Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Turbocharged
(edited)
17 hours ago, Dna_engine said:

Sounds like wheel bearing or drive shaft issue - can go have a check at Elite Driveshaft, honest guys.

Huh? Wheel bearing failure don't make clunking noise, and IS250 don't have front driveshafts. 

Edited by Toeknee_33
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
On 4/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, exkayseedee said:

hahahaha was honestly considering changing to an is250 from a golf, and this post really tipped it in its favour. Too bad the seats behind are a little tiny compared to the hatchback

I changed from a Lexus to an Octavia. The Octavia is more practical.

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Huh? Wheel bearing failure don't make clunking noise, and IS250 don't have front driveshafts. 

Yah.. so maybe is his rear differential. Because under full turning, the rear differential will be the one performing the task of splitting the motion into 2 different wheel speeds.

And frequently it is neglected in terms of lubrication change.

Twincharged
On 5/5/2020 at 10:57 AM, Rbthx0408 said:

hi

Any one have experiences with their is250 front making a clunking noise during full turns especially with HDB mscp slopes?

?ride is also getting harsh over bumpy roads... I have changed the lower control arm bushing as well as the link ends. Front Absorber and their mountings are within a year old..

i am planning to change the rear absorber as well - what should go along as well for regular wear and tear?

Check your anti roll bar bushings and links. Likely those. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 5/5/2020 at 10:57 AM, Rbthx0408 said:

hi

Any one have experiences with their is250 front making a clunking noise during full turns especially with HDB mscp slopes?

?ride is also getting harsh over bumpy roads... I have changed the lower control arm bushing as well as the link ends. Front Absorber and their mountings are within a year old..

i am planning to change the rear absorber as well - what should go along as well for regular wear and tear?

Do an inspection of the undercarriage. A competent mechanic should be able to perform that and advise on the worn out parts that need to be changed. 

thanks all for the replies

I had actually changed the rear diff fluid maybe a year ago? the noise came within the last 2 mths

any mechanic in the west that you guys usually go to?

Hi everyone

Need advise for owner from Benz cross over to Lexus , how is the ride/maintenance experience? Planing my next ride and Shortlisted Lexus ES

thanks

26 minutes ago, Wheelslover said:

Hi everyone

Need advise for owner from Benz cross over to Lexus , how is the ride/maintenance experience? Planing my next ride and Shortlisted Lexus ES

thanks

For ride experience, do test drive as much as you like.  Ride experience is very personal.

1 hour ago, Wheelslover said:

Hi everyone

thanks

For ride comfort, can i ask which Benz to ES?

For maintenance, assuming you are buying new, should be troublefree for next few years to come.

21 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

For maintenance, assuming you are buying new, should be troublefree for next few years to come.

Form my pigu feels, ES (pre facelift) ride better (comfort) than the E.. 

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, Hutan said:

Form my pigu feels, ES (pre facelift) ride better (comfort) than the E.. 

you mean the previous generation? the current one is on a new platform. the steering feel of the new model is much better the the previous gen.

58 minutes ago, Earthboy said:

you mean the previous generation? the current one is on a new platform. the steering feel of the new model is much better the the previous gen.

Sorry to confused you... I am referring to NVH. The previous model seem better than new. 

3 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

C180 to ES or ES hybrid...looking at the promotion, seem very attractive. I was told ES is comparable to E class but less trouble and cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Hutan said:

Sorry to confused you... I am referring to NVH. The previous model seem better than new. 

Exactly what i felt when I sat inside the ES during motor show. But just don’t know how it handles on the road.

Supercharged
32 minutes ago, Wheelslover said:

C180 to ES or ES hybrid...looking at the promotion, seem very attractive. I was told ES is comparable to E class but less trouble and cheaper. 

Maintenance cost may be slightly higher for normal (small) servicing, as it is twice a year compared to conti is once a year. Large (those 40,000 km type) I heard the Merc servicing is super expensive, so maybe nett nett they are around equal.

conti have service credit to draw down from, while Lexus, you either negotiate a number of free servicing otherwise you have to pay.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Wheelslover said:

Exactly what i felt when I sat inside the ES during motor show. But just don’t know how it handles on the road.

How do u judge a car's NVH when it's a stationary display at a motor show?.....

2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Maintenance cost may be slightly higher for normal (small) servicing, as it is twice a year compared to conti is once a year. Large (those 40,000 km type) I heard the Merc servicing is super expensive, so maybe nett nett they are around equal.

conti have service credit to draw down from, while Lexus, you either negotiate a number of free servicing otherwise you have to pay.

thanks for your feedback

1 hour ago, Soya said:

How do u judge a car's NVH when it's a stationary display at a motor show?.....

What is NVH? i sat inside felt the interior ambient, soft leather, sharp display...etc made me feel shiok. Didnt test drive, not sure how i feel on the road, asking for advise here.

↡ Advertisement