Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Hi I am thinking of buying a Aug 2017 GS450h. Which workshop will give the most comprehensive and trustworthy pre-purchase inspection report and report?

↡ Advertisement

On 10/24/2021 at 10:52 PM, Natnut said:

Hi I am thinking of buying a Aug 2017 GS450h. Which workshop will give the most comprehensive and trustworthy pre-purchase inspection report and report?

I used AA Inspection service for my preowned-car purchases.  I find the service good and reliable. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Am thinking of getting a used Gs450h 2010-211 with sunroof. Could let me know if any lobang. Cheers 

21 hours ago, LLYK said:

Am thinking of getting a used Gs450h 2010-211 with sunroof. Could let me know if any lobang. Cheers 

Maybe you would like to ask specifically what kind of lobang you need??

Neutral Newbie

@Toeknee_33 thanks Toeknee … lobang refers to if anyone of you know anyone selling pls post it here as I am looking for one and there aren’t any around in sgCarMart with sunroof… one recently sold in SgCarMart.. was too late. Thanks much 😀😀

21 minutes ago, LLYK said:

@Toeknee_33 thanks Toeknee … lobang refers to if anyone of you know anyone selling pls post it here as I am looking for one and there aren’t any around in sgCarMart with sunroof… one recently sold in SgCarMart.. was too late. Thanks much 😀😀

GS450h is very rare even when new, most people were buying cheaper GS250 or GS350.

So trying to get one, or one with a specific feature may be very difficult.

Good luck

Neutral Newbie

Noted tOyOta… yes it’s a rare find and hence keeping fingers crossed. I am currently driving a rarer breed.. a Crown…was darn lucky to have come across it 3.5 years ago when my Estima was due and quickly grabbed it .. it’s due in May and not intending to renew it… 

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

GS450h is very rare even when new, most people were buying cheaper GS250 or GS350.

So trying to get one, or one with a specific feature may be very difficult.

Good luck

If you are talking about the 4GS, I believe all GS350 and GS450h comes with sunroof. 

Not so sure about the 3GS that @LLYK is asking about.

Oh BTW the 3GS 450h does 9km/l while the 4GS can do 12km/l.

Edited by Toeknee_33

On 1/9/2022 at 12:58 PM, LLYK said:

Bro, why go for the old tech when you have new ones? I am sure there are newer GS models out there. Older ones give you the higher maintenance cost and high petrol consumption. I don't think you will be more comfortable in it. Just my 2 cents worth. Is it lower depreciation? Maybe you know more

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Guys for the inputs .. appreciated … 3G GS 450h models don’t come in standard for sunroof… and yes the depreciation cost is lower for cOE cars ( the 3G ended in 2011 hence all of them now are running on renewed COe) but running costs would naturally be higher but I think overall still lower than the depre costs. I have a very reliable mechanic hence not too worried on that. Don’t see much tech improvements apart from the FC on the 4G GS 450. Me and my wife are low users hence the higher fuel consumption ain’t an issue .. at least for now. 

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, LLYK said:

Thanks Guys for the inputs .. appreciated … 3G GS 450h models don’t come in standard for sunroof… and yes the depreciation cost is lower for cOE cars ( the 3G ended in 2011 hence all of them now are running on renewed COe) but running costs would naturally be higher but I think overall still lower than the depre costs. I have a very reliable mechanic hence not too worried on that. Don’t see much tech improvements apart from the FC on the 4G GS 450. Me and my wife are low users hence the higher fuel consumption ain’t an issue .. at least for now. 

I feel that the 3GS has a better-built interior than the 4GS, but the 4GS fights back with a more modern dashboard and screen.

If you dont mind, share your reliable mechanic via PM. Might need him soon as I will be taking my car out of BM's care.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

@Toeknee_33 PMed you on the mechanic.. yes agree the 4G is better in terms of aesthetics but to me what’s under the bonnet is more important. I am sure one of the bros is this chat has one 3G 450GH with sunroof. If looking to upgrade and hence selling.. pls post here or PM 

On 12/27/2021 at 10:28 PM, Surpize said:

Any Bros have the maintenance schedule & price list for ES?

Do you go back to Lexus or service outside?

Similarly how the paint coating quality?

I go back to Lexus for servicing because they give you services credit when you buy car from them and 6 years warranty.

as for paint coating? Very tough not easily chip as I experienced behind car where the “stone chipping” sound hitting my car a few different times the whole stretch down Benjamin bridge, so far no damage to paint work.

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/how-lexus-paintwork-turns-back-time/

BTW I was given 5 Lexus body care. They did 1st round during car collection, then once a year usage there after.

6 years warranty and Lexus body care was part of the loyalty program 

Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 1

On 2/4/2022 at 12:47 PM, Kopites said:

You want cny promo?😁 

High sugar high cholesterol. 

20220204_124004.jpg

Oooh, so that's what was in the box. Thanks for the picture! I was there yesterday too... had to reject the box for the sake of my waistline. :D I knew that once I looked inside, I'd eat the whole thing myself! Hehe...

Oh, I have a question: does anyone know where I can get replacement wiper rubber inserts (i.e. not the entire wiper blade, just the rubber part)? 
This is the all I could find so far, but I don't know if it fits or if it's any good... and which type to get for my 2011 GS300:
https://shopee.sg/Windscreen-wipers-Insert-Rubber-strip-Refill-Car-Accessories-Lexus-rx350-rx-gs-is250-gs300-rx300-nx-rx330-gx470-lx470-i.323816671.5457990951

Can I get this from a stockist? Or even Autobacs or something?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement