa (even Consumer Report has awarded sonata as most reliable b4)....

in the end, i think TS shld perhaps make his decision fr the finance pt of view as well as fr his (or his wife's) heart [:p]

Hi guys,

Thinking of changing my current 3yrs ride, Avante 1.6manual.... driven 100,000km++.... Hee...

Overall, Avante is good to drive, but maybe I'm getting older, more uncle liao, legs getting tired from too much manual driving.... Thus decided to look into a good reliable 5-6yrs old car......

Test drive both Sonata and Cefiro.....

Maybe the 2nd hand unit Cefiro offered by the dealer was nosier, which is a surprise... Louder than my Avante...

The Sonata meanwhile is super super quiet, for a 5yrs old, not bad...

Any other comparisons btw this 2?

1) FC

2) power for both 2.0

3) Maintenance

I actually find Sonata slightly more responsive.

But Cefiro more nice in interior and looks good on the outside, and of coz more expensive.

Cheers guys

is FC an important criteria for you? i'm getting about 9.5km/l on my v6 cefiro.

other than FC, i think resale value/reliability/spare parts/servicing should be quite affordable and also better than sonata.

Camry not as refined. Give me I'll take Cefiro. Sonata lose in the aspect of comfort for rear passenger. There is no air con vent for passenger in the back. For Cefiro, there is. Also, Cefiro is a jap make. Not saying sonata is no good. But those years Korean car aren't that fantastic yet.

sonata not that bad lah. i believe this batch of sonata is an improvement compared with previous batches.

over the years, hyundais have improved tremendously, look at the new tucson, santa fe, i45 and the latest elantra (replacement for the 2009 best selling model in singapore: avante)

many people have not or dare not try other brands except the brands which they encounter first (or from their parents). of cos if money is no concern, then usually merc or bmw will b their first choices.

however, sonata nf 2.0 is lower in price than a cefiro 200, need not compare with camry 2.0 as it is even more expensive.

taxi uncles complained that sonata taxi do break down more often, but in what sense? (just compare to the new Che****** Epi** taxi, its worse). the crown/cedric were manual, but sonata taxi is turbo auto. the torque for the turbo auto makes the taxi able to pick up fast, as compared to old crown/cedric or even corona.

at the end of the day, what is the budget that you would like to spend on a car?

the azera is a very good car, given the 3.3 litre V6 engine, creamy smooth. of cos the road tax of $2,900 per year may be a bit high, but if the depreciation of the azera is $6,000 + $2,900 road tax a year (=$8,900), it is still lower than a camry 2.0 yearly depreciation of $9,000 (excluding road tax). think about it, for a lower cost, u get to enjoy a bigger car, more powerful n smoother engine, with 5-speed auto vs camry 2.0 4-speed.

so if both designs r about the same, the next factor is price if u can ignore brand (as u r already driving a hyundai, so i believe brand is not an issue). sonata nf is quiet n smooth, handles well even at highway speed (still quiet) for its class. u may even consider the sonata nf 2.4, which has a higher hp n torque and also about the same depreciation.

happy car hunting :)

cheers

[drivingcar]

Own a 2nd hand 2.4ltr NF for 3+ years liao.

Bot only 44k when she was 2.5years old. ^_^

Not a great car but its decent lar.

FC is horrible tho @ 8.5km/ltr.

Huge rear passenger space........can easily make babies in comfort behind. [laugh]

So far most expensive thing to replace was the suspension and some small items under 1k each time.

Normal wear & tear for a 6 year old car. Understandable.

Periodic Servicing every 10k as per normal.........$100+ is sufficient.

If u really consider the NF, go for the 2.0ltr. The 2.4ltr FC and road tax is quite taxing to the wallet.

Own a 2nd hand 2.4ltr NF for 3+ years liao.

Bot only 44k when she was 2.5years old. ^_^

Not a great car but its decent lar.

FC is horrible tho @ 8.5km/ltr.

Huge rear passenger space........can easily make babies in comfort behind. [laugh]

So far most expensive thing to replace was the suspension and some small items under 1k each time.

Normal wear & tear for a 6 year old car. Understandable.

Periodic Servicing every 10k as per normal.........$100+ is sufficient.

If u really consider the NF, go for the 2.0ltr. The 2.4ltr FC and road tax is quite taxing to the wallet.

Wow didn't know the disparity between the 2.4 and the 2.0 is that great with regard to the FC.

Yup i the rear passenger space is huge. Hmm that's probably what taxi drivers do when they go to geylang or when they put their status as busy but in front got some xmm from PRC, Thailand, Vietnam, etc and drive along the katong area.

Edited by Fastfive1

if u are getting the Sonata NF go for the FL one. the interior is much nicer than than pre-FL.

btw i have great confidence in korean cars too. used to drive a getz for 6 years without any breakdowns other than the usual wear and tear...

Edited by Wubb

People are in denial that the koreans are catching up really fast. The only area that hasn't been conquered by the koreans is possibly in the sport car area. But then again it has the genesis coupe which is used by Rhys Millen to drift in.

if u are getting the Sonata NF go for the FL one. the interior is much nicer than than pre-FL.

btw i have great confidence in korean cars too. used to drive a getz for 6 years without any breakdowns other than the usual wear and tear...

Actually nothing wrong with the current korean cars, if you service the car regularly and change te wear & tear parts, the car should be able to serve you well.

More importantly is the engine must be good, other small small parts which spoilt should not be a big issue. I have a friend korean car, reverse senor, power window and dashboard backlight spoilt liao, he also bo chap. But people migth think korean car no good since these things so "easily spoilt"?! [:p]

Sonata i45 definately a great car. Fantastic design. Fantastic curves. Good ride..

I45 compare teana. For 2.0

I45 wins in power.

Teana wins in interior comfort.

I45 wins in design.

I45 and teana both on par on reliability.

I45 sells better than teana in USA. But teana sells better in the south east Asia region.

I45 more fuel economical.

Unfortunately budget constraint And that i am looking for Ride to tide me over 3-4yrs. So looking for older rides, drive till scrap. Save much more on depreciation

Hate to say it, but I just sold my ride for a old Cefiro....... Coz of some itch, and some image change...... Need to go up KL more often, scared of the traffic jams there..As I go older, haha, legs cant tahan too long for manual liao.... the cluth holding... haha.

I am writing with great sadness tonight... Just signed the agreement to buy a 6yrs old Cefiro, but the agony of going to lose my Avante to the dealer kinda pains me..... The major consolation is that my Avante can still fetch a good price....... I probably lose a few dollars on interest....... On paper, I actually ride my Avante for free 3yrs.......

Trust me, the Avante is one of the best in its class for a 1.6cc......

Finally, I could only lament that why the yellow cabs and the blue cabs use Sonata...... Maybe if they had only as much Sonata Taxis as the Toyota Wish Taxis, then probably, can convince my wife that Sonata is the ride for me.....

So long Sonata....... I hope my next ride is the Sonata YF or Kia Optima...

Hate to say it, but I just sold my ride for a old Cefiro....... Coz of some itch, and some image change...... Need to go up KL more often, scared of the traffic jams there..As I go older, haha, legs cant tahan too long for manual liao.... the cluth holding... haha.

I am writing with great sadness tonight... Just signed the agreement to buy a 6yrs old Cefiro, but the agony of going to lose my Avante to the dealer kinda pains me..... The major consolation is that my Avante can still fetch a good price....... I probably lose a few dollars on interest....... On paper, I actually ride my Avante for free 3yrs.......

Trust me, the Avante is one of the best in its class for a 1.6cc......

Finally, I could only lament that why the yellow cabs and the blue cabs use Sonata...... Maybe if they had only as much Sonata Taxis as the Toyota Wish Taxis, then probably, can convince my wife that Sonata is the ride for me.....

So long Sonata....... I hope my next ride is the Sonata YF or Kia Optima...

so you are sad because you sold your Avante or you buy the Cefiro?

hey bro, im driving a 2006 sonata 2.0litre. comfort level is nice , very spacious too. and the ride is still super quiet although my car is 5 year old plus. power wise so-so and good enough for sg road! quite a good car i can say

my friend just scrap his 10 years sunny due to high coe. This simple car really does its job well for 10 years with no major break down.

sunny is, pardon my language, farking durable and reliable.....

i know, because i own one.... [rolleyes]

Hi Guys,

Update on the selection and such..

Finally got the Cefiro 200JK... Black...This afternoon.. Replace my Avante......

To be frank, I kinda feel sad to leave my Avante.... I actually get Avante a nice car wash before handling the ride to my dealer who sold me the Cefiro and take in my Avante....

To my beloved old friend (AVANTE), you have served me very well for the past 3yrs.... You had good pick-up, acceleration for a 1600CC car... You had a great boot space, quite spacious interior, and you were rather good when packed with 3 full adults at the back... Of coz you cant compare to Sonata or Cefiro in size... They are a different class cabin...

You have took me to Perak, Penang, KL.... Never had a break down....

You even bang a Sunny from behind, but leave yourself without any dents or scratch..... (sorry to the driver, my fault)..

For sound insulation, you are one of the best in your class.. In fact, my wife who sat with me just now commented that Avante is as good as Cefiro for sound insulation.

Now its time to welcome the old Cefiro..... Auto gear at last for me... Haha.... You are a very comfortable ride... For long distance drive, this is the car.....

Thanks guys for helping me make the decision to choose this Cefiro...

hey bro, im driving a 2006 sonata 2.0litre. comfort level is nice , very spacious too. and the ride is still super quiet although my car is 5 year old plus. power wise so-so and good enough for sg road! quite a good car i can say

Agreed totally... Sonata is freaking quiet..... Value for money.

↡ Advertisement