How often do I need to change tyres and battery?

Majordan

Message added by kobayashiGT

674381796_WhatsAppImage2020-10-21at8_56_52AM.thumb.jpeg.a7cff1349ce64806094384dc3ab1e1d3.jpeg

These are all the problem you could be facing when you didn't properly maintain your tyres!

On 12/19/2019 at 11:55 PM, Kb27 said:

Where to find tyres that can use for 10 years ?

So no need to change tyres at all, only after renew COE.

all Passengers or Commercial tires are not developed to use for 10 years 

If Yes ,commercially tire companies most will closed shop.

Most Premium brands Passenger Tires are Developed for Safety than Durability , unlike Commercial TIres Durability first.

Most Premium Brands Passengers tires are Made generally LAst around 40,000 to 50,000 KM.(except those High Performance racing tires.)

if One is so low Mileage the 40,000 km can last for him 10 years is possible, 

But we are advised not to use a tire more than 5 or 6 years (that doesn't meant after the 5 or 6 years tire will burst ) 

Edited by Roberttan
↡ Advertisement

Those u see at bumper boats plying pulau ubin lo 😂

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Never heard that anyone changed their tires after 10 years, It depends on your drive, I usually changed my tires after 80k and I think it's too much and there's a risk I take.

I change my batt every 2.5 years.

I heard batts only last 1 to 1.5 years depending on use.

I think I get 2.5 years because I use a battery desulfator.

It sends a charge to break the sulfate crystals on the lead plates for about 20 seconds and then stops for 2 minutes and then sends the charge for another 20 seconds.

I connect it only when I drive so that it doesn't drain the battery but when its switched on it uses less electricity than the car's own clock.

This keeps the battery in good condition and it lasts for 2.5 years.

:grin:

• Praise 2

talking about changing tyres n battery .

better pray no WS kenna,

imagine if they announce WS  must close, how many cars will be queing up to replace tyres n battery😁😁

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I change my batt every 2.5 years.

I heard batts only last 1 to 1.5 years depending on use.

I think I get 2.5 years because I use a battery desulfator.

It sends a charge to break the sulfate crystals on the lead plates for about 20 seconds and then stops for 2 minutes and then sends the charge for another 20 seconds.

I connect it only when I drive so that it doesn't drain the battery but when its switched on it uses less electricity than the car's own clock.

This keeps the battery in good condition and it lasts for 2.5 years.

can share more about the product and cost and how to do the connection ?

thanks thanks

• Praise 1

Supercharged

My made-in-Malaysia Dunlops maybe can. 4 years liao flower still very nice 😆 I rotate and balance them frequently. Waiting for CCB to be over so I can go in and get another set.

Edited by Kklim

54 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

can share more about the product and cost and how to do the connection ?

thanks thanks

The one I got was made by someone in his home in Singapore.

It cost $60 more than 10 years ago.

But now there are so many and its only $20.

Just need to connect one side to positive and one side to negative.

The trick is to keep cleaning your batt from when its new and not try to clean it when its 2 years old and dead.

To revive a 2 year old dead batter need a bigger revive machine that cost $1 - $2k.

image.png.03d79932e270b4d645222e509865549c.png

image.png.07bb44e91886e75627c603ed587a9741.png

Features:

Batteries often fail because "sulfates" slowly develop and cover the battery plates. This sulfating process also weakens the electrolyte and this combined with the gradual coating of the plates slowly and almost imperceptibly reduces the battery's ability to receive, store and then deliver power. This sulfating process gradually impairs battery function and causes a capacity loss until the battery can no longer perform the desired task and so the battery is deemed to have "failed".

However using an Auto Pulse Battery Desulfator can reverse the process by dissolving the sulfates, cleaning the plates and restoring the electrolyte strength so improving a battery's life and capacity for an extended period. The Auto Pulse Battery Desulfator/ Rejuvenator/ Recovery unit uses no external power and generates a high-frequency pulse to dissolve a batteries "sulfates".

FUNCTION

The High-frequency Peak Pulse delivers an electronically controlled pulse to the battery causing crystalline sulfates to dissolve back into the electrolyte and so restoring battery function and electrolyte strength regaining the batteries ability to receive charging current and deliver discharge current.

ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY

Many desulfator products use an old technology inductor design to generate the pulse to desulfate a battery. This old technology creates a harsh induct or peak that can be damaging to the battery plates.

Utilising our new capacity pulsing method a “soft” peak is generated so dissolving sulfates without damaging the battery plates.

Old technology also requires a large inductor so necessitating a physically large desulfator device whereas using our advanced technology design the Auto Pulse Desulfator device is very compact yet provides BIG performance.

NEW CYCLIC PULSING FUNCTION

In a similar manner to a Pulse battery charger (charge – rest –charge – rest etc) a cyclic desulfating pulse function (pulse – rest – pulse – rest etc) optimizes a batteries recovery process. This method of desulfation has been implemented in the new Auto Pulse Desulfator

AUTO PULSE DESULFATOR BENEFITS

Increases Battery Power
Extends Battery Life
Battery Charge Faster
Longer Discharge
Prevents Sulfate Build-up
Reduces Evaporation

COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES

Fully Automatic voltage selection. 12V 24V 36V and 48V
New Cyclic pulse generation method for improved capacity recovery

"Soft" Peak Pulsing

Auto cutoff function to prevent over discharge of battery
User Configurable override for manual voltage selection:

MANUAL VOLTAGE SELECTION

If the battery voltage is very low the automatic voltage selection may fail to set the correct voltage. In this instance it is possible to manually set the desired operating voltage. By pressing the voltage select button. The LED screen will first display the working voltage and if you want to then alter the working voltage setting just press the key again and the unit will change to next value. After setting the desired voltage the display will switch off to conserve battery power.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

I also think some batteries last longer than others.

I only use Made In Japan batteries.

image.png.0ddd9fd11e80eac5c54379f8e8e92693.png

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=2953

GS Yuasa actively adopts high quality materials in the production of the ECO-R battery. Made with high grade resin moulded together with advanced technology for use in the new battery, the point on environmental friendliness is thus emphasised.

By using high grade resin in the battery case, up to 12 percent of CO2 emissions can be reduced during production, compared to employing other materials, therefore helping consumers to save the environment.

image.png.a8e0c26e15732447d4e98984af808f3a.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

3 minutes ago, kingkyzo said:

I never change my ride tires for 1 year. When is the best time to change it?

Any recommendation on tires brand?

If it's a new car, 1 year shld be fine based on normal usage (less than 20k km a year)

recommendation depends on what you prioritise, performance or comfort or a semi good balance of both, what car is this for?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 4/27/2020 at 12:09 PM, Jamesc said:

I also think some batteries last longer than others.

I only use Made In Japan batteries.

image.png.0ddd9fd11e80eac5c54379f8e8e92693.png

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=2953

GS Yuasa actively adopts high quality materials in the production of the ECO-R battery. Made with high grade resin moulded together with advanced technology for use in the new battery, the point on environmental friendliness is thus emphasised.

By using high grade resin in the battery case, up to 12 percent of CO2 emissions can be reduced during production, compared to employing other materials, therefore helping consumers to save the environment.

image.png.a8e0c26e15732447d4e98984af808f3a.png

I second this.

I just changed to my third Yuasa EcoR last week. First yuasa battery I used on previous car, and battery ok for more than 3 years until I sold the car (car was 7.5 years when I sold)

On current car, next Yuasa ecoR battery was used when the stock battery died after 14 month. Yuasa worked without any issues for 2 years but I change it out to a Korea Koba battery bec there is a battery promotion combo with Nanopulser (although test shows Yuasa is still around 60% and I could just add water)

the koba obviously dying last week after 1.5 years so I went to get another Yuasa Eco R. And it’s surprisingly not that much more expensive than made in India amaron for a made in Japan Yuasa

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 4/27/2020 at 11:07 PM, kingkyzo said:

I never change my ride tires for 1 year. When is the best time to change it?

Any recommendation on tires brand?

Change every 3.3 or 2.5 years based on usage.

When you scrap your car you know why.

21 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Change every 3.3 or 2.5 years based on usage.

When you scrap your car you know why.

I got new tyres and battery before deregistering and the dealer so damn happy:ouch-it-hurts:

• Haha! 1

On 5/2/2020 at 3:25 PM, Chucky2007 said:

I second this.

I just changed to my third Yuasa EcoR last week. First yuasa battery I used on previous car, and battery ok for more than 3 years until I sold the car (car was 7.5 years when I sold)

On current car, next Yuasa ecoR battery was used when the stock battery died after 14 month. Yuasa worked without any issues for 2 years but I change it out to a Korea Koba battery bec there is a battery promotion combo with Nanopulser (although test shows Yuasa is still around 60% and I could just add water)

the koba obviously dying last week after 1.5 years so I went to get another Yuasa Eco R. And it’s surprisingly not that much more expensive than made in India amaron for a made in Japan Yuasa

Yuasa battery need top up water? How often need to top-up? Thanks.

On 5/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, Johnnylim said:

Yuasa battery need top up water? How often need to top-up? Thanks.

SORRY TO hijack

my understanding Yuasa battery is mostly maintenance Free MF ,you may still see the Opening cover which allow to open and add distilled water (not battery water or Acid)

in actual fact they are not required to add anything under normal operating conditions.

just my Sharing

got Battery Origin can easily find the Print on every battery.

↡ Advertisement