Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

23 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

1000km range.. amazing

mine always max 46x

2016 IS200t

It’s not always like this but this is attainable and I avg 900km range normally.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, Theoldjaffa said:

1000km range.. amazing

mine always max 46x

2016 IS200t

Same as u max around 8km-9km per litre. I think max I tried was 480km once. 

On 9/11/2019 at 8:35 AM, Hybrids said:

This is my IS300h. But can not compare to 450h as one is tuned for performance and the other for economy. But current hybrids by other manufacturers now offer same economy and even better performance than either Lexus’ using the old Prius type hybrid concept.

I am on my second hybrid battery. 

FCE0E8B4-DBEA-41EA-8FEC-4C202B931D04.jpeg

funny that almost all toyota hybrid battery cannot last 10years.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:20 AM, Hybrids said:

It’s not always like this but this is attainable and I avg 900km range normally.

Yeah, same here (also IS 300h).  Max range consistently shows a bit over 1K but I usually top up when I hit 850-900.

I find it more difficult now to qualify for those Shell promo campaigns 😅

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Toyota-trawls-for-big-spenders-with-4m-Lexus-yacht2?utm_campaign=RN Subscriber newsletter&utm_medium=JP update newsletter&utm_source=NAR Newsletter&utm_content=article link

Toyota trawls for big spenders with $4m Lexus yacht

Luxury brand's first-ever boat is made in America

TOMOYOSHI OSHIKIRI, Nikkei staff writer 21, 2019 05:38 JST

Cropped-1569006361Lexus%20yacht.jpg?sour

The LY 650 yacht represents the first step beyond autos for Toyota Motor's Lexus brand. (Photo courtesy of Toyota Motor)

TOKYO -- Toyota Motor has unveiled the first yacht under its Lexus luxury brand, with a 450 million yen ($4.17 million) price tag in Japan that aims it squarely at the super-rich.

The LY 650 will launch in Japan, the U.S. and Canada on Oct. 30. The 20-meter vessel combines Toyota's shipbuilding expertise with the design sensibilities of Lexus, featuring a curvy motif and a luxurious interior. It contains three sleeping quarters, with space for six people.

The boat was designed in collaboration with the Italian yacht designer Nuvolari Lenard and is built in the U.S.

Toyota has sold about 900 boats in Japan since establishing its shipbuilding business in 1997. This is the first foray outside autos for Lexus, which unveiled the yacht concept in January 2017.

For those lucky lexus owners who’s gonna get Apple CarPlay as stock in their cars, this is what you’ll get on your screen with iOS 13. You can choose to have split view with Apple Maps and Spotify.

If using Waze or Google maps, it will be full screen.

I’ve tried a parallel run of using Apple Maps with Waze. The route, ETA and info is similar. Only thing is Apple Maps doesn’t show info on police and speed traps.

I’ll use Apple Maps for now as I prefer the split screen to show my music.

A17903E0-994A-42FA-A7BB-D0B96FB99668.png

• Praise 8

Hi,

anyone has any recommendations for workshops that are familiar with IS250C's roof mechanism?   The car boot of my IS250C seems to have a problem with its hydralics.  When I open the boot, the boot cover keeps falling back down.  I need to use one hand to keep the car boot open, and another hand to take my things from the boot, which is pretty inconvenient..

My Mark Levinson amplifier kaput-ed. Anyone has similar experience and how was it remedied?

Or anyone got kangtow for a replacement amp, new or old?

The part number is 86280-0WA10.

Hi driving a 2016 lexus is200t here.

when u guys change to aftermarket rims, do you guys transfer the stock tpms sensor as well? Any warning on dashboard if the tpms are not present? Cheers

2 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

My Mark Levinson amplifier kaput-ed. Anyone has similar experience and how was it remedied?

Can’t help u out bro, I think this is gonna be hard to find.

another way is to connect ur ML speakers to an integrated amp/DSP from Helix?

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Jasjas said:

Hi driving a 2016 lexus is200t here.

when u guys change to aftermarket rims, do you guys transfer the stock tpms sensor as well? Any warning on dashboard if the tpms are not present? Cheers

Hi I drive the same car as you and also changed to aftermarket rims.

the stock TPMS sensors goes to the new rims as well. Else the TPMS light on the dashboard will light up constantly.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Can’t help u out bro, I think this is gonna be hard to find.

another way is to connect ur ML speakers to an integrated amp/DSP from Helix?

I am a noob when it comes to these stuff, but I was told that tracing the signals from the ML system and integrating with another amp may or may not be possible. Takes a couple of days to trace and tune.

How/where to do the Helix thing?

Edited by Toeknee_33

8 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I am a noob when it comes to these stuff, but I was told that tracing the signals from the ML system and integrating with another amp may or may not be possible. Takes a couple of days to trace and tune.

How/where to do the Helix thing?

That’s true also. When I changed he also asked my if I’m using ML.

think a simpler way is to change speakers and amp. Let Kuang recommend? I think it can be done for a small budget.

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Look for Ken @ 9699 6444

He salvaged 3 of my old amps..

good luck,,

• Praise 6

42 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

That’s true also. When I changed he also asked my if I’m using ML.

think a simpler way is to change speakers and amp. Let Kuang recommend? I think it can be done for a small budget.

Then the Bluetooth, GPS voice guidance and the mouse sound dunno whether will still be there anot..hehe

43 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Then the Bluetooth, GPS voice guidance and the mouse sound dunno whether will still be there anot..hehe

Yes all still there. Mine is like that ah. I changed to a full 3 way system and still use the stock Bluetooth.

although not ML but it’s still the stock Lexus 10 speaker system. 

The phone Bluetooth will connect to the stock head unit (All the stock features are in there like GPS, CD player). The shop will wire the HU to the integrated processor/amp via Low level inputs. The amp will output to the new speakers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2