Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Mileage was 67k and I have sold the car liao 🙃

Bro, when I reach 67k, I probably drive over ten or more years liao😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

What make you think it’s too thin? 

Mileage wise as mine is 4 yr old with 85k mileage. Turbo engine which I think is too thin on 20. 

7 hours ago, JX83 said:

Mileage wise as mine is 4 yr old with 85k mileage. Turbo engine which I think is too thin on 20. 

Don’t worry bro. If manual says it’s ok then it’s fine.

i used that 20wt oil once only. Since then I’ve been using 5w-30

• Praise 3

On 2/24/2020 at 7:41 AM, Theoldjaffa said:

Anyway Giant having promo for this oil. Looks pretty good value although 4L is not enough for 1 oil change.

9C6C81D2-F389-4522-B4F6-D9265C0A89F0.jpeg

3E85E93F-4A06-4E52-B947-E209C34FCD95.jpeg

I think 4L is enough for 1 change, at least for ES250 should be enough

6 hours ago, Seaquest said:

I think 4L is enough for 1 change, at least for ES250 should be enough

Then great! Value for money buy for you.

mine (IS200t) needs 4.7L, so it’s not enough for me and doesn’t make sense to buy 2 bottles and waste the rest. 

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Then great! Value for money buy for you.

mine (IS200t) needs 4.7L, so it’s not enough for me and doesn’t make sense to buy 2 bottles and waste the rest. 

Bro I just change yesterday IS200t need 6L EO and 5.5L for ATF. Luckily I bought 2 each. I guess will keep till next servicing for EO. ATF seems wasted still left 2.5L now..

23 minutes ago, JX83 said:

Bro I just change yesterday IS200t need 6L EO and 5.5L for ATF. Luckily I bought 2 each. I guess will keep till next servicing for EO. ATF seems wasted still left 2.5L now..

Which workshop do you go to bro?

6L is definitely too much. 

ATF too.

• Praise 1

On 2/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

ATF too.

My usual workshop which I had been servicing since my previous car. Ignite Performance.. I still trust they did a good job like they did for my previous car too as I had been with them for couple of yrs.

Edited by JX83
  • Praise 1

On 2/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

ATF too.

According to lexus manual, EO is 4.6L and ATF is 8.5L

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Umm funny that means the atf I bought 2 bottles should not be enough. But now I still left 2.5L brought back home haha.. 

14 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Then the workshop either overfilled engine oil a lot or spilled a lot or........ hmmm

for ATF, 8.5L is the system capacity. Usually if just drain the sump about half or slightly more will be drained. The rest will be within the clutches and transmission case. 

anyway a big no no for me for such workshops! 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Then the workshop either overfilled engine oil a lot or spilled a lot or........ hmmm

for ATF, 8.5L is the system capacity. Usually if just drain the sump about half or slightly more will be drained. The rest will be within the clutches and transmission case. 

anyway a big no no for me for such workshops! 

Exactly bro.

thats why 5 quarts of EO and 1 tin of original ATF is enough for me.

• Praise 2

Just a post to share my thoughts.

In the past 2 chaotic months, as I dashed from one meeting to another to manage the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic, my Lexus has managed to be the most appropriate chariot in these fateful times.

It was always an oasis of calm and serenity in those tense days, helping to sooth frayed nerves with its combination of comfort, quietness and confident power, and sipping fuel along the way. Its paramount reliability and fuss-free nature also ensure it doesn't add to your woes in these terrible times.

This matters so much more to me now than the sharp handling of a BMW, or the brand cachet of a Merc, or the quick response of an Audi gearbox.

Thanks Lexus, for making this period a little more bearable. 

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
On 4/2/2020 at 6:32 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Just a post to share my thoughts.

In the past 2 chaotic months, as I dashed from one meeting to another to manage the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic, my Lexus has managed to be the most appropriate chariot in these fateful times.

It was always an oasis of calm and serenity in those tense days, helping to sooth frayed nerves with its combination of comfort, quietness and confident power, and sipping fuel along the way. Its paramount reliability and fuss-free nature also ensure it doesn't add to your woes in these terrible times.

This matters so much more to me now than the sharp handling of a BMW, or the brand cachet of a Merc, or the quick response of an Audi gearbox.

Thanks Lexus, for making this period a little more bearable. 

hahahaha was honestly considering changing to an is250 from a golf, and this post really tipped it in its favour. Too bad the seats behind are a little tiny compared to the hatchback

• Praise 1

hi

Any one have experiences with their is250 front making a clunking noise during full turns especially with HDB mscp slopes?

?ride is also getting harsh over bumpy roads... I have changed the lower control arm bushing as well as the link ends. Front Absorber and their mountings are within a year old..

i am planning to change the rear absorber as well - what should go along as well for regular wear and tear?

On 5/5/2020 at 10:57 AM, Rbthx0408 said:

hi

Any one have experiences with their is250 front making a clunking noise during full turns especially with HDB mscp slopes?

?ride is also getting harsh over bumpy roads... I have changed the lower control arm bushing as well as the link ends. Front Absorber and their mountings are within a year old..

i am planning to change the rear absorber as well - what should go along as well for regular wear and tear?

Sounds like wheel bearing or drive shaft issue - can go have a check at Elite Driveshaft, honest guys.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1