Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

10 hours ago, WCB017 said:

Thanks, I fully agree that the interior design is dated and this is also a key reason that is holding me back. I am actually considering between this or GLC 250 from PI as their prices are similar.

both have different drive feel.

↡ Advertisement

On 6/23/2020 at 2:09 PM, WCB017 said:

Hi, any NX300 owner here? Any feedback on the car? BM has attractive offer now and thinking of changing to this car.

I don’t have one but close friend does. His is a 300h and just had his hybrid battery replaced a few months ago. In my own car the hybrid battery was replaced at 90k.
As for turbo Nx300 model, it’s slow compared to its rivals if performance is your thing and not particularly economical. I drove one to KL and it didn’t feel particularly special, and not that quiet either. Felt to me not like a turbo at all. Haven’t tried it yet but new Harrier might be better value, and possibly with a more advanced and less whiney hybrid system.

New GLA looks really interesting.

• Praise 1

On 6/23/2020 at 2:09 PM, WCB017 said:

Hi, any NX300 owner here? Any feedback on the car? BM has attractive offer now and thinking of changing to this car.

Don't know about NX300 but I bought a NX200 in July 2017 and sold it off in December 2017. I just don't like the ride. If you like SUV, I think Harrier is a better option,

(edited)

Any IS200t owners or previous owners can recommend which throttle controller brand better for our ride? Tom’s LTS III, Pivot 3-drive, D1 spec or Vaitrix? Was hoping to reduce even 30%-50% throttle lag good enough.

Edited by JX83

39 minutes ago, pat3g said:

Don't know about NX300 but I bought a NX200 in July 2017 and sold it off in December 2017. I just don't like the ride. If you like SUV, I think Harrier is a better option,

Haha same like me last time I hate MPV.. I drove a toyota wish for about 6 months then sold it then told myself never ever gonna drove mpv again. For me maybe next time if I want SUV I don’t mind getting NX though looks good to me at least.

2 hours ago, JX83 said:

Any IS200t owners or previous owners can recommend which throttle controller brand better for our ride? Tom’s LTS III, Pivot 3-drive, D1 spec or Vaitrix? Was hoping to reduce even 30%-50% throttle lag good enough.

Bro if u r referring to reducing throttle lag when moving off from standstill, then it won’t help.

if what you want is a more responsive feeling AFTER the car has moved off, then yes it makes driving more enjoyable.

but if you WOT, with or without the controller is the same.

i used D1 Spec GTR. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Bro if u r referring to reducing throttle lag when moving off from standstill, then it won’t help.

if what you want is a more responsive feeling AFTER the car has moved off, then yes it makes driving more enjoyable.

but if you WOT, with or without the controller is the same.

i used D1 Spec GTR. 

Ya bro I was referring to the moving off from standstill. I was still thinking if installing that would help just abit and it would be good enough. But sad to hear it doesn’t help. Thanks.. 👍 

Edited by JX83

3 hours ago, Krieger said:

I did try the first gen of NX years back. It was terrible. Its noisy and slow. 

Was it the NX Turbo or hybrid? Terrible, noisy and slow compared to?

• Praise 1

On 6/29/2020 at 6:20 PM, Krieger said:

I did try the first gen of NX years back. It was terrible. Its noisy and slow. 

I agree. The hybrid is quieter unless you accelerate. And feels more responsive in Low speeds than the turbo, whereToyota had limited its performance with a very sluggish off the line response, in all of its applications, be it the NX,RX,IS or GS. They also perhaps needed to maintain a GAP in performance between this engine and the 3.5v6 in other markets. But this could also bring benefits to a turbo engine not intrinsically efficient.

if engine performance is important to you, look elsewhere. And recent German models are much more durable than before (my own experience). After all, Toyota endorses them.

Bro @Theoldjaffa can consult u regarding this connector for Tom’s Powerbox? Where does this plug goes to? I bought a used one yesterday. So was trying to figure out where it goes to. Hope u can help me on this. I hope it won’t link to the fuse box there though.

C47ABD4A-99BD-48B0-867A-E5C10986F09E.jpeg

2 hours ago, JX83 said:

Bro @Theoldjaffa can consult u regarding this connector for Tom’s Powerbox? Where does this plug goes to? I bought a used one yesterday. So was trying to figure out where it goes to. Hope u can help me on this. I hope it won’t link to the fuse box there though.

C47ABD4A-99BD-48B0-867A-E5C10986F09E.jpeg

Bro it’s just 2 connectors where the arrows are pointing to.

No need to connect to fuse box. That part you mentioned is termination of loop only I think.

33F67307-AD63-4776-9BD7-1FBBDF13D369.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Bro it’s just 2 connectors where the arrows are pointing to.

No need to connect to fuse box. That part you mentioned is termination of loop only I think.

33F67307-AD63-4776-9BD7-1FBBDF13D369.jpeg

Thanks I will try out later..

i am intending to buy a renewed COE lexus IS250. But i see 2 variants of the car, IS250 and the IS250 luxury. Can i ask what are the difference between the 2? And how do i see that it is a luxury model?

Also anything to take note of when i go for test driving of the car? What are the usual issues of the car? besides sticky dashboard..

Thanks in advance.

(edited)
1 hour ago, q1n3fer said:

i am intending to buy a renewed COE lexus IS250. But i see 2 variants of the car, IS250 and the IS250 luxury. Can i ask what are the difference between the 2? And how do i see that it is a luxury model?

Also anything to take note of when i go for test driving of the car? What are the usual issues of the car? besides sticky dashboard..

Thanks in advance.

Rattling sound from the engine for a few seconds after a cold start but goes away after that. Its intermittent and was told its because of VVTi mechanism gets stuck overnight. Nothing serious and don't need to fix, apparently. The electric steering rack can suddenly pack up with no symptoms. Check starter motor also.

Other than that, and common wear and tear items, the car is bullet-proof. Please apply the usual used car evaluation techniques.

For your first question, try reading this:

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, q1n3fer said:

Thanks in advance.

Carbon build-up on intake valves.

Because this is 1st gen direct injection-only engine. Recommend to go for Walnut carbon clearing to last you another 5/10years.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Carbon build-up on intake valves.

Because this is 1st gen direct injection-only engine. Recommend to go for Walnut carbon clearing to last you another 5/10years.

ok! thank you for the advice...

4 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Rattling sound from the engine for a few seconds after a cold start but goes away after that. Its intermittent and was told its because of VVTi mechanism gets stuck overnight. Nothing serious and don't need to fix, apparently. The electric steering rack can suddenly pack up with no symptoms. Check starter motor also.

Other than that, and common wear and tear items, the car is bullet-proof. Please apply the usual used car evaluation techniques.

For your first question, try reading this:

ok! noted on the above.. coz i did hear some rattling sound when engine started. Will take note of it

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1