Renting out room - must declare?

Bluepica

by right, yes.

by left, do anything and dun get caught.

what is get caught ? by who? HDB? or IRAS? Will get into trouble with IRAS for defaulting rental income ? Heard my friend said small amount, don't declare should be ok...

Wahhhhh.....2.5k to 22.5k fine is not small amount lei. [sweatdrop]

39 flats kena seize in 2010.

Wah lau aaaaaaaaaa..........no house still have to continue service housing loan ????

Cannot imagine a 500k house kena comfisated.

not confiscate.....

acquire....got money take one. [laugh]

erh... but I'm not renting out whole unit and it's not illegal lei... unless if renting out even one room and not reporting to HDB also consider illegal la

You need to declare to HDB (i.e. register the occupants), else, offence in the eyes of law.

IRAS, no need.

erh... but I'm not renting out whole unit and it's not illegal lei... unless if renting out even one room and not reporting to HDB also consider illegal la

rent out whole unit or one storeroom.. as long as u never declare to our gahment, u will dio..

but as i've mentioned, do anything.. just dun get caught.. and i dun mean HDB will spot check.. ur neighbours might comprain..

rent out whole unit or one storeroom.. as long as u never declare to our gahment, u will dio..

but as i've mentioned, do anything.. just dun get caught.. and i dun mean HDB will spot check.. ur neighbours might comprain..

Ah ok... got it... thx [:)]

Neutral Newbie

You need to declare to HDB (i.e. register the occupants), else, offence in the eyes of law.

IRAS, no need.

IRAS must declare right? for income tax purpose?

Hello all,

Is it compulsory to declare to HDB and IRAS if renting a room in a HDB flat ?

In sinkie land, cheating the pappy....penalty will be very jialat... [furious] ...see what happened to SLA koh

Hi Bros,

For Whole Unit

Informing the Comptroller of Property Tax of the subletting, and HDB of any changes in the subletting

For Bedroom

No need.

Kindly read through for ease of mind for both units and bedrooms

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/...om?OpenDocument

Hope these helps cheers

Just found out from IRAS website, renting out room (sub-rental) also need to declare.

Hi Bros,

For Whole Unit

Informing the Comptroller of Property Tax of the subletting, and HDB of any changes in the subletting

For Bedroom

No need.

Kindly read through for ease of mind for both units and bedrooms

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/...om?OpenDocument

Hope these helps cheers

are you sure ? no need approval.. but still need to declare. if i am not wrong, if you sublet/rent out.. you are not eligible for some of the goodies that gov gives out.

No prior approval from HDB is required for subletting of the bedrooms. However, flat owners who sublet bedrooms in their HDB flats will have to register with HDB within 7 days of doing so. They are also required to notify HDB when they renew or terminate the subletting of bedrooms, and when there are changes to their subtenants' particulars.

↡ Advertisement