Booking of Taxis

Dwee

Visit My Website

Read this on Stomp :

STOMPer Ang says she was late because a taxi she had booked took another passenger instead. This was despite the fact she had reached the pick-up location before receiving the call telling her the cab had arrived.

The upset STOMPer wrote:

"At 8am this morning I called Comfort to book a cab and got a confirmation.

"When I went to my pick-up location prior to the confirmation call that my taxi had arrived, I saw my cab leaving with a passenger. It was already too far for me to run after it.

"I then waited another 20 minutes and saw a cab alight a passenger. While waiting for the passenger to get off, standing right in front of the cab, the taxi changed from 'hired' to 'on call' immediately.

"Another 15 minutes later the same thing happened, 'hired' to 'on call'!

"Should you put a passenger right in front of you as a priority rather than accept a call request just to get the booking fee?

"This was a very bad experience with comfort cab which made me late for 30 minutes."

↡ Advertisement

Didn't she knows that each taxi have to answer at least 2 booking ('On Call') per day as laid down by LTA. Last time, those booking through telephone would received no taxi available and customers kpkb. So ruling that every taxi must take booking...... [:/][:/]

I personally have encountered someone trying to hijacked my taxi. Luckily this taxi driver was educated professional and smart enough.

The scenario :

I booked a taxi. It replied me that it will arrived in 10 mins time. Before arriving , the taxi driver called me to say he's reaching 2 mins except that he is stuck in the junction where an idiot illegally stop his/her car at the side. Not long, I saw it coming with the on call sign. But , to my surprise, a guy hailed my cab and went in immediately. But he came out slamming the door . Next another guy hailed my taxi and was speaking to the driver over the wind down window. He went in. But this time my phone ring. It was that taxi driver. The passenger that went in came alighting the taxi. The driver drove to me and I gave a stare at both the previous idiots before boarding the taxi.

This is what the driver told me :

1st Passenger - After he went in the he told the driver that he will pay the booking fee plus additional $2 if he will to drive him. The driver rejected him and requested him to alight.

2nd Passenger - He told the driver over the window that he is the one who booked the cab and he went in. The driver than asked him for his name. He asked back the driver what is the name he is picking up. This driver was smart enough not to revealed but called the phone number again. And my phone rang. The driver than requested him to alight the car.

In this world , we really have different kinds of idiots . . .

Now with the GPS system, operator can see which taxi is nearest to the booking location and would sent that taxi there......

Afterall, booking ones have to pay extra and since those booking ones willing to pay more, so cab operators cater to them lor. On raining days, booking ones also had to wait for more than 1/2 an hour or no taxi available ... [mad][mad]

I personally have encountered someone trying to hijacked my taxi. Luckily this taxi driver was educated professional and smart enough.

The scenario :

I booked a taxi. It replied me that it will arrived in 10 mins time. Before arriving , the taxi driver called me to say he's reaching 2 mins except that he is stuck in the junction where an idiot illegally stop his/her car at the side. Not long, I saw it coming with the on call sign. But , to my surprise, a guy hailed my cab and went in immediately. But he came out slamming the door . Next another guy hailed my taxi and was speaking to the driver over the wind down window. He went in. But this time my phone ring. It was that taxi driver. The passenger that went in came alighting the taxi. The driver drove to me and I gave a stare at both the previous idiots before boarding the taxi.

This is what the driver told me :

1st Passenger - After he went in the he told the driver that he will pay the booking fee plus additional $2 if he will to drive him. The driver rejected him and requested him to alight.

2nd Passenger - He told the driver over the window that he is the one who booked the cab and he went in. The driver than asked him for his name. He asked back the driver what is the name he is picking up. This driver was smart enough not to revealed but called the phone number again. And my phone rang. The driver than requested him to alight the car.

In this world , we really have different kinds of idiots . . .

thats what happens when taxis play hide and seek.

ppl willing to pay, but taxis not even willing to appear.

Didn't she knows that each taxi have to answer at least 2 booking ('On Call') per day as laid down by LTA. Last time, those booking through telephone would received no taxi available and customers kpkb. So ruling that every taxi must take booking...... [:/][:/]

got such rule meh?

Very competitive now.

I heard from my uncle...he is on a waiting list for three months just to hope to rent a taxi as a main driver.

Now he is doing night shift, while waiting for his new taxi from c0mf0rt.

Still no news....maybe COE too high....taxi co cannot get enough new taxi out fast enough.

when more people wan to b teksi driver, means something bad.........

Very competitive now.

I heard from my uncle...he is on a waiting list for three months just to hope to rent a taxi as a main driver.

Now he is doing night shift, while waiting for his new taxi from c0mf0rt.

Still no news....maybe COE too high....taxi co cannot get enough new taxi out fast enough.

since on taxi, need some enlightenment.............

is there a taxi big enough to ferry 3 adults and 3 children+1 big luggage and 2 small ones...??

to the airport [;)]

is there a taxi big enough to ferry 3 adults and 3 children+1 big luggage and 2 small ones...??

to the airport [;)]

mercs vito cab? or the SMRT stavis?

to the airport [;)]

toyota wish.

the red taxis.

but a small warning, they are quite reckless

toyota wish.

the red taxis.

Correct me if I am wrong. Aren't the Toyota wish used by transcab can only ferry 5 adults including driver? The back sit is taken out for cng.

toyota wish.

the red taxis.

Trans are call Chow Kar..Mostly are from comfort, because they owe daily rental. They kena kicked out of comfort, so LL have to go other coy

toyota wish.

the red taxis.

cab too small. me big luggage is a 29"., no chance to fit that in.

anyway, if cant book one at the last min......

simply drive me family to airport and drop them off there. I drive back home and take a cab to go there again. Its only a 10mins drive to airport from where i stay [:)]

↡ Advertisement