ST Forum: Motorists Taken For A Ride On Carpark Security?

Vulcann

The word "surveillance" gives folks the impression that it is being watched which may not be

Anyway, our MCFer bro Adrian's experience has already clearly shown sometimes even with all the evidence including video footage of the perpertrator in action given, sadly nothing will be done except a warning letter issued... [mad][mad][mad]

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_733601.html

Motorists taken for a ride on carpark security?

Published on Nov 14, 2011

WHEN my car was vandalised at a multi-storey carpark, after the culprit tried to open it with a crowbar, I noticed that a sign at the carpark stated that it was under surveillance, so I assumed it was monitored by closed-circuit TV (CCTV) cameras.

When I checked with the HDB, I was told that it was not under its jurisdiction and directed me to the town council.

When I telephoned the Tanjong Pagar Town Council, I was told that the carpark, in Block 10 Holland Drive, did not, in fact, have CCTV camera surveillance.

Whichever authority is in charge of the carpark should not have given motorists a false sense of security.

Elisabeth Raman Verlinde (Mrs)

↡ Advertisement

The word "surveillance" gives folks the impression that it is being watched which may not be

Anyway, our MCFer bro Adrian's experience has already clearly shown sometimes even with all the evidence including video footage of the perpertrator in action given, sadly nothing will be done except a warning letter issued... [mad][mad][mad]

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_733601.html

Motorists taken for a ride on carpark security?

Published on Nov 14, 2011

WHEN my car was vandalised at a multi-storey carpark, after the culprit tried to open it with a crowbar, I noticed that a sign at the carpark stated that it was under surveillance, so I assumed it was monitored by closed-circuit TV (CCTV) cameras.

When I checked with the HDB, I was told that it was not under its jurisdiction and directed me to the town council.

When I telephoned the Tanjong Pagar Town Council, I was told that the carpark, in Block 10 Holland Drive, did not, in fact, have CCTV camera surveillance.

Whichever authority is in charge of the carpark should not have given motorists a false sense of security.

Elisabeth Raman Verlinde (Mrs)

Perfect example of misrepresentation (plain language: telling lies, cheats) on the part of whoever put up the signs and supposed to provide what's stated............. misleading the users of the car park and giving a false sense of security

Perfect example of misrepresentation (plain language: telling lies, cheats) on the part of whoever put up the signs and supposed to provide what's stated............. misleading the users of the car park and giving a false sense of security

for show only mah. common folk just thought it is for real. it is not only the car park, ppl here are too naive.

They do sell those dummy suvrveilance camera. Maybe our town council are using them.

In this case I think they do not have anything to resemble a surveilance camera at all...

The writer has to take it up with the TC to ask them what do they mean by "surveilance".

Quite sure the reply will cause one to be [furious] [furious]

Edited by Vulcann

If I not wrong, the surveillance word on the signboard is big big, but underneath are the words " by citizens on patrol"!

so, it's as good as no surveillance bec hardly any patrol by anyone ard!

This sign is really misleading n are common in Hdb carparks..

Buy own car cam better..

by the way

when we pay for parking charges

there is a build in cost to that which include what ever they claim to have

If I not wrong, the surveillance word on the signboard is big big, but underneath are the words " by citizens on patrol"!

Buy own car cam better..

You are saying those surveillance sign mostly are "fake"? [:/]

Buy own car cam better..

Car cam good for settling disputes on the roads but useless for catching vandalisers as shown by our bro Adrian's experience:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...2647646&hl=

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...2650074&hl=

With clear evidence of video footage of the joker in action and his face shown still cannot get him, only a warning letter issued to him by the authorities...

[mad] [mad]

Good to have if you wana know who the perpertrator is though...

Edited by Vulcann

Car cam good for settling disputes on the roads but useless for catching vandalisers as shown by our bro Adrian's experience:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...2647646&hl=

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...2650074&hl=

With clear evidence of video footage of the joker in action and his face shown still cannot get him, only a warning letter issued to him by the authorities...

[mad] [mad]

Good to have if you wana know who the perpertrator is though...

It's time for vigilante justice bro.

Our justice/law enforcement system is simply not working for the common man.

In this case I think they do not have anything to resemble a surveilance camera at all...

The writer has to take it up with the TC to ask them what do they mean by "surveilance".

Quite sure the reply will cause one to be [furious] [furious]

The blangha there cleaning will watch, if not there boh pian, they have to take breaks and clean other place also.

That is THEIR surveillance.

The blangha there cleaning will watch, if not there boh pian, they have to take breaks and clean other place also.

That is THEIR surveillance.

like that confirm win nap nap liao [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

bangala ji pai also pai tan, sweep floor clear/clean refuse chute still gota jaga MSCP...[sweatdrop]

So next time MPS they also chup ji ka? [laugh]

Edited by Vulcann

like that confirm win nap nap liao [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

bangala ji pai also pai tan, sweep floor clear/clean refuse chute still gota jaga MSCP...[sweatdrop]

So next time MPS they also chup ji ka? [laugh]

Actually, most of them are really very nice guys, when they floor washing, ask them use high power jet clean wheel arc, they will do also, and if you friend friend with them, they will look after your car if they are around. Normally it's "some" of the lokos (aka locals) who red eye your car and do the UN-needful of "marking" their territory like some pariah animal. I kana already, 5" scratch on my back wheel arc. :D

Actually, most of them are really very nice guys, when they floor washing, ask them use high power jet clean wheel arc, they will do also, and if you friend friend with them, they will look after your car if they are around. Normally it's "some" of the lokos (aka locals) who red eye your car and do the UN-needful of "marking" their territory like some pariah animal. I kana already, 5" scratch on my back wheel arc. :D

Totally agree with you on these FWs (minus FT hor).

The ones I worked with (last time Thais nowadays Bangalas, Indians & Myamar) are all ok [thumbsup] .

They tend to be more humble and accomodating, unlike some FTs who seem to be demanding these or that [smash] .

My best encounter was on board a packed MRT train this year.

Was with my two naughties and OC (not pregnant hor) standing after stepping in the train when three Indian FWs stood up to give us their seats.

I declined the nice offer as we were getting off the next station but I thanked them [thumbsup] .

As for locals, some really BK and suck big time...

Conventional wisdom here is not to wash your ride at your car park as there are [furious] green-eyed monsters lurking by...

One of my late friend did just that and her brand new Thai-rolla promptly got a "nice" deco at the boot end to end across the following morning.

Edited by Vulcann

U know some lifts, there are those got lcd screen outside at the lobby so u can c wats gg on in the lift. I know those confirm got camera la.

There are also those put lift monitored by cctv but no screen, i oso wonder whether have or not. As u knoe, no smoking in lift, got 1 neighbour been smoking in lift for years..nothing happen to him.

↡ Advertisement