What wrong with MOE???

Ask98

we are looking for a perfect education system, that is the problem. every change in minister, he will implement changes to outdo his predecessor.

if we could just accept and work around it by ensuring all schools are equal and same, then education care progress for the sake of the nation.

tony tan's time was marvelous!

heng's time was transparent, at least.....

but this time now - :scared:

(edited)

Yes I am middle management.

The top end of the middle bit.  [thumbsup]

:D

You are like a burger; top Bread and Bottom bread 

In between is you ; the juicy and tasty and succulent part 

So you really have honed / zero'ed in the right area 

tony tan's time was marvelous!

heng's time was transparent, at least.....

but this time now - :scared:

I remember him when he was Edu Minister; my son said he looked very scary just looking at his thick frame glasses gave that "communist" and hair like Mao can scare you! ;  I think before that was Tan Eng Liang also OK

BUT

We have to accept the demands of the parents today and also look at the bigger context of the World too. Even if you look at China/Korea/India all of the kids go for so many private classes here and there and its cut throat competition all the way for that 0.1% even to get into prestigious Uni/Schools; Its the trend now everywhere in Asia (dont know about Indonesia though)    

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

eunuch?  [lipsrsealed]  [:p]

Yes that's true.

Not by choice.

Everyday bit by bit

I can feel it being

chopped off.

:D

• Praise 2

You are like a burger; top Bread and Bottom bread

In between is you ; the juicy and tasty and succulent part

So you really have honed / zero'ed in the right area

I remember him when he was Edu Minister; my son said he looked very scary just looking at his thick frame glasses gave that "communist" and hair like Mao can scare you! ; I think before that was Tan Eng Liang also OK

BUT

We have to accept the demands of the parents today and also look at the bigger context of the World too. Even if you look at China/Korea/India all of the kids go for so many private classes here and there and its cut throat competition all the way for that 0.1% even to get into prestigious Uni/Schools; Its the trend now everywhere in Asia (dont know about Indonesia though)

Not for Malaysia and Indonesia.

Down there, as long as you r Malay or bumi, even if u have no brains and fail all the way from primary to high school, you will still go to university, with cheap tuition fee.

BOLEH!!

MOE to train student groups in all schools to spot distress in their peers

Dhany Osman Yahoo News Singapore 7 March 2017

The Ministry of Education (MOE) will train a core group of students in each school to help them identify signs of distress in their peers and offer basic social and emotional support starting from this year, said Minister of State for Education Janil Putucheary in Parliament on Tuesday (7 March).

These peer supporters can raise awareness of mental health issues among their fellow students and help engender a âculture of support and resilienceâ, wherein students are willing to seek help, he added.

Such training and experience will also offer a âunique development opportunityâ for the students involved to hone their empathetic listening, interpersonal and communication skills.

Putucheary was responding to a question from Tampines GRC MP Cheng Li Hui on MOEâs involvement in NurtureSG and its ongoing efforts âto build healthy bodies and healthy mindsâ during the Committee of Supply (COS) debate on the ministryâs 2017 Budget.

Announced during the MOEâs 2016 COS debate, NurtureSG is a plan for enhancing health outcomes among Singaporeâs youth and is jointly led by Putucheary as well as Minister of State for Health Lam Pin Min.

Touching on how older students in particular play a vital role in fostering a caring and supportive school environment, Putucheary pointed to how some schools have already taken the lead in developing and strengthening their own peer support networks.

âWe hope to build on this good work and establish the practice across our school system,â he said.

Acknowledging that there is no single solution to the underlying problem behind mental health issues, Putucheary said that one of the NurtureSG taskforceâs recommendations would be to set up an interagency work group on youth suicide.

The group will be led by Professor Daniel Fung of the Institute of Mental Health, he said, adding that he is confident that its findings will be âinstructiveâ.

what the hell is going on inside MOE these days since this ng cs becomes the edu minister !!!

[hur] :a-bang:[crazy][grin][confused]

I came across this speech & tot it was quite well presented.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/specialreports/parliament/videos/budget-2017-kuik-shiao-yin-speaks-in-parliament-on-mar-1/3559542.html#.WL9g-tc75i0.facebook

With the announcement of neW CEVs, more stringent inspections & this MOE thing (i know there is more things but I just cant recall), this speech turned on deaf ears I reckon.

It really puzzles me what is in the mind of that 70% in yr 2015. I keep shaking my head on every pc of news & the statements our leaders hv been making lately. Sigh..

• Praise 1

i did not mention Malaysia as its understooded by everyone here as to how discrimatory the education system is (well not education.... every thing from Jobs to Housing to dishing out Licenses;     About the only country in the world where the majority are protected and the minority have to eek out a living against all odds..... but life goes on no matter what...... the cream migrate out usually or go overseas and then again get settled there if they are academically good and find a comfort zone in their new country    

Down there, as long as you r Malay or bumi, even if u have no brains and fail all the way from primary to high school, you will still go to university, with cheap tuition fee.

BOLEH!!

Turbocharged

i did not mention Malaysia as its understooded by everyone here as to how discrimatory the education system is (well not education.... every thing from Jobs to Housing to dishing out Licenses; About the only country in the world where the majority are protected and the minority have to eek out a living against all odds..... but life goes on no matter what...... the cream migrate out usually or go overseas and then again get settled there if they are academically good and find a comfort zone in their new country

BOLEH!!

I have not seen anyone in malaysia who failed all the way from pri to high school yet made it to uni in malaysia. Please point out one person. Just one. Thanks.

BOLEH!!

There are a lot of unemployable uni grads in Malaysia.

I have not seen anyone in malaysia who failed all the way from pri to high school yet made it to uni in malaysia. Please point out one person. Just one. Thanks.

that statement not Bancoe say one lah [laugh]  [laugh]   he was quoting.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I came across this speech & tot it was quite well presented.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/specialreports/parliament/videos/budget-2017-kuik-shiao-yin-speaks-in-parliament-on-mar-1/3559542.html#.WL9g-tc75i0.facebook

With the announcement of neW CEVs, more stringent inspections & this MOE thing (i know there is more things but I just cant recall), this speech turned on deaf ears I reckon.

It really puzzles me what is in the mind of that 70% in yr 2015. I keep shaking my head on every pc of news & the statements our leaders hv been making lately. Sigh..

the speaker Shiao-Yin will always been seen as that naive silly emo  目无尊长  little girl in the eyes of the parliament

the "divide" is eminent and its latently building up!

true indeed, this "divide" resulted in astonished unexpectations:

- USA, where cleverests there would vote "you are fired" to be their president

- UK, the most academics are willing on reverse gear just to put back what Democracy is; the BREXIT

just few weeks ago in sifi security seminar, some civilian bigshots (the home team, mindef, edb etc.) approached us with lavishly lined "serve yr country, protect yr nation bla bla bla etc....  but later, we throw ourselves questions like:

- do you think our home team police e.g. protect the general public???  Hell NO! - they just protect the rich from being rob by the poor

- do you think edb and trade are helping ?  they just find lobangs for themselves; see how MINDEF wacked that doctor in his patent rights!

again, the 2011's lesson was long forgotten by pinky & all his eunuches - they just wore by their lips

the "worth" of the gahmen system built by LKY is valuated at the returns back into the ppl & society

but the "valuation""of existing gahmen system now is measured by the returns from the society

such value is tremendously ballooned by ripping in higher, bigger, and multiple expenses from leaders & new ones, to justify their presences since its just so easy for them take us as suckers, times & times again!

sigh, 上梁不正,下梁歪  crooked top to bottom, from MOE to school units, from the so many Ps to the "new breed" of "inspired" teachers who just wanna survive in such 歪 systems.......   :nosebleed:

I remember him when he was Edu Minister; my son said he looked very scary just looking at his thick frame glasses gave that "communist" and hair like Mao can scare you! ;  I think before that was Tan Eng Liang also OK

back to topic!

MOE is also very good example now!

- those who teaches should agree: 80% of teaching powerpoint slides are meant for performance measures by their heads, with 20% only for teaching actual topic details & contents!

- every schools c/w 2-3 VP, 1 admin VP, 1-2 Ops Mgr, 5-6 clerks or PA, besides numerous Dept Heads, Subjects Heads, Level Heads and that excludes Security Heads, Facilities Heads and the list goes on & on

- nowadays, measures are taken on how classes are conducted, NOT how class pupils received, learnt or improved . . . .

results . . . . home tutions to cope with the topics that were only "introduced" in class

a teacher wil be penalised by his/her peers and supervisors if they found out he/she teaches more than what was agreed!

ng CS has just reinforced such bureacucarcy from MOE across all . . . Very Sad!

Edited by A_korusawa
  • Praise 1

i did not mention Malaysia as its understooded by everyone here as to how discrimatory the education system is (well not education.... every thing from Jobs to Housing to dishing out Licenses; About the only country in the world where the majority are protected and the minority have to eek out a living against all odds..... but life goes on no matter what...... the cream migrate out usually or go overseas and then again get settled there if they are academically good and find a comfort zone in their new country

BOLEH!!

I'm the one who say abt fail all the way.

It's an illustration of how discriminatory the system Malaysia has.

There are some truth to what I said. Go ask your Malaysian friends.

A Malay, with lower grades, can get into university, while the non Malay with all As in grades, are denied the entry, for the same degree programme.

And I also think Malays pay cheaper tuition fees and given more scholarship than non Malays.

I'm not trying to sow discord. There are some truth in what I say.

Supersonic

A Malay, with lower grades, can get into university, while the non Malay with all As in grades, are denied the entry, for the same degree programme.

And I also think Malays pay cheaper tuition fees and given more scholarship than non Malays.

Lower grades is the truth but failing all the way isn't.

Years back, we also had a quota on female doctors. Top Ivy league universities also have a quota on different races, gender (??) as nationalities under the guise of diversity.

Even our HDB also got racial quota. I was looking at propertyguru for an EA/Jumbo the other day and was quite happy to find a jumbo selling for at least 50k below market price. Upon further examination, it was owned by a Malay and they can only sell to Malays. Is it fair that this Malay chap has to accept 50k below market value?

Graduating from local uni = Unemployed.

That's the reality of a lot of local uni grad.

I did not say that 

Somehow whilst typing or rather replying the paragraph from @Jusnel got merged into my reply; Must be my shaky phone maybe 

Check with him please; I did not make that comment 

Turbocharged

the speaker Shiao-Yin will always been seen as that naive silly emo ç®æ å°é¿ little girl in the eyes of the parliament

the "divide" is eminent and its latently building up!

true indeed, this "divide" resulted in astonished unexpectations:

- USA, where cleverests there would vote "you are fired" to be their president

- UK, the most academics are willing on reverse gear just to put back what Democracy is; the BREXIT

just few weeks ago in sifi security seminar, some civilian bigshots (the home team, mindef, edb etc.) approached us with lavishly lined "serve yr country, protect yr nation bla bla bla etc.... but later, we throw ourselves questions like:

- do you think our home team police e.g. protect the general public??? Hell NO! - they just protect the rich from being rob by the poor

- do you think edb and trade are helping ? they just find lobangs for themselves; see how MINDEF wacked that doctor in his patent rights!

again, the 2011's lesson was long forgotten by pinky & all his eunuches - they just wore by their lips

the "worth" of the gahmen system built by LKY is valuated at the returns back into the ppl & society

but the "valuation""of existing gahmen system now is measured by the returns from the society

such value is tremendously ballooned by ripping in higher, bigger, and multiple expenses from leaders & new ones, to justify their presences since its just so easy for them take us as suckers, times & times again!

sigh, ä¸æ¢ä¸æ­£ï¼ä¸æ¢æ­ª crooked top to bottom, from MOE to school units, from the so many Ps to the "new breed" of "inspired" teachers who just wanna survive in such æ­ª systems....... :nosebleed:

back to topic!

MOE is also very good example now!

- those who teaches should agree: 80% of teaching powerpoint slides are meant for performance measures by their heads, with 20% only for teaching actual topic details & contents!

- every schools c/w 2-3 VP, 1 admin VP, 1-2 Ops Mgr, 5-6 clerks or PA, besides numerous Dept Heads, Subjects Heads, Level Heads and that excludes Security Heads, Facilities Heads and the list goes on & on

- nowadays, measures are taken on how classes are conducted, NOT how class pupils received, learnt or improved . . . .

results . . . . home tutions to cope with the topics that were only "introduced" in class

a teacher wil be penalised by his/her peers and supervisors if they found out he/she teaches more than what was agreed!

ng CS has just reinforced such bureacucarcy from MOE across all . . . Very Sad!

I think you should migrate.
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Overall , I think Ng CM's policy is in the right direction to 'de-elitize' hot schools, especially with the tweaking of the DSA criteria. Although it doesn't favor my daughter who is not really a sport, or CCA inclined student, but it is show they are listening. The parents before didn't want academic achievement to weigh heavily on DSA selection criteria as it defeat the purpose of DSA being holistic.

We should give the policy 2 or 3 years before judging the minister.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2