Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Hi,

Does anyone know if the 2010 IS250 come with TPMS?

I have a TPMS on my Fly Audio display but it doesn’t seem to be working.

The ex-owner changed to this Fly Audio display for its touchscreen.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Do you guys drive with Start/Stop on or off? Will Start/Stop wear the engine out faster? What's your experience so far? This is my first car with Start/Stop, hence wondering is it just a gimmick or it really helps in the FC.

I always left it to be on.

Manufacturer sure have going thru series of testing on this before implement it on the market.

It will sure save your petrol (not much) in start stop traffic.

The only concern is the vibration and noise for the engine restart.

For Mercedes A250, the restart cause a big shake and noise even it is a 4cyl engine. It may not welcome at all.

• Praise 1

I always left it to be on.

Manufacturer sure have going thru series of testing on this before implement it on the market.

It will sure save your petrol (not much) in start stop traffic.

The only concern is the vibration and noise for the engine restart.

For Mercedes A250, the restart cause a big shake and noise even it is a 4cyl engine. It may not welcome at all.

I have to say that the IS200t's restart has minimal shake most of the time and sometimes not noticeable to passengers. 

External TPMS saved me again. Pre-alerted me just now.

The stock TPMS indicator still hasn't lighted up when I heard the warning sound.

F8B8DC6E-CFA6-42F5-977C-471123029D02.jpeg

That pesky nail. And I didn't realise there's so much wear in the inner Tyre.. my mileage is only 25k and the tyres are just 14 mths old and were used for less than 26k. I've rotated them twice already, at 10k and 20k.

081EC129-EF56-4B6D-B809-5EEDA71ECCF8.jpeg

The left Tyre wear is worse.. got crack some more

36C82E6C-00CE-4A4C-890C-DCB96F71743A.jpeg

In these PS4s I've gotten 4 punctures in 14 mths. Lol

Your tyre uneven wear? Got check your front bushing?
  • Praise 1

Your tyre uneven wear? Got check your front bushing?

End up it's alignment out, the toe angle.

When I lowered my car, I think the workers knocked my suspension arms a little to take out the damper.

Anyway I've changed tyres to F1A3 and did my alignment again. Will monitor.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 1

^apparently they did sell quite a number of LC. there is also one black and one blue running around.

Red also..... Really a substantial numbers
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Do you guys drive with Start/Stop on or off? Will Start/Stop wear the engine out faster? What's your experience so far? This is my first car with Start/Stop, hence wondering is it just a gimmick or it really helps in the FC.

I cannot recall the source, but yes definitely safe and ok to use, especially since Lexus start/stop quite smooth compared to some *ahem* competitors...

But as it uses battery and starter motor more, you may consider switching it off when in stop/start traffic in super hot weather e.g. Melaka jonker street peak hour lunchtime jam to avoid overheating/wear. Other than extreme situations, it is designed to handle the load so don't worry :)

the blue is nice.

Have you seen the video from Lexus? There are 2 blues - the normal one quite nice, but there is a premium Structural Blue that is made with a special process containing 0 blue pigment. 

Youtube with explanation: 

Webpage with explanation: https://www.lexus.eu/discover-lexus/lexus-news/lc-structural-blue#hero

Real life Youtube: 

Also at Geneva 2018 auto show, there is a new UX slotting below the NX. Chief engineer Chika Kako was also responsible for CT200h, which is rumoured to be replaced by this UX. Brand new 2.0 NA with 40% thermal efficiency or brand new 2.0 hybrid 178hp (vs Prius 122hp) on the new GA-C platform.

post-151638-0-35450800-1520430028.jpg

post-151638-0-89131200-1520430052.jpg

post-151638-0-03821500-1520430060_thumb.jpg

post-151638-0-68276200-1520429293_thumb.jpg

If you look closely, the airvent uses one single knob to adjust air flow and direction. The LED is powered wirelessly and uses the same mirror effect featured in the new LC/LS lights.

Full Lexus UX press release at: https://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/lexus/21357143.html

WARNING: SUPER LONG PRESS RELEASE WITH VARIOUS TECH DETAILS INSIDE

Edited by Gemmoglock
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Some interesting titbits from the annoucements:

Low centre of gravity

The UX has the lowest centre of gravity of any vehicle in its class, thanks to the design of the global architecture-C platform. This characteristic, central to the car's fine ride and handling quality, is also supported by weight-saving measures in the body construction, including the use of lightweight aluminium for the side doors, fenders and hood, as well as a resin material for the back door.

My own NX is 100% steel.... lower-range UX now got exotic materials

• Praise 4

Hi

Needed help here ... anyone knows where to buy rim for 2010 IS250 Premium? Wife’s car has one of rim off centred. Bought second hand, no original spare. Much appreciate any leads. Thanks.

• Praise 1

Thanks Bro.

Does not match.

Looking for 2010 model.

go those tyre shop ask..many of the older IS / GS rims gathering dust in their store

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1