Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

On 12/11/2019 at 5:07 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Then I apologise for my sarcasm

ive driven my IS for 3 years and there’s zero problem other than a blown HID bulb and a battery that needed replacement after 2 years. 

Hahah Jaffa we have the same experience, maybe soon will be you engine mounts too hahah

↡ Advertisement

On 11/3/2020 at 4:56 AM, Natnut said:

Any thoughts about these brakes? Apparently made and designed by local Sg company and tested on Audis, BMWs and Minis.

https://www.carousell.sg/p/lfi-gr50-forged-big-brake-kit-system-front-1044970855/

They have a Facebook and website as well :

https://www.facebook.com/laforgeind

https://lf-ind.com/

I chatted with the seller and he made this promise (screenshot) attached):

LFI BBK.png

Brakes help to stop your car! Not just to look good! For such thing on a kiasu mentality, I always go for reputable big Brand companies! Same for tyres 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Brakes help to stop your car! Not just to look good! For such thing on a kiasu mentality, I always go for reputable big Brand companies! Same for tyres 

Use back the OEM Toyota Lexus pads and disks.... they are very high quality.

7 hours ago, D3badge said:

Know this post was a few months ago, let me just add my Lexus experience. 

I own a es250 for 4.5 years and now shopping for a new car S90 A6 ES250, likely buy back Lexus after CNY.

my last 4.5 years with Lexus under their 5 years warranty,

1) battery weak before 2 years, during servicing they replace it free

2) before 3 years they replace my headlight under the warranty 

3) last serving in Dec 2020 they replace my engine mount for free

these 3 replacement are all done by BM own accord when doing full body check up for my car.

how reliable you judge but at least BM didn’t act blur and replace stuff when needed under warranty! This is important as agent for Toyota and Lexus 

Yah, mine Batt actually replace twice under warranty.

Both front shocks replaced - both times I complain about slight noise, they check and although still functional they still change - the 2nd round was during insurance-backed extended warranty (4,5 years) so I was impressed.

So far they are quite keen to help change spoiled parts under warranty as long as there is some obvious reason.

However, the other side of the coin is that to maintain warranty, you service with them and the $$ paid for routine maintenance is really a lot.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

16 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Both front shocks replaced - both times I complain about slight noise, they check and although still functional they still change - the 2nd round was during insurance-backed extended warranty (4,5 years) so I was impressed.

So far they are quite keen to help change spoiled parts under warranty as long as there is some obvious reason.

However, the other side of the coin is that to maintain warranty, you service with them and the $$ paid for routine maintenance is really a lot.

Nice to know during servicing , the mechanics goes through the checklist and change what are necessary under warranty!

18 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

better than the german ADs here. even under factory warranty, their first reply is to monitor, unless it is damn obvious. and i would very rarely they would replace anything on their own accord without a customer complaint.

9 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

better than the german ADs here. even under factory warranty, their first reply is to monitor, unless it is damn obvious. and i would very rarely they would replace anything on their own accord without a customer complaint.

I got a new battery (after 2 years of usage) from Mini.

For battery, I told SA to check.

A lot of times, it depends on how difficult is the Principal

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

When PML replaced my 3-yr old BMW's coolant pump under warranty, they also replaced the car battery and the engine mount on their own accord without any complaint/request from me. Not sure whether that's their normal service standards...I certainly don't mind getting these replacements! 😜

On 2/3/2021 at 8:52 AM, D3badge said:

Hahah Jaffa we have the same experience, maybe soon will be you engine mounts too hahah

Haha how r u bro?

I sold my IS exactly a year ago. Been back to Alfa for the past year.

waiting for u to come back too! 🤣

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Haha how r u bro?

I sold my IS exactly a year ago. Been back to Alfa for the past year.

waiting for u to come back too! 🤣

Wah nice 😬👍🏻 Miss Alfa Romeo! I went to test drive the guila QV a year ago really fantastic car to drive  but now I need big sedan need space for my 2 boys 😂.... now look at Volvo S90, Audi A6 and good old Lexus ES250! Get Alfa will make my heart jump but also make my wife heart “jump” too! End up won’t be enjoying the Alfa 😭

will make decision on the switch these one two week 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, D3badge said:

Wah nice 😬👍🏻 Miss Alfa Romeo! I went to test drive the guila QV a year ago really fantastic car to drive  but now I need big sedan need space for my 2 boys 😂.... now look at Volvo S90, Audi A6 and good old Lexus ES250! Get Alfa will make my heart jump but also make my wife heart “jump” too! End up won’t be enjoying the Alfa 😭

will make decision on the switch these one two week 😁

🤣

happy shopping! 

Another one to check out as potentially a great alternative to Lexus....Tesla, which reportedly will give below Camry prices for spectacular performance....but will need charging access.

14 minutes ago, Hybrids said:

Another one to check out as potentially a great alternative to Lexus....Tesla, which reportedly will give below Camry prices for spectacular performance....but will need charging access.

BEFORE COE

1 hour ago, Hybrids said:

Not for someone who is ocd on quality. The QC for Tesla is horrible. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

recently my 4.5 year old ES250 is having problem with the aircon. When stationary, the cold air would slowly lose it's coldness and I have to off & on to get the aircon back to normal. Apparently this problem occurs only when car is stationary for a while. Any bros kena this before? Not sure if compressor is going home liow.

↡ Advertisement