Maybach axed, last models slated for 2013

Blackseal

After months of speculation, Daimler has reportedly decided to phase out Maybach.

Citing high-ranking sources, Autocar is reporting Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche will axe the brand in order to focus more attention on Mercedes. As one insider commented, "We've come to the conclusion that it is better to cut our losses with Maybach than to continue into an uncertain future with a brand that has failed to live up to original sales expectations."

If everything pans out, the last Maybachs will be built in early 2013. To fill the gap, Mercedes will reportedly offer a new S600 Pullman.

Source: AutoCar

↡ Advertisement

About time. Maybach must be the sloppiest spin-out brand we have seen for years. If he has done as much as what VW and BMW have done to Bently and RR...it would probably have had better success.

yah i saw that news at bloomberg tv last night...

it was quite sad, maybach is one of my dream car and i think they are better than RR or Bentley

I love the Laundlet most, its absolutely one of the best car in the world.........

so may i know is the S600 Pullman = Maybach?

yah i saw that news at bloomberg tv last night...

it was quite sad, maybach is one of my dream car and i think they are better than RR or Bentley

I love the Laundlet most, its absolutely one of the best car in the world.........

so may i know is the S600 Pullman = Maybach?

All the way they already got the "S" class pullman,from the 70's....Maybach is a old name in the 30-40's,Mercedes is trying to save this brand but failed again after spending Billions on it.

Their mistake is to make it exactly like a S-class.

Come on.....rich people are not fools.....they can specs the best S600 with all the options, and yet it's cheaper than a Maybach.

If the shape is different, it might have survived.

Their mistake is to make it exactly like a S-class.

Come on.....rich people are not fools.....they can specs the best S600 with all the options, and yet it's cheaper than a Maybach.

If the shape is different, it might have survived.

Totally agree.