How often do I need to change tyres and battery?

Majordan

Message added by kobayashiGT

674381796_WhatsAppImage2020-10-21at8_56_52AM.thumb.jpeg.a7cff1349ce64806094384dc3ab1e1d3.jpeg

These are all the problem you could be facing when you didn't properly maintain your tyres!

Not sure I agree with this.

'New tyres have deeper tread patterns; these must be fit the rear axle.  Deeper tread patterns on rear wheels would ensure better grip on wet surface.'

For FWD cars I always fit two new tyres to front wheels.

IMHO.

The answer depends really which do you prefer to lose traction first - front or rear.

↡ Advertisement

​I prefer don't lose traction.  [:)]

Wiki

(a)  As tires are used, the tread is worn off, limiting its effectiveness in providing traction

(b) Fishtailing  vehicle handling problem which occurs when the rear wheels lose traction, resulting in oversteer.

(a) + (b)  =  increases the likelihood of traction loss. 

That raises an interesting question.

The car is going around a right bend and all of a sudden,  the rear wheels loses traction and the car started to fishtail.  There is only 1 to 2 secs to react - what do you do? 

P.S.  

I used to think that since the rear tyres wear is not much and even,  I could get by changing the front since they their wear is faster and uneven.  I could then get by changing 2 tyres every time and skipping tyre rotation - that would be very economical.   Then I discovered that tyres with a lot of thread doesn't mean anything - rubber compound harden over time.  [;)]

Edited by Kklee

my ride is coming to 2 yrs so wondering if I should change battery or tyres? my prev ride kenna battery die 2 times but that was after 2 yrs close to 3 yrs

Change batt every 2.5 years cos scrap car or renew after 10 years.

Some people change after 3 years and when scrap car at 10 years the batt is only 1 year old. Waste of a good batt.

:D

• Praise 1

Change batt every 2.5 years cos scrap car or renew after 10 years.

Some people change after 3 years and when scrap car at 10 years the batt is only 1 year old. Waste of a good batt.

:D

battery service Life is not standard answer

the life span of Battery is determined by Quality Usage , frequency , and how you drive .

average battery Life 18 months .

just MHO

• Praise 1

Where are your "go to" shops for changing tyres at a good price?

Many years ago, it used to be Soh Tyres and Poh Heng in AMK.

Are they still as good as before?

Battery change when it's dead, most will die before 2 years unless stored in boot. Tyres every 2.5 or 2 years, change 4 at once.

you are really push your battery live to max  [thumbsup] ,  

for me I worry stuck in the middle of the day or night , so replace it around 1.5 year (if test result is not very good) , to me Time is Money and do not want my Families or Frens  with me while waiting for recovery .

for tires I only invest (not Buy ) in  Good Quality (not most expensive ) , I believe you will only know its Quality when you need it in the emergency and critical situation.

why Spent money just to Enjoy Lexury or SHow but sting on Safety getgets. 

Just MHO

Edited by Roberttan

Guys, I buying Accent and it’s comes with stock tyres and 14 rim... do u think I should change to better tyres or just use the stock tyres for 2-3 years before changing?

New driver here.. I Heard from my Friend tyres very impt but brand new stock tyres should be safe to use right?

Guys, I buying Accent and itâs comes with stock tyres and 14 rim... do u think I should change to better tyres or just use the stock tyres for 2-3 years before changing?

New driver here.. I Heard from my Friend tyres very impt but brand new stock tyres should be safe to use right?

If you are buying a Basic car basically is for basic use only

Meaning from pt A to Pt B

If I were you I will either replace with better Quality tire or Upsize the Wheel to 15inc6 with better Quality tire.

It does make diff in Handling.

Supersonic

Guys, I buying Accent and it’s comes with stock tyres and 14 rim... do u think I should change to better tyres or just use the stock tyres for 2-3 years before changing?

Save your money, use them until they need to be replaced, and then decide.

You see, many newbies first thing only like to "upgrade" their tyres, rims, while brand new.

The workshop happily takes them at low low price and resell them to others who just need basic tyres to move around.

Main thing to be safe is learn to slow down when the roads are wet, no matter how good your tyre is.

• Praise 1

Save your money, use them until they need to be replaced, and then decide.

You see, many newbies first thing only like to "upgrade" their tyres, rims, while brand new.

The workshop happily takes them at low low price and resell them to others who just need basic tyres to move around.

Main thing to be safe is learn to slow down when the roads are wet, no matter how good your tyre is.

Ya, the workshop say will throw away the tyres and not resell.. don’t know how true lol

Ya, the workshop say will throw away the tyres and not resell.. donât know how true lol

Next time bring back your old used tire and re sell it your self

4 minutes ago, akashrana88 said:

It is generally recommended that you change your tyres after 10 years of use.

Ok I will change my MIL tyres after 10 years.

Thanks for the advice. I found it very helpful.

This is a life and death matter and I take it very seriously.

:grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

Where to find tyres that can use for 10 years ?

So no need to change tyres at all, only after renew COE.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3