Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Took an almost 6hrs drive to mid-north of Thailand this morning

post-235536-0-55917100-1554545865_thumb.jpg

Basically driving along Thailand inter-provincial highway, video taken almost reaching destination

↡ Advertisement

Just received this SMS. Anyone done it before?

Dear IS200T owner, here is your exclusive invite to have the Auto Retractable Mirror installed for your Lexus at $250 (UP $321). Call 66311388 by 31 May for an appt now.

I don't know, that's why im asking ð

Cos I have the same question as you.

If it's sw upgrade, then $250 is very steep.

Anyway I'm already used to closing the wing mirrors by button every time.

Change of motor. This was my enquiry over my old 2010 Gen 3 GS300 Super Lux.

Auto fold comes as std for the Gen 2 IS250 Luxury.

Just received this SMS. Anyone done it before?

Dear IS200T owner, here is your exclusive invite to have the Auto Retractable Mirror installed for your Lexus at $250 (UP $321). Call 66311388 by 31 May for an appt now.

Cool that they have it now.   When I asked BM earlier this year, they told me that they do not do modifications.

It could be software or hardware modification.

Anyway, for me, because I was rejected by BM, I went to ebay and ordered something like this: https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Auto-Fold-Unfold-Side-Rear-View-Mirror-Folding-Closer-System-Modules-For-All-Car/372517770206?hash=item56bbca13de:g:AKUAAOSwP8db~6zw:rk:2:pf:0

...and got a local guy to help me install this for my IS250C for about $80 +/-

Quite a bit of wiring work involved.  (See attached image)

But I'm happy with the outcome.  Never need to bother about folding mirrors.  My earlier ride was a IS250 Luxury that comes with auto-folding mirrors.

post-3175-0-62684100-1555990788_thumb.jpg

Edited by Exige
  • Praise 3

I don't know, that's why im asking ð

Cos I have the same question as you.

If it's sw upgrade, then $250 is very steep.

Anyway I'm already used to closing the wing mirrors by button every time.

Guess auto fold makes the car feel more luxurious :)

I would prefer if they can install door lock/unlock on the rear doors and also install CarPlay.

Guess auto fold makes the car feel more luxurious :)

I would prefer if they can install door lock/unlock on the rear doors and also install CarPlay.

Yeah rear door lock will be great.

I'm gonna install the 10.25" Android HU with Apple CarPlay soon. Either next week or early May. :D

Yeah rear door lock will be great.

I'm gonna install the 10.25" Android HU with Apple CarPlay soon. Either next week or early May. :D

Thought of doing it but heard many problems.

I think nvconnect lesser problem

Supercharged

Borneo just increased the base cost of each of the biannual servicing by 100 bucks and claim that Toyota is asking them to change aircon filter every 10k.

I think it is total nonsense and really a money grab.

My recommendation for anyone wanting to buy a Lexus vehicle is to negotiate free servicing for the same period as the warranty, 3 or 5 years.

• Praise 1

Borneo just increased the base cost of each of the biannual servicing by 100 bucks and claim that Toyota is asking them to change aircon filter every 10k.

I think it is total nonsense and really a money grab.

My recommendation for anyone wanting to buy a Lexus vehicle is to negotiate free servicing for the same period as the warranty, 3 or 5 years.

i think they are increasing price because service center is so crowded in the morning !!! 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

i think they are increasing price because service center is so crowded in the morning !!!

Well i am quite disappointed with their greed and for that reason i will no longer recommend any friend to get Lexus from now on. Didn't expect Borneo to get so greedy as their servicing costs were already highest in the industry.

Supercharged

Well i am quite disappointed with their greed and for that reason i will no longer recommend any friend to get Lexus from now on. Didn't expect Borneo to get so greedy as their servicing costs were already highest in the industry.
↡ Advertisement