Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Hi,

Anyone drivind GS250?

any feed back

all owner of new GS are too busy exploring their new toys so got no time to reply u :D

the day when i can afford GS than i wont be replying u too :D

hello all,

My current B&B car COE going to end in next 2 years, holpefully COE dropping, if Lexus basic models ES or IS can be within 200k, maight be consider,

can anyone advise ES or IS ?

90% driving mileage spend in Singapore, 10% to MY or Thai,

don't like rear floor high central divider, but like RWD,

Is V6 really worth?

hello all,

My current B&B car COE going to end in next 2 years, holpefully COE dropping, if Lexus basic models ES or IS can be within 200k, maight be consider,

can anyone advise ES or IS ?

90% driving mileage spend in Singapore, 10% to MY or Thai,

don't like rear floor high central divider, but like RWD,

Is V6 really worth?

IIRC, the ES250 is a 4 cylinder unit.

Where else the IS250 is a V6, similar to what you find in a GS250.

The V6 in the GS350 is creamy and powerful but lacks the vocal of the BMW's straight 6.

IIRC, the ES250 is a 4 cylinder unit.

Where else the IS250 is a V6, similar to what you find in a GS250.

The V6 in the GS350 is creamy and powerful but lacks the vocal of the BMW's straight 6.

The new turbo don't sound as good..

GS 350 must compare to 528i.

The new turbo don't sound as good..

GS 350 must compare to 528i.

Here is a comparison by Motor Trend. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1206_six_cylinder_midsize_luxury_sedans/viewall.html

Note the tested model is a GS350 F Sport model with rear wheel steer.

Locally, the GS350 ($320k) is priced between the 528 ($282.8k) and 535 ($362.8k), while offering more options as standard.

The 528 is now a 2L TC with 4 cylinder while the 535 is 3L TC IL6.

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/gs-350/2013/road-test.html

If the reviews are anything to go by, the current GS might be the model to knock the 5 series off the perch by Lexus.

Here is a comparison by Motor Trend. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1206_six_cylinder_midsize_luxury_sedans/viewall.html

Note the tested model is a GS350 F Sport model with rear wheel steer.

Locally, the GS350 ($320k) is priced between the 528 ($282.8k) and 535 ($362.8k), while offering more options as standard.

The 528 is now a 2L TC with 4 cylinder while the 535 is 3L TC IL6.

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/gs-350/2013/road-test.html

If the reviews are anything to go by, the current GS might be the model to knock the 5 series off the perch by Lexus.

Thanks, very few GS350 on our roads, more GS250, same for the 520i. This may interest those looking at the GS in the Singapore context.

http://paultan.org/2013/04/26/a6-vs-520i-vs-m25-vs-gs250/

Am driving an 08 is250..so far so good. not those will leave other cars in smoke when traffic light turns green but the drive very smooth & comfy but very cramp. Had a gs250 as replacement car from BM for a week some time ago, feel very sluggish though maybe cos the car heavier but the interior is ommphhhhh...damm nice...think if buy gs should go for 350.

• Praise 1

Am driving an 08 is250..so far so good. not those will leave other cars in smoke when traffic light turns green but the drive very smooth & comfy but very cramp. Had a gs250 as replacement car from BM for a week some time ago, feel very sluggish though maybe cos the car heavier but the interior is ommphhhhh...damm nice...think if buy gs should go for 350.

I personally like the 350 as well. It is definitely on my list for consideration.

Hi Guys,

Recently swap over to rx400h

Any good workshop to service lexus hybrid cars ?

Did you check on the servicing package provide by BM?

Seriously thinking about taking the plunge for the 2013 facelifted IS (250 V6 or the 300 hybrid) but don't seem to notice that many on the roads here. I see many ES, the older IS and plenty of the SUVs, but not many of the new IS.

Any owners here care to share their experience?

• Praise 1

Seriously thinking about taking the plunge for the 2013 facelifted IS (250 V6 or the 300 hybrid) but don't seem to notice that many on the roads here. I see many ES, the older IS and plenty of the SUVs, but not many of the new IS.

Any owners here care to share their experience?

I am not a Lexus owner, but my sister just got the ES250. Quite nice exterior & interior, HUGE rear seat space but I find that the boot space is pretty small.

Anyway, coming back to new IS - 2013 was brand new model not facelift. However 2.5V6 engine is old. Rumour is that it will get the new 2.0 turbo engine by 2015/2016, you may want to wait for that instead.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1