Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Did my servicing this morning with the Toyota 20 weight oil.

the car feels lighter on the throttle and the revs seem to pull faster.

let's see if my FC improves. Hit my milestone of 30000km today.

post-1798-0-77781600-1523593733_thumb.jpeg
↡ Advertisement

It's $428. Pretty hefty for a simple oil change. And I have to wait half a day.

I'm not concerned about warranty since it's a Lexus where reliability is #1. If the car is a lemon, problems will have surfaced from day 1.

My car is 16 months old, running great so far. I don't expect engine and gearbox problems. Any other stuff is basically wear and tear which can't be claimed.

It's just not value for money and time imo for me.

With the parts I bought and labour charges, I won't cross $150 and 1.5 hours downtime and I can see what the mechanic is doing too.

Breakfast is $3 prata at the canteen downstairs the workshop. Parking is free.

Quick question...

Can 3IS owner verify if the ride come with Driver Memory Seat?

Only F Sport model.

Normal Executive model doesn't have memory seat

Hi forumers,

need some advice.

Scare to buy Lexus, cost abit high and afraid will regret. Owning C300 W204 and F30 335 now. I bored with BMW, so looking at new C-class and Lexus IS. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi forumers,

need some advice.

Scare to buy Lexus, cost abit high and afraid will regret. Owning C300 W204 and F30 335 now. I bored with BMW, so looking at new C-class and Lexus IS. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Which C? 180, 200 or 250?

I think the IS will be too slow for you and mod options are limited.

You may be better off with a C250 but the price is even higher than the IS and it's still slower than your 3er.

The F30 335 is such a good drive.. you should be aiming at maybe at least the A4 Quattro?

(edited)

Looking at C43.

After so many years with 6 cylinders, Accord V6, C300, 325, 335, afraid will be disappointed with 4 cylinders. Was looking at S3 n S4 too.

Edited by Free2d
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Hi forumers,

need some advice.

Thanks.

IS is 5 years old... should be getting model change in 1-2 years time.

If you can afford C43... go for it. I would prefer E43 because better versatility and easier to re-sell.

Looking at C43.

After so many years with 6 cylinders, Accord V6, C300, 325, 335, afraid will be disappointed with 4 cylinders. Was looking at S3 n S4 too.

I didn't mention C43 cos u considered the IS which is a 4 cylinder.. so I thought you'd consider a 4 cylinder C Class too.

Anyway that reaffirms my view that the IS is not suitable for u.

S4, S5, C43, all

Hi forumers,

need some advice.

Thanks.

C53

IS350

(edited)

Maybe i still can't get over its an expensive Toyota.

The present IS300 is 4 cylinders. I thot its likethe old IS250 which is inline 6.

I didn't see IS350 in sg Lexus website le?

Edited by Free2d
  • Praise 1

The present IS300 is 4 cylinders. I thot its likethe old IS250 which is inline 6.

IS350 is not available here. Only GS350.

Then you shouldn't consider Audi since it's an expensive VW or a very expensive Seat

Supercharged

If you have always been driving conti, like Merc/BMW... and you don't have issue with their unreliability, then there is nothing in Lexus that will attract you.

Lexus is still Jap DNA, focus on simple parts, engineering reliability. High quality fit and finish, good servicing experience.

They don't really have the best materials, or the most cutting edge features and performance. And their servicing costs are really expensive.

↡ Advertisement