How often do I need to change tyres and battery?

Majordan

Message added by kobayashiGT

674381796_WhatsAppImage2020-10-21at8_56_52AM.thumb.jpeg.a7cff1349ce64806094384dc3ab1e1d3.jpeg

These are all the problem you could be facing when you didn't properly maintain your tyres!

On 5/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, Johnnylim said:

Yuasa battery need top up water? How often need to top-up? Thanks.

Technically it’s maintenance free, but it gives option to top up water. If can, Every half a year check water level and if the water is below the plate,  top up water and this will prolong the life. 

↡ Advertisement

On 5/5/2020 at 10:14 AM, Roberttan said:

SORRY TO hijack

my understanding Yuasa battery is mostly maintenance Free MF ,you may still see the Opening cover which allow to open and add distilled water (not battery water or Acid)

in actual fact they are not required to add anything under normal operating conditions.

just my Sharing

got Battery Origin can easily find the Print on every battery.

Can I check with you if those battery water sold at petrol station, $2 for 1L type, are actually distilled water? 

or get those drinkable distilled water to top up?

Based on my old information, for tyres, I go to Soh Brothers at AMK.  Is this still a good place now?

For batteries, which workshop do you go to for good deals?

Oh yes, where is your go-to workshop for engine oil change?

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Based on my old information, for tyres, I go to Soh Brothers at AMK.  Is this still a good place now?

Just bought from carousel this battery. So far so good. 
Cool find: TAB Car Starter Batteries (B24L) for S$56 https://carousell.app.link/VJ9hJHDRPbb

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

most recent tyre change TyreTrack & Accessories Trading, Northpoint Bizhub, first floor, near car park entrance.

most recent battery change :: Kim Hoe Tyre and Battery, Kaki Bukit Autohub, second floor, corner unit

• Praise 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:03 PM, Albeniz said:

$56 only?  Wow!

The first time I see such price.

I guess this is supplier price. 

But got to install ownself? 

Warrently  period?

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, SerenaLala said:

Hi,

Anybody have any idea that for a AWD Car, if I can just replace 2 tyres or should replace all 4 tyres at a time?

sure can, why cannot, as long as u replace left and right. together. and the other 2 is still in good condition and not too old.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, SerenaLala said:

Hi,

Anybody have any idea that for a AWD Car, if I can just replace 2 tyres or should replace all 4 tyres at a time?

Can replace the 2 worse tyres L and R sides, and put the new tyres at the back of the car. 

• Praise 2

4 is the best

2 is ok and remember to place your New tires the Rear if your the 2 old tire is relatively worn like left 50% and below for Better control especially wet condition.

this apply to all cars except staggered size

On 5/11/2020 at 10:46 AM, Chucky2007 said:

Can I check with you if those battery water sold at petrol station, $2 for 1L type, are actually distilled water? 

or get those drinkable distilled water to top up?

You need de-ionised water.

1 hour ago, Kangadrool said:

You need de-ionised water.

my science lesson taught me best is Distilled water to top up wet battery.

some said Rain water also can.

Mineral water because contained Mineral so not recommended.

not sure those from Gas station is Distilled water ?

now still got batteries need top up water meh? i tot only have maintenance-free batts now?

BTW, anyone knows how many different types of batts are commonly used by cars here?

• Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Atrecord said:

now still got batteries need top up water meh? i tot only have maintenance-free batts now?

BTW, anyone knows how many different types of batts are commonly used by cars here?

Traditional lead-antimony battery - needs to top up water regularly. They failed usually when the owners neglect (lazy) to top up. The top of the plates are exposed, oxidized and failed.

Lead-calcium battery - has reduced water consumption, and so are called maintenance-free battery. Usually used until died, no maintenance needed

EFB or enhanced flooded cell - Newer, with thicker lead-plates to support stop-start engine.

AGM or absorbed glass mat - starved electrolyte or electrolyte absorbed into the fibreglass mat, so you don't see "water". Sometimes called dry cell erroneously.

Dimension, size and AH capacity is another story. They generally conformed to 2 standards  either, Japanese JIS or European DIN.

• Praise 2

52 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Traditional lead-antimony battery - needs to top up water regularly. They failed usually when the owners neglect (lazy) to top up. The top of the plates are exposed, oxidized and failed.

Lead-calcium battery - has reduced water consumption, and so are called maintenance-free battery. Usually used until died, no maintenance needed

EFB or enhanced flooded cell - Newer, with thicker lead-plates to support stop-start engine.

AGM or absorbed glass mat - starved electrolyte or electrolyte absorbed into the fibreglass mat, so you don't see "water". Sometimes called dry cell erroneously.

Dimension, size and AH capacity is another story. They generally conformed to 2 standards  either, Japanese JIS or European DIN.

wow thanks!

very informative.

Supercharged
On 12/11/2020 at 8:26 PM, Kb27 said:

now also have lithium battery, but much more expensive and potential fire hazard 😅

↡ Advertisement