Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Supercharged
9 hours ago, Williamhha said:

anyone have experience with door lock unable to lock?

when i touch the handle to lock the car both the side mirror will folded & all the door will locked except for the driver's door won't lock. If  i  press inside the car lock/unlock button all the doors will active except driver's door.

any advise of WS for this problem? i hate after repair there will have king king kong kong sound when driving, hope to find a good & reliable WS to fix the issue

Door lock actuator spoiled:

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
13 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Lexus only have 1 service centre - Leng Kee.

The BM Pandan main HQ location is only for accident repairs for Lexus/Toyota.

Toyota cars can additionally go to other satellite BM service centres like Bukit Batok, Ubi, Sin Ming etc.

hi, btw, if just do normal servicing, what is the price range I am looking at at Leng Kee? 

Supercharged
On 1/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, beatzerg said:

hi, btw, if just do normal servicing, what is the price range I am looking at at Leng Kee? 

500+ for basic/minor service

At least 1200 for major service

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Cook123 said:

Got some package servicing at Lexus 

maybe can save some money 

Ask the SA

10% discount if you pre-pay for 2 sessions.

15% discount if you pre-pay for 4 sessions.

If you are under warranty and bo pian have to get carrot to maintain warranty - go ahead and sign the 4 sessions.

If not under warranty, seriously outside workshop service rate is around 1/3 of this price.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:11 AM, MR2SBA said:

Just went BM and have ECU reset. All back to normal. Likely software bug. Many cars were there for the same problem. 

For the aircon hot air issue? Need to make appointment?

On 1/5/2021 at 11:16 AM, east41st said:

At first i thought wah aircon system so smart can tell i was cold. It was welcoming at that moment.

Share my experience from yesterday which was a cool 25 deg evening.

I started on my 30 minute journey, with the aircon set to 22.5 deg and fan speed at 1, which is my usual setting when i drive alone. Rear aircon vents were switched off.

3 minutes later, I felt cold, and moved the temp to 24.0 deg. Few moments later, the airflow to driver's side slowed to a trickle and the air felt like its non-airconditioned (meaning not cold but not warm either). Checked the passenger side airvent and it was still blowing cold air at the normal speed. I was quickly getting comfortable and not feeling so cold.

But bearing in mind the posts i read here, I experimented with my climate control system. I brought the temp down to 22 deg, and the driver side vents came back to life, blowing cold air. Brought it back up again to 24 deg and the same thing happened - warmish air coming trickling out from driver's vents. I brought up the fan speed to 5, but unlike before, it wasnt blowing a gale, like its overriding my commands and refusing to bring up the fan speed. 

After 15 minutes of driving, the passenger airvents airflow also slowed to a trickle and the air wasnt as cold as before. I continued the rest of my journey in comfort. At a set of longish traffic lights before I reached my destination, I repeated the whole sequence again, and the system responded in the same way, and this time i can hear the whirring of the motors and flaps doing their magic to marshall the air around.

I guess what the system was trying to do was - to quickly make me comfortable by restricting cold air to me, while at the same time bringing the rest of the cabin to the set temp of 24 deg. Once that was achieved, the passenger vents also slowed their output to maintain an even cabin temp.

If this was the intended function of the climate control system, then Lexus's system is quite clever and effective, making me feel comfortable very quickly and maintaining the selected temp very well after that. I am impressed.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Share my experience from yesterday which was a cool 25 deg evening.

I started on my 30 minute journey, with the aircon set to 22.5 deg and fan speed at 1, which is my usual setting when i drive alone. Rear aircon vents were switched off.

3 minutes later, I felt cold, and moved the temp to 24.0 deg. Few moments later, the airflow to driver's side slowed to a trickle and the air felt like its non-airconditioned (meaning not cold but not warm either). Checked the passenger side airvent and it was still blowing cold air at the normal speed. I was quickly getting comfortable and not feeling so cold.

But bearing in mind the posts i read here, I experimented with my climate control system. I brought the temp down to 22 deg, and the driver side vents came back to life, blowing cold air. Brought it back up again to 24 deg and the same thing happened - warmish air coming trickling out from driver's vents. I brought up the fan speed to 5, but unlike before, it wasnt blowing a gale, like its overriding my commands and refusing to bring up the fan speed. 

After 15 minutes of driving, the passenger airvents airflow also slowed to a trickle and the air wasnt as cold as before. I continued the rest of my journey in comfort. At a set of longish traffic lights before I reached my destination, I repeated the whole sequence again, and the system responded in the same way, and this time i can hear the whirring of the motors and flaps doing their magic to marshall the air around.

I guess what the system was trying to do was - to quickly make me comfortable by restricting cold air to me, while at the same time bringing the rest of the cabin to the set temp of 24 deg. Once that was achieved, the passenger vents also slowed their output to maintain an even cabin temp.

If this was the intended function of the climate control system, then Lexus's system is quite clever and effective, making me feel comfortable very quickly and maintaining the selected temp very well after that. I am impressed.

yup, sound like about right. read about the climate control systems working like that before. it also detects if there is a front seat passenger and balances the air output and temp, like you experienced. the only scary part is when the motors or flaps break... happened to my old merc. pain in the butt to have the workshop tear the whole dash apart to get to the flaps and tiny motors. mine had 13 of them. lucky only 2 spoilt . now driving a cheapie car. no vents and motors to break. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

yup, sound like about right. read about the climate control systems working like that before. it also detects if there is a front seat passenger and balances the air output and temp, like you experienced. the only scary part is when the motors or flaps break... happened to my old merc. pain in the butt to have the workshop tear the whole dash apart to get to the flaps and tiny motors. mine had 13 of them. lucky only 2 spoilt . now driving a cheapie car. no vents and motors to break. 😁

So my question is, the numerous bros here that think they suddenly all got aircon problems during this cold spell, is it really a problem? Or was that what Lexus intended it to be?

I remember my trip to Jeju last winter, I was constantly fiddling with the climate control temp/speed, heated seats and heated steering wheel of my rented Santa Fe. Its either too cold or too hot! Never got it "just nice". 

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

So my question is, the numerous bros here that think they suddenly all got aircon problems during this cold spell, is it really a problem? Or was that what Lexus intended it to be?

I remember my trip to Jeju last winter, I was constantly fiddling with the climate control temp/speed, heated seats and heated steering wheel of my rented Santa Fe. Its either too cold or too hot! Never got it "just nice". 

I should think it is a problem. Because in my case when it happened the system got "stuck" and nothing i did could override the system, no matter how i tune the temp and air flow high and low.

• Praise 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:55 PM, east41st said:

I should think it is a problem. Because in my case when it happened the system got "stuck" and nothing i did could override the system, no matter how i tune the temp and air flow high and low.

My driver side was blowing hot air recently and changing the settings has no effect. This continued for a couple of days. On the third day, I shut the driver side's two vents for one trip as I could still get air-con from the remaining four vents. On the return journey, the driver side is restored to normal when I reopened the vents.

8 hours ago, ktnpl said:

My driver side was blowing hot air recently and changing the settings has no effect. This continued for a couple of days. On the third day, I shut the driver side's two vents for one trip as I could still get air-con from the remaining four vents. On the return journey, the driver side is restored to normal when I reopened the vents.

Probably during the last engine re-start, the jammed motor came back alive and routed the cold air properly.

any one with experience with 2IS having a fuel/petrol smell?

Happens usually in the evening after I parked the car for a few hours and I use the car again.

Smell is less apparent in the morning

Hey all,

Just bought a 11 years old IS250!

It’s a 1 owner car and mileage under 40k! Servicing records with lexus from day 1 (less likely tampered mileage). Tip top pristine condition. Such is rare and absolutely a good buy i think.

Would love to drift with it lol. So any surviving IS250 drivers here? Or any whatsapp group specifically for the IS250 only? Let’s get into some poison! 🙂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/10/2019 at 5:21 PM, andersseanx said:
  • Anyone could share the reliability of Lexus? I read past few pages seems like reliability is a problem ?

Know this post was a few months ago, let me just add my Lexus experience. 

I own a es250 for 4.5 years and now shopping for a new car S90 A6 ES250, likely buy back Lexus after CNY.

my last 4.5 years with Lexus under their 5 years warranty,

1) battery weak before 2 years, during servicing they replace it free

2) before 3 years they replace my headlight under the warranty 

3) last serving in Dec 2020 they replace my engine mount for free

these 3 replacement are all done by BM own accord when doing full body check up for my car.

how reliable you judge but at least BM didn’t act blur and replace stuff when needed under warranty! This is important as agent for Toyota and Lexus 

Edited by D3badge
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2