Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Neutral Newbie

Honestly I quite sian with the freebies from Lexus liao always the same stuff, caps, golf bags, umbrellas, polo-shirts etc etc although I must say all these things are of very high quality. Then when buy car they will give you the top of the line film which I always tell them no film on my cars because I only install Sumitomo Ray Barrier film. So I normally tell them to give discounts instead.

What is the freebies that you get in Thailand? 

Here they will give umbrella, wine, pouch, and golf bags

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Because the car is very new Lexus Thailand has limited stock and colour now only black and white. I selected their new colour Ice Ecru with topaz brown leather so have to indent with Japan. Contract says delivery end Oct early Nov.

Ice Ecru is like chrome with tint of gold a little like champagne looking like this

https://youtu.be/CcniYn9UbwU

finally i saw the car .. very attractive .. alot of gadets .. and the colour new you mentioned is very nice .. and it is a big car .. very tempted .. executive vs luxury different 20k.

• Praise 3

finally i saw the car .. very attractive .. alot of gadets .. and the colour new you mentioned is very nice .. and it is a big car .. very tempted .. executive vs luxury different 20k.

What engines does Borneo Motors offer in Singapore? And what are the differences between Executive and Luxury?

What engines does Borneo Motors offer in Singapore? And what are the differences between Executive and Luxury?

2.5 NA executive and lux. then the hybrid one. as for the difference..HUD the back seats got audio and aircon control and can tilt..

• Praise 1

Brought my GS for a car wash on Monday, I thought I share with you all a typical car wash in Thailand. First of all one can hardly find an automatic car wash in Thailand, there are but very very rare, most are manual.

So here is a typical Thai car wash for you. It typically has a waiting room for customers

xu4nU32.jpg

Aircon room for waiting with wifi and coffee and water

WfAkLXQ.jpg

Car being wash

vybwrg7.jpg

WF0AcSA.jpg

Dry manually with cloth and a guy with airgun blowing water from difficult areas

7cQkkJp.jpg

Interior also cleaned and vacuumed then a brown paper placed on the floor

jnmVvDT.jpg

Just after washed going to dry, video shows the car wash shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8gFjDpnhek

Price list - "Green" wash exterior; "Light blue" wash exterior+interior; "Dark Blue" exterior+interior+bottom; "Purple" clean engine only; "Pink" waxing car only. For my car its 180 baht or $7.60

lN5usMN.jpg

• Praise 3

how many cents?

Brought my GS for a car wash on Monday, I thought I share with you all a typical car wash in Thailand. First of all one can hardly find an automatic car wash in Thailand, there are but very very rare, most are manual.

So here is a typical Thai car wash for you. It typically has a waiting room for customers

xu4nU32.jpg

Aircon room for waiting with wifi and coffee and water

WfAkLXQ.jpg

Car being wash

vybwrg7.jpg

WF0AcSA.jpg

Dry manually with cloth and a guy with airgun blowing water from difficult areas

7cQkkJp.jpg

Interior also cleaned and vacuumed then a brown paper placed on the floor

jnmVvDT.jpg

Just after washed going to dry, video shows the car wash shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8gFjDpnhek

Price list - "Green" wash exterior; "Light blue" wash exterior+interior; "Dark Blue" exterior+interior+bottom; "Purple" clean engine only; "Pink" waxing car only. For my car its 180 baht or $7.60

lN5usMN.jpg

waiting area not massage?

how many cents?

list price is 208888 , and 228888. overtrade about 25k

waiting area not massage?

list price is 208888 , and 228888. overtrade about 25k

Alamak this one no Lexus car wash la lol

I find LS very nice...

My dream car and can only dream, not in my life time as a salesman really dare not even think about it lol Edited by steveluv

Alamak this one no Lexus car wash la lol

My dream car and can only dream, not in my life time as a salesman really dare not even think about it lol

nowadays, it is a huge jump from ES/GS to LS interm of pricing.. same for BMW/MERC and so on.

in the past the gap is smaller.. 

nowadays, it is a huge jump from ES/GS to LS interm of pricing.. same for BMW/MERC and so on.

in the past the gap is smaller.. 

Differences in Thailand for Lexus

wOuVco1.jpg

i like how the Lexus service centre is set up to allow customers to work from there if they want, with proper/enough tables, chairs, business centre with printers, massage chair to relax. i usually bring my laptop there and work there all day while waiting for my car, and the aunties will keep bringing me drinks and snacks throughout till i have to beg them no need to.

hope to see the new ES when i send my car down for servicing next month.

What's the 2 knobs on both sides of the driver's side of the dashboard ?

uQc7zwk.jpg

The 2 knobs on top - the right knob is to select sports, normal, eco ; the right knob is to turn VSC on/off 

Edited by steveluv

So do you drive the car yourself in bangkok or you hire a driver while you sleep/relax/work/eat in the back seat ?

Because the car is very new Lexus Thailand has limited stock and colour now only black and white. I selected their new colour Ice Ecru with topaz brown leather so have to indent with Japan. Contract says delivery end Oct early Nov.

Ice Ecru is like chrome with tint of gold a little like champagne looking like this

https://youtu.be/CcniYn9UbwU

i see. never seen any cars placing control knobs there

uQc7zwk.jpg

The 2 knobs on top - the right knob is to select sports, normal, eco ; the right knob is to turn VSC on/off 

• Praise 1

So do you drive the car yourself in bangkok or you hire a driver while you sleep/relax/work/eat in the back seat ?

i see. never seen any cars placing control knobs there

I drive myself, everywhere in Thailand. Contrary to what other people think Thailand is actually a fun place to be driving a car. Good roads, 120km/h speed limit, courteous drivers, very different from Singapore. Its very relaxing.

@kellogs I wonder if you missed the thread on the latest ES, I had posted a simple review here http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2709910-2018-2019-7th-generation-lexus-es/page-5?do=findComment&comment=6510978 if you are interested

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3