Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

On 12/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, t0y0ta said:

Usually 30k diff between list (website; pricelist) and actual transaction price.

Another way is to go and check the onemotoring list of car basic cost to find out the total cost including COE for the model you are looking at, add 30-40k for their margin and this should be their real price.

For UX250h exec, the total basic cost is approx 125k with yesterday's COE, so probably they will ask for around 155k.

155K? site shows 182K for Luxury... if is lower (i.e below 150K) i will be interested.

Edited by andersseanx
↡ Advertisement

On 12/5/2019 at 2:49 PM, Vtec170 said:

Hi,

May I know if there is significant diff between Lexus list price and actual price?

Any bro here purchased UX250h recently?  Can pm me ur deal details?

Thanks!

im interested to know too. Thanks!

Am considering between this or A200

Edited by andersseanx

2 hours ago, andersseanx said:
  • Anyone could share the reliability of Lexus? I read past few pages seems like reliability is a problem ?

no worry about the reliability. Not sure about previous model, ,but current es250 simply rock.

BM always call me to remember go for servicing.

5 hours ago, andersseanx said:
  • Anyone could share the reliability of Lexus? I read past few pages seems like reliability is a problem ?

Lexus not reliable, go get jaguar or land rover, they are better and more reliable.

• Haha! 4

8 hours ago, andersseanx said:

wow, seem to me Lexus peeps are pretty sour when someone is asking a sincere question

Wow it seems you’re pretty (too) sensitive.

its a sincere suggestion for you to choose Merc A200 because in the Merc threads you won’t see issues highlighted by owners of more-than-10-year-old cars which is the case in the past few pages of this thread.

If you don’t see those issues it means Merc is more reliable that’s why Merc is the car to get.

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, andersseanx said:

im interested to know too. Thanks!

Am considering between this or A200

A200 should be sexier in terms of the dual big screen infotainment. I think UX nowadays should have added Apple Carplay + Andriod Auto (not totally confirmed) for SG market since Nov, so still acceptable.

Both cars are at the bottom hierarchy of the car line-up so interior is all cut-price.

A200 uses a Renault-developed engine so I think you will be warned for long-term ownership. 

I have been a Toyota owner for Donkey Years and then with Lexus, I have never faced problem or even when I had one within the warranty period and after, my SE also allow me to claim. Service wise, I see that they always remember my name

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

I have been a Toyota owner for Donkey Years and then with Lexus, I have never faced problem or even when I had one within the warranty period and after, my SE also allow me to claim. Service wise, I see that they always remember my name

I like it because it is japan over conti. - also not forgetting it has hybrid model which suits my needs - much quieter drive.

Edited by andersseanx

21 minutes ago, andersseanx said:

I like it because it is japan over conti. - also not forgetting it has hybrid model which suits my needs - much quieter drive.

Lexus is renowned, not only in SG but all over the world, for its dependability. Also, you may not know that the Germans are famed for their driveability and technology but not for their cost of maintenance and durability. 

It's ok, you don't sound like you are a car guy so it's understandable you dont know all these. Just like how I won't know which refrigerator brand is better if I needed to buy one. 😉

23 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Lexus is renowned, not only in SG but all over the world, for its dependability. Also, you may not know that the Germans are famed for their driveability and technology but not for their cost of maintenance and durability. 

It's ok, you don't sound like you are a car guy so it's understandable you dont know all these. Just like how I won't know which refrigerator brand is better if I needed to buy one. 😉

yup i am really not a car person..  thanks. I will go this week to test drive and who knows, might bagged 1 home.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, andersseanx said:

yup i am really not a car person..  thanks. I will go this week to test drive and who knows, might bagged 1 home.

Then I apologise for my sarcasm

ive driven my IS for 3 years and there’s zero problem other than a blown HID bulb and a battery that needed replacement after 2 years. 

• Praise 8

15 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

ive driven my IS for 3 years and there’s zero problem other than a blown HID bulb and a battery that needed replacement after 2 years. 

actually the old batch of toyota and lexus, ( camry onward )

those from 2008 +- 10 years old  batch, got problem with engine eating engine oil . its only how bad it is.(when they reach around 10 years which is now)

some of the less serious case just changing to 5w50 oil will help alot. 

other then that esp lexus, basially even at 10 years hard to find any thing spoil. most expensive would be their cooling coil, alternator .

absorber like 10 years only need replace once

engine mount, for a 200k 10 years lexus surprising can be still in very very good condition.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Beregond said:

actually the old batch of toyota and lexus, ( camry onward )

those from 2008 +- 10 years old  batch, got problem with engine eating engine oil . its only how bad it is.(when they reach around 10 years which is now)

some of the less serious case just changing to 5w50 oil will help alot. 

other then that esp lexus, basially even at 10 years hard to find any thing spoil. most expensive would be their cooling coil, alternator .

absorber like 10 years only need replace once

engine mount, for a 200k 10 years lexus surprising can be still in very very good condition.

Ya. I just changed my brake pads and rotors at 3 years and 64,500km.

actually no need to change but I did it anyway cos I’m hiao. 

looking At the rotor and pad, can last till 5 years and 100k at least!

now pretty pretty hehehe

60815045-7B85-4414-B574-60F81E8F87AB.jpeg

08644683-E0BC-41CF-A94E-F6304C2DE0C2.jpeg

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Np. Any ux250h peeps here can sic experience of your ride?

Sorry for the list qns, hv to make informed choice before i go over not knowing what to ask or observe.

Edited by andersseanx
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, andersseanx said:

Np. Any ux250h peeps here can sic experience of your ride?

Sorry for the list qns, hv to make informed choice before i go over not knowing what to ask or observe.

It looks good in the right colours, drives well, adequately powerful, smooth and quiet, very economical, enough passenger space for a small family...BUT...its got a tiny boot. So if boot space is important to you, then the UX is no go. 

↡ Advertisement