SITEX price for Asus Eee Transformer Tablet

Donut

I'm looking to get this one.

Any one saw the pricing in SITEX? I tried looking at HWZ, but no info.

Seriously this is the best tablet in the market at this moment..............

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

if can hang on a bit... wait for Asus Transformer Prime.... the mother of all tablets... launching soon....

but how much will it be?

Here's a review of Asus Transformer Prime TF201

The launch price will be US$499 for the 32GB tablet.

And US$159 for the keyboard dock, sold separately.

Yes, it will be more expensive than the current TF101 - BUT Expect the TF101 to drop drastically in price when TF201 is launched.

So whether you get Transformer or Transformer Prime, it may be advisable to wait a few weeks more.

Any idea if i want to bring overseas for use, it is better to buy tablet or those 10.1" notebook? [:/]

It depends. This asus has SD, micro SD ports, USB ports, HDMI Port, on the screen part. So this sets this asus apart from iPad and samsung. iPad and samsung is like a closed system. U can't do anything with it! U can't slot in SD cards, no USB port.

Asus is a 2 in 1 tablet.

Any idea if i want to bring overseas for use, it is better to buy tablet or those 10.1" notebook? [:/]

if you are looking to do something productive while overseas, bring a notebook.

if you are looking to do something productive while overseas, bring a notebook.

if by productive, you mean doing programming with C# and .NET, and crunching out visio diagrams, plotting cad drawings, editing movies - yes, a notebook will be necessary.

BUT... if productive means reading and sending emails, writing word docs, crunching excel files, doing powerpoint presentations, watching movies, listening to music and taking photos and videos - then a tablet would suffice.

if by productive, you mean doing programming with C# and .NET, and crunching out visio diagrams, plotting cad drawings, editing movies - yes, a notebook will be necessary.

BUT... if productive means reading and sending emails, writing word docs, crunching excel files, doing powerpoint presentations, watching movies, listening to music and taking photos and videos - then a tablet would suffice.

i dont know about you but i am still very much comfortable using my office productivity suite on a physical keyboard. well, nobody is stopping you from typing a full fledged report on a tablet. why not, the choice is yours certainly.

i dont know about you but i am still very much comfortable using my office productivity suite on a physical keyboard. well, nobody is stopping you from typing a full fledged report on a tablet. why not, the choice is yours certainly.

when i say tablet, referring to the asus transformer la.... with the keyboard. The point is, for office productivity not necessarily need the full power of a standard laptop.

A few hundred dollar tablet can also handle office apps similar to a full notebook. Of course, when heavy duty processing power is required, then a standard laptop is more appropriate. So that's why need to define what is meant by productive, since the question was: is it better to bring laptop or tablet overseas.

I'm looking to get this one.

Any one saw the pricing in SITEX? I tried looking at HWZ, but no info.

Seriously this is the best tablet in the market at this moment..............

Thanks!

Shopping for a tablet this weekend too, wifey been complaining I'm hogging on to the PC.

Think will just get the SONY S or S2 or IPAD2, any good suggestion?

when i say tablet, referring to the asus transformer la.... with the keyboard. The point is, for office productivity not necessarily need the full power of a standard laptop.

A few hundred dollar tablet can also handle office apps similar to a full notebook. Of course, when heavy duty processing power is required, then a standard laptop is more appropriate. So that's why need to define what is meant by productive, since the question was: is it better to bring laptop or tablet overseas.

even if productivity extends from low end task(s) e.g. report writing to serious stuff like autoCAD, ultraportables still superior to tablet in most aspects except maybe portability. [rolleyes]

Edited by Happily1986

even if productivity extends from low end task(s) e.g. report writing to serious stuff like autoCAD, ultraportables still superior to tablet in most aspects except maybe portability. [rolleyes]

ok..