Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Supercharged
4 hours ago, Arogab said:

Haha, Like I say, I got no intention to buy. I just itchy backside only😁

Actually the way that Lexus is moving. I think car to car their gap with Merc/bimmer/Audi is widening. Just too much cost-cutting and it got worse from gen to gen.

If really desire peace of mind, the Toyota options are better value.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Actually the way that Lexus is moving. I think car to car their gap with Merc/bimmer/Audi is widening. Just too much cost-cutting and it got worse from gen to gen.

If really desire peace of mind, the Toyota options are better value.

I really donno how to judge. But my brother, sister got all Volvo, BMW, Merc and my friend Audi. We never compare price, just how comfortable you are with it. 

My Brother's got an E250 but end up also give it up due to some unhappiness. 

For me, I just want the peace of mind, my ride already five years but cannot compare. Mine like new and low mileage and got sound proof done up. So I just been happy with myself than compare

• Praise 2

Supercharged
52 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I really donno how to judge. But my brother, sister got all Volvo, BMW, Merc and my friend Audi. We never compare price, just how comfortable you are with it. 

My Brother's got an E250 but end up also give it up due to some unhappiness. 

For me, I just want the peace of mind, my ride already five years but cannot compare. Mine like new and low mileage and got sound proof done up. So I just been happy with myself than compare

You are right. The key advantage is really their mechanical quality is Toyota+. I feel it is slightly better and less problem even compared to Toyota.

But that is also the problem - they are really just a Toyota+ product.

I was blowed away as a young man when I sat in the Gen2 IS250 (2006-2013) ... exterior and interior quality is so good.

All the recent models after 2012 seem to be pretty sad.. just my opinion

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

You are right. The key advantage is really their mechanical quality is Toyota+. I feel it is slightly better and less problem even compared to Toyota.

I was blowed away as a young man when I sat in the Gen2 IS250 (2006-2013) ... exterior and interior quality is so good.

Recent I think is ok lah, look at the latest NX , I don't really see them loose out if you compare apple to apple pricing. Finally is depends on what you like from service, looks, different aspect of comfort and handling. 

But just as you say Toyota +, isn't other higher branding also call Toyota + brands? Is an upgrade as mentioned. I agree to pay for + lor. If someone don't like also no choice

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

i would like to seek your advice on Lexus RX 200T 360 camera. I am driving 2016 RX200T and recently my rear camera spoilt! As such, when I reverse, the 360view shows only the front and side view while the rear is not shown. Went to Borneo Lexus Svc center and was quoted $1.8k just to replace the tiny rear camera (i.e. the one above the number plate).

Would like to find out if there are other options available? Thoughts?

Thanks much in advance!

Cheers!

• Shocked 1

21 hours ago, Wongysis said:

Hi all,

i would like to seek your advice on Lexus RX 200T 360 camera. I am driving 2016 RX200T and recently my rear camera spoilt! As such, when I reverse, the 360view shows only the front and side view while the rear is not shown. Went to Borneo Lexus Svc center and was quoted $1.8k just to replace the tiny rear camera (i.e. the one above the number plate).

Would like to find out if there are other options available? Thoughts?

Thanks much in advance!

Cheers!

Lexus uses proprietary comm-bus.  No after market parts.  
You can try Elebest at Bt Batok WCEGA Plaza.  Look for boss Max Yao. 
http://www.elebestsg.com
I had my 2010 IS250 fixed at a fraction of the cost.

(edited)

Hi all. 

I just bought a 2017 RC200t. When I start up the car, the air con will emit a sour smell. This sour smell will dissipate after 30 seconds or so.  

I brought to BM and they told me to switch off aircon before I switch off the engine before alighting. Also, I have to start engine then switch on the aircon when driving off. This don't sound right to me as I have driven different brands of cars for the past 10 years and this is the first time I encounter this.

May I ask if you have similar encounter and how did you manage to fix it?

Thanks.

Edited by Frozentouch

Supercharged
27 minutes ago, Frozentouch said:

Hi all. 

I just bought a 2017 RC200t. When I start up the car, the air con will emit a sour smell. This sour smell will dissipate after 30 seconds or so.  

I brought to BM and they told me to switch off aircon before I switch off the engine before alighting. Also, I have to start engine then switch on the aircon when driving off. This don't sound right to me as I have driven different brands of cars for the past 10 years and this is the first time I encounter this.

May I ask if you have similar encounter and how did you manage to fix it?

Thanks.

Got change the cabin filter with a original activated carbon one? around 70-80$ from stockist.

3 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Got change the cabin filter with a original activated carbon one? around 70-80$ from stockist.

Hi t0y0ta.

Thanks for the advice. I sent the car for servicing last week with this 60 000KM SYNTHETIC SERVICE PACKAGE which includes the change of filter by BM.  Not sure if the filter is the one you mentioned. I'll check with BM.

I have been going to Hexin for all my Toyota and Lexus parts. Very comprehensive stockist. They have even help import my MR2 SW20 parts. Can pm me for the sales guy I usually go to. 

Supercharged
28 minutes ago, MR2SBA said:

I have been going to Hexin for all my Toyota and Lexus parts. Very comprehensive stockist. They have even help import my MR2 SW20 parts. Can pm me for the sales guy I usually go to. 

Where are the located? Do they do counter retail businesss?

@t0y0ta They have a shop with many sales reps at 76, Dunlop Street.  If it is ex-stock like typical consumables (wiper refill, brake pad), you can wait and collect on the spot.  Else, you can also order and collect the parts at their warehouse at Ubi.

Neutral Newbie

Looking forward to purchase my first Lexus and started to test drive some cars. Curious to hear your opinion : what model would you choose if you would have unlimited budget?  Also how to you contact lexus customer service? Is this a legit source? Looking forward to some recommendations and advices.

8 hours ago, mike9199 said:

Looking forward to purchase my first Lexus and started to test drive some cars. Curious to hear your opinion : what model would you choose if you would have unlimited budget?  Also how to you contact lexus customer service? Is this a legit source? Looking forward to some recommendations and advices.

You are from which country?

• Haha! 1

On 4/18/2022 at 5:33 PM, t0y0ta said:

The lexus GS of that generation too. The grade of leather is a cut above toyota and the V6 is so smooth

↡ Advertisement