Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

You are like asking us should you eat chicken rice or fishball noodle for lunch..... We can't help you lah

I got a big stomach.

I would love to have both but my packet is not as deep though... :a-bang:  :a-bang:

↡ Advertisement

Ok but is the car worth buying? I have 1 kid and another on the way.   Between this and the new BMW X3, which I should go for assuming that I don't mind paying more for the X3?

If you want power,stiffer ride and German status-go for the X3. RX is a smooth rider that soaks bumps and humps like no other SUV and a very quiet ride too. Size wise,the RX is between X3 and X5( a bigger rear legroom than the X5). Having 2 kids does not determine which car to buy as both are practical enough. It's the ride quality and reliability that you should consider in the long run. 

Perhaps you should test drive both cars to see/feel which suit your family better.cheers!

Supercharged

If u are heavy user n intend to keep car beyond 3 yr, I would advise go for Lexus. The difference in maintenance and repair bills will be very significant after that. Not to mention headaches when certain lights pop up on the panel

• Praise 2

Driving a 08 is250

Fuel consumption rating(shown on meter) suddenly went from 10.3 to 10.6 l/100km to 12 l/100km over the last tank... Not much change in driving route or style... But used a bottle of caltex fuel system cleaner... Shld I be looking into other aspect??

Actual consumption is usually close to 9km/l... Its below 8km/l for last tank

I'm thinking of 1 of these renewed IS250 for next year after my car expire, how are the parts doing after its 10 years for your car?

have you check injectors or fuel pump for clogging??  or fuel lines leakage??

Ok but is the car worth buying? I have 1 kid and another on the way.   Between this and the new BMW X3, which I should go for assuming that I don't mind paying more for the X3?

Rear seat is very important if you have 2 kids... imagine with the baby seat, can the front passenger sit comfortably? How many pax you need to ferry for every weekend run? I can imagine the centre rear is gonna be very uncomfortable.

• Praise 1

@Theoldjaffa Bro just to check with u which brake pads is better for our car? I was thinking to get aftermarket either Dixcel or Project Mu pads or u think better get back original Lexus pads.

• Praise 2

@Theoldjaffa Bro just to check with u which brake pads is better for our car? I was thinking to get aftermarket either Dixcel or Project Mu pads or u think better get back original Lexus pads.

Are u using stock rotors? If yes then if I were you I'll use back original pads cos it is not so dusty, has good bite and doesn't squeal.

Are u using stock rotors? If yes then if I were you I'll use back original pads cos it is not so dusty, has good bite and doesn't squeal.

Yes stock rotor but feel like changing slotted rotor and SSBH.. haha backside itchy.. Btw I was told I can’t upsize the original rotor even our stock brake is 4 pots. Ya I agree the stock brake already have good bite.

Edited by JX83

Yes stock rotor but feel like changing slotted rotor and SSBH.. haha backside itchy.. Btw I was told I canât upsize the original rotor even our stock brake is 4 pots. Ya I agree the stock brake already have good bite.

The mod bug, very itchy. I can understand

Since the topic is on brake, thought I should share that we can upgrade the IS250 front to GS rotor and 4 port calliper. Better bite and less dust.

Go Hexing for the parts, 2 years ago less than $1400 all in, then have it fixed by proper mechanics, labour less than $150. All in better deal than other non-OEM stuff.

• Praise 4

Since the topic is on brake, thought I should share that we can upgrade the IS250 front to GS rotor and 4 port calliper. Better bite and less dust.

Go Hexing for the parts, 2 years ago less than $1400 all in, then have it fixed by proper mechanics, labour less than $150. All in better deal than other non-OEM stuff.

Ya for IS250 is good to upgrade the GS 4 pots. But for IS200t & IS300 the stock came as a 4 potter :)

Ya for IS250 is good to upgrade the GS 4 pots. But for IS200t & IS300 the stock came as a 4 potter :)

Thanks for the update.

I booked the IS300 on 5 Mar 2019 but have been unsuccessful in last 2 biddings. Anyone else booked a Lexus and still waiting for the COE after 2 biddings?

Edited by ktnpl
  • Praise 1

Went servicing. Borneo charged me $198 for aircon filter change. I am ok that if it is probably pricier than outside. Just wondering how much would it cost outside? 

Supercharged

I booked the IS300 on 5 Mar 2019 but have been unsuccessful in last 2 biddings. Anyone else booked a Lexus and still waiting for the COE after 2 biddings?

Should not need to worry. They have typically 30k margin to play with so will get it eventually.

In your case, maybe they have open-cat in spare plan B to give you when your car comes, so they are trying to net a low COE to max their margin if possible.

Went servicing. Borneo charged me $198 for aircon filter change. I am ok that if it is probably pricier than outside. Just wondering how much would it cost outside? 

Bro... I was quoted same price. Rejected it.

Aircon filter is user-changable part, accessable from the passenger glove box. Instructions are in your manual. It is a 10-15min job.

The original Lexus filter I bought at 70+$ from Stockist (TransGlobal).

• Praise 6

Should not need to worry. They have typically 30k margin to play with so will get it eventually.

In your case, maybe they have open-cat in spare plan B to give you when your car comes, so they are trying to net a low COE to max their margin if possible.

Bro... I was quoted same price. Rejected it.

Aircon filter is user-changable part, accessable from the passenger glove box. Instructions are in your manual. It is a 10-15min job.

The original Lexus filter I bought at 70+$ from Stockist (TransGlobal).

I bought a 3rd party OEM compatible filter for only $20.

Can change every year for the next 10 years compared to a single $198 filter by BM

↡ Advertisement