Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Should not need to worry. They have typically 30k margin to play with so will get it eventually.

In your case, maybe they have open-cat in spare plan B to give you when your car comes, so they are trying to net a low COE to max their margin if possible.

Bro... I was quoted same price. Rejected it.

Aircon filter is user-changable part, accessable from the passenger glove box. Instructions are in your manual. It is a 10-15min job.

The original Lexus filter I bought at 70+$ from Stockist (TransGlobal).

Ok I think i will change it myself next time. [laugh]  Btw where is this TransGlobal?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Ok I think i will change it myself next time. [laugh]  Btw where is this TransGlobal?

doesnt have to be trans global, any decent stockist will have. but just use any OEM one. its just a dust filter those $20 bucks which oldjaffa mentioned will do just fine.

so many to choose.

Hexing at dunlop street, Connald at veersammy road, Energy at Sam leong.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

doesnt have to be trans global, any decent stockist will have. but just use any OEM one. its just a dust filter those $20 bucks which oldjaffa mentioned will do just fine.

so many to choose.

Hexing at dunlop street, Connald at veersammy road, Energy at Sam leong.

Original filter got activated charcoal to remove bad smells, but yes it is just a simple passive paper/fibre based filter.

Anyway since I already save $130 bucks from Borneo version, just treat the car to original filter @$70+. [laugh]

Honestly this aircon filter is one of the items crazily priced at Borneo. Many of their other stuff actually are resonably priced for AD. For example they charge 280+ for a Bosch AMS battery which I think is also listed at 200+ at Autobacs.

Imagine the price of a small paper filter nearly equal to that of a complex heavy car battery.....

Edited by t0y0ta

Same goes for the other consumables, like brake pads, rotors, bushings, ....  BM (like any other agents) will rip you off.  These are items that can easily be replaced by any workshop.

In any case, agents can rip off because many are still going back to them for that "peace of mind".

Original filter got activated charcoal to remove bad smells, but yes it is just a simple passive paper/fibre based filter.

Anyway since I already save $130 bucks from Borneo version, just treat the car to original filter @$70+. [laugh]

Honestly this aircon filter is one of the items crazily priced at Borneo. Many of their other stuff actually are resonably priced for AD. For example they charge 280+ for a Bosch AMS battery which I think is also listed at 200+ at Autobacs.

Imagine the price of a small paper filter nearly equal to that of a complex heavy car battery.....

• Praise 2

Brought my car to the tire shop this morning to replace tire air with nitrogen.

12F5PLS.jpg

dzHdwOs.jpg

Use this machine to first extract all the air inside until no more air and then pump in N2

PE2Awim.jpg

This is the process for a wheel all it took was like only 2 minutes

All done costs me 200 baht or $8.60. 

zdNzlxc.jpg

QGodblw.jpg

• Praise 4

Same goes for the other consumables, like brake pads, rotors, bushings, ....  BM (like any other agents) will rip you off.  These are items that can easily be replaced by any workshop.

In any case, agents can rip off because many are still going back to them for that "peace of mind".

Actually not really for "peace of mind". More like just convenience and 1-stop-shop since there for servicing anyway. So i paid $198 for the aircon filter. Next time I will probably do it myself, also curious and wants to hands on a bit. 

The difference between nitrogen and air in car tires is mostly psychological for an average driver.

The difference is consistent tyre pressures. Pure Nitrogen will maintain the same tyre pressure while normal air will heat up and cool down (due to the presence of water vapour) and disrupt tyre pressures.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 3

The difference is consistent tyre pressures. Pure Nitrogen will maintain the same tyre pressure while normal air will heat up and cool down (due to the presence of water vapour) and disrupt tyre pressures.

I have a tpms and I find the pressure characteristics similar to normal air.

Anyway, when they mount the Tyre, there's already atmospheric air inside. Then they pump nitrogen inside, it's still a mix.

It's only pure nitrogen if the shop sucks out all the existing air inside and then refill with nitrogen.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Anyway, when they mount the Tyre, there's already atmospheric air inside. Then they pump nitrogen inside, it's still a mix.

It's only pure nitrogen if the shop sucks out all the existing air inside and then refill with nitrogen.

Well, the ngeow Chee ones can do a nitrogen flush of the tire. Pump and release then release the air/nitrogen a few times to get it closer to 100%. Hahhahahahhahahaha

That is why I used the word "pure" in my post. If it's nitrogen mixed with water vapour it performs worse than normal air.

@steveluv mentioned that there was an air extraction machine to suck out all the air from the tyre. Haven't seen that in SG before though.

Edited by Toeknee_33

Anyone here scrapping their is250 has a decent/changed dashboard n door panel I can buy off?

Mines over 10years n lexus quoted 14k which is too much for me=/

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Anyone here scrapping their is250 has a decent/changed dashboard n door panel I can buy off?

Mines over 10years n lexus quoted 14k which is too much for me=/

Change the dashboard and upper door panel quote 14k????

I think some problems changed at 1k +- before

It is just a piece of plastic trim, no mechanisms or electronics

Change the dashboard and upper door panel quote 14k????

I think some problems changed at 1k +- before

It is just a piece of plastic trim, no mechanisms or electronics

Yep..coz mine is over 10years... Hence paying "full price"

If I can't find any probably ll just do a rewrap... 14k is too much

Supercharged

Yep..coz mine is over 10years... Hence paying "full price"

If I can't find any probably ll just do a rewrap... 14k is too 

My advice is:

1) Ask all the Toyota stockist to see if they can bring in any of the relevant trim pieces.

2) Go to the scrap yards and ask for IS250 parts - there were a lot of IS250 sold so there should be a few lying around.

My advice is:

1) Ask all the Toyota stockist to see if they can bring in any of the relevant trim pieces.

2) Go to the scrap yards and ask for IS250 parts - there were a lot of IS250 sold so there should be a few lying around.

Yep..

I'm going to do that

Got a pricing from transglobe but I forgotten

Just ask kheng kheng but they don't have..

Not sure how scrapyard condition going to be..

Ll probably explore ard Sungei Kadut area