Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

I am am biased but they should have killed off the ES and fuse the winning formula for ES to the GS. ES is cannibalising on GS sales. 

Somehow GS feels more in line with Lexus Dna.. Better to match up against E/5/A6.

If IS and GS killed off then they ES should be made RWD .

Personally I think they should retain the IS and upgrade the ES to replace the GS . 

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I am am biased but they should have killed off the ES and fuse the winning formula for ES to the GS. ES is cannibalising on GS sales. 

Somehow GS feels more in line with Lexus Dna.. Better to match up against E/5/A6.

ES sells very well globally, GS is a pale shadow of ES sales.

SG same situation - ES all over the roads, feel more than even camry.

Toyota ultimately is a business - hot product continue... weak product cut.

• Praise 1

ES not supposed to be part of Lexus.

It clashed with Avalon

ES not supposed to be part of Lexus.

It clashed with Avalon

I know that ES is solely for export and not for sale in Japan. If you go around Japan, you will never see the ES but there are plenty of  IS, GS and crown.

ES clashes with the toyota crown in the domestic Japanese market

• Praise 2

I know that ES is solely for export and not for sale in Japan. If you go around Japan, you will never see the ES but there are plenty of IS, GS and crown.

ES clashes with the toyota crown in the domestic Japanese market

How could ES clash with Crown?

Crown clashes with GS.

Supersonic

I somehow feel the GS has lost it since its last redesign to this.

Lexus-GS-350-overview-style-1204x555-LEX

From this

Lexus_GS_350_Black_Sapphire_Pearl.jpg

• Praise 1

Toyota shld be asking... Why ES sells better than GS? 

Is it the pricing? ES undercuts GS in pricing significantly.

Nobody appreciates a RWD sports sedan anymore?

Smaller center tunnel (ES being FWD) gives more space for bucks? 

It might be easy decision to simply cut the product with weaker sales but ultimately in terms of overall branding and product cohesiveness, Lexus lost it's plot... When it decides to cut IS/GS instead of trying to learn from success of ES and evolve both lines. 

In all honesty, if I am in the market for a large premium sedan, I'll still pay more for the GS than the ES. 

Instead of upping the game against competition like the 5/E/A6/XF, Lexus threw in the towel. 

Same goes for IS with the 3/C/A4/XE.

I somehow feel the GS has lost it since its last redesign to this.

Lexus-GS-350-overview-style-1204x555-LEX

From this

Lexus_GS_350_Black_Sapphire_Pearl.jpg

Supersonic

In all honesty, if I am in the market for a large premium sedan, I'll still pay more for the GS than the ES. 

Instead of upping the game against competition like the 5/E/A6/XF, Lexus threw in the towel. 

Same goes for IS with the 3/C/A4/XE.

I agree IS should not be killed off, but it should be improved.

ES and GS are conflicting models. 

The GS has a better platform but the ES is better designed. Lexus needs to combine these 2 and make a better mid luxury segment competitor.

(edited)

Agree that Toyota / Lexus is a business, ... and you cannot please everyone ... but the shareholders :)

Aside from those driving enthusiasts, cars are generally classified as mass market, executive and exotic.

In each segments are compact and full size cars.

Lexus is responding to market preferences in pushing more of ES than GS, which happens to be in the same segment of executive and full size sedan.

To the layman non-driving enthusiasts, the sharper handling and smaller turning radius of the GS is less important than the rear seat space offered by the ES.

Lexus might as well make hay when sun shine, and not go head on with the likes of BMW 5 or Merc E.

That said, BMW and Merc do not have the same FWD product like the Lexus ES. It is a perfect opportunity to boost ES sales to make more money. Hence the beefing up of ES in trim and features to capture more market shares ...

As a car enthusiast, I have opted for the GS, and if you drive a Lexus, you should have nothing less than the legendary Lexus V6 ...:)

Edited by MR2SBA
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

It is high time for Lexus to redesign their grill. Otherwise LS, IS and ES would follow GS in that order.

Hmmm...

Only sedans will fail with that grill?

It is high time for Lexus to redesign their grill. Otherwise LS, IS and ES would follow GS in that order.

I like the grill leh...  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Praise 1

Lexus cannot survive selling cars only to you  [:p]  [laugh]

I like the grill leh...  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

SUVs also I guess.

Hmmm...

Only sedans will fail with that grill?

For those following next iteration of the GS, go look at the Crown that was launch 2 days ago.

GS and Crown are close siblings, new Crown added new window panel at C pillar, like a miniature LS, expecting GS to follow suit.

Engine choice limited to 2.0 turbo, 2.5V6 hybrid and 3.5V6 hybrid. No more pure NA V6.

Last chance to have 3.5V6 is in current outgoing model.

Supercharged

For those following next iteration of the GS, go look at the Crown that was launch 2 days ago.

GS and Crown are close siblings, new Crown added new window panel at C pillar, like a miniature LS, expecting GS to follow suit.

Engine choice limited to 2.0 turbo, 2.5V6 hybrid and 3.5V6 hybrid. No more pure NA V6.

Last chance to have 3.5V6 is in current outgoing model.

Most observers are expecting NO MORE GS ever

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1