ST Forum:'Cheapskate' Motorists Hog Parking Space W/O Paying

Vulcann

Can be frustrating searching for empty lots especially at those popular coupon-parking car parks near schools or shopping centres with many such "parked" vehicles [:(]

From ST Forum:

'Cheapskate' motorists hog parking space without paying

Published on Nov 17, 2011

THE public carpark behind Far East Shopping Centre is popular because it provides cheaper parking for the Orchard Road area. Unfortunately, there are motorists who exploit this by waiting for their friends or family members in their cars, without displaying carpark coupons.

I had an unpleasant experience there on Monday about 11.30am while trying to find a parking space. The driver of a Mercedes-Benz was reading newspapers at the wheel, without coupons being displayed on the dashboard.

I approached her to check if she intended to park her car. She said she was waiting for her daughter but did not intend to use a parking coupon.

That driver was not alone. Other motorists were also occupying parking spaces without paying for them.

The carpark was full and there were many motorists queuing for parking spaces.

How does the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) deal with such motorists who prevent others from legitimate use of parking spaces?

Jeyarani Anita Henry (Ms)

↡ Advertisement

EPS parking is the best way to deal with such 'cheapskates'..even if these motorists were to stay inside..they would be billed by the minutes

i love eps parking.

no need to tear coupon and

worry for coupon to expire....

and chase away all "cheapskates, freeloader, etc..etc.." drivers..

i love eps parking.

no need to tear coupon and

worry for coupon to expire....

and chase away all "cheapskates, freeloader, etc..etc.." drivers..

I second that....ESP OPC drivers.............oops...sure kena crusade agst me [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Oh com'on. Give the waiting drivers a break. Ask them to tear coupons and wait outside their cars, like that you happy?

You still dun get the lot right? Just blame our luck and next time come out earlier lor.

Edited by Latio2005A

EPS parking is the best way to deal with such 'cheapskates'..even if these motorists were to stay inside..they would be billed by the minutes

If EPS then fair to everyone...

Good example is the open-air car park at ICA.

Now EPS'ed liao the many vehicles previously there after office hours seem to be lesser.

Of course those waiting to pick up their OCs or others there are not a happy lot <_< nowadays...

EPS is fair (pay by the minute) and gives the convenience of not having to tear coupons. I fully support although the system gives no opportunity for cheating.

I second that....ESP OPC drivers.............oops...sure kena crusade agst me [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

OPC drivers like me also need your service one day, dont like tat, give them a chance :D

I fully support although the system gives no opportunity for cheating.

I fully support you though some bros may disagree with your declaration [laugh]

Edited by Vulcann

Oh com'on. Give the waiting drivers a break. Ask them to tear coupons and wait outside their cars, like that you happy?

You still dun get the lot right? Just blame our luck and next time come out earlier lor.

if i am waiting for frens in a carpark, i will just park at the driveway and wait in the car, let the others who need the lots use them..... why occupy a lot when others need it more (they will actual park and leave the car)

what would i gain by taking up a lot and deprive others of it?

I agree.

But where I live and EPS has recently been installed then drivers just park on double yellows instead.

Or on side roads where there is a continuous white line.

These drivers who illegally parked have to face the consequences lo.

Then again their action will bring in another lot of problem on road safety liao [:(] ...

well...frankly speaking it is a social problem...."Selffish"....but that's the norm here what !!! the writer want change what ?? change all the lightning to hammer ?? [laugh][laugh]

OPC drivers like me also need your service one day, dont like tat, give them a chance :D

unker.....i hv no issues with u lah....but a MAJORITY......nuff said [:p][:p]

I think RadX *wants* more OPC drivers to use his services quick quick. [laugh]

if i am waiting for frens in a carpark, i will just park at the driveway and wait in the car, let the others who need the lots use them..... why occupy a lot when others need it more (they will actual park and leave the car)

what would i gain by taking up a lot and deprive others of it?

+1... vice versa... u would wish others do the same too... it's juz plain courtesy....

I think RadX *wants* more OPC drivers to use his services quick quick. [laugh]

choy!!! (touch wood)..... i havent finished bioing enough chio bus in my OPC yet, not yet :D

↡ Advertisement