Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Neutral Newbie

4 doors for $150

Yes, I was told previously they use the aquarium tube but will soften or even melt if under hot sun.....feels good after installing. The ML sounds better although very tempted to change the speakers.

Hi Arogab, do you mean 4 doors for RM150?

And may I know which area you’re?

Edited by JCM
  • Praise 1

guys, anyone of you knows what engine oil does BM use for the turbo series?

my car owner manual states 0w-20. quite surprising to see such a thin oil being specified for my car.

reason i'm asking is because i remember years before, another AD used 40 oil even though 30 was recommended and the AD cited that SG is too hot to use 30. The oil they used was Shell Helix Ultra.

so i wonder if BM is also using the Lexus 40 oil instead.

my car owner manual states 0w-20. quite surprising to see such a thin oil being specified for my car.

reason i'm asking is because i remember years before, another AD used 40 oil even though 30 was recommended and the AD cited that SG is too hot to use 30. The oil they used was Shell Helix Ultra.

Last discussion with service advisor is they use 40. However i am not sure if the advisor is certain on his knowledge. Going outside for servicing after 1 year?
  • Praise 1

Last discussion with service advisor is they use 40. However i am not sure if the advisor is certain on his knowledge. Going outside for servicing after 1 year?

Thanks for the info! Yup I guess BM will not risk using such a thin oil too.

I Will be doing my 30k servicing outside.

Bought all original parts with receipt. Save a big deal of money and time.

post-1798-0-67467700-1523001213_thumb.jpeg

post-1798-0-95106200-1523001222_thumb.jpeg

post-1798-0-83255200-1523001267_thumb.jpeg

Supercharged

Earlier in this thread... there was a bro who asked BM and they said it was 30 wt engine oil. If you read the manual, 20 can be used for all temperatures including freezing, while 30 can be used for normal climates. 40 is not inside the approved list.

• Praise 3

8A8C9F02-DC65-4233-9109-C6190F55A329.jpeg

127D0051-EDB5-4725-B4E6-8F5E249F3FBA.jpeg

CE0F9688-0F31-4E62-96B3-A565ABCAB8B8.jpeg

Nice. Lexus service brochure indicate the items they will do for every service. Can just follow. However i think not worth to risk the warranty as 30k servicing acceptable pricing. I heard mazda 3 regular servicing can also hit 1k?
  • Praise 1

so you using 20? last time my subaru i used 40 or 50

for bm i was told they use castrol 40

attachicon.gif8A8C9F02-DC65-4233-9109-C6190F55A329.jpeg

attachicon.gif127D0051-EDB5-4725-B4E6-8F5E249F3FBA.jpeg

attachicon.gifCE0F9688-0F31-4E62-96B3-A565ABCAB8B8.jpeg

Supercharged

Nice. Lexus service brochure indicate the items they will do for every service. Can just follow. However i think not worth to risk the warranty as 30k servicing acceptable pricing. I heard mazda 3 regular servicing can also hit 1k?

Around 400 bucks at BM

Around 400 bucks at BM

Yeah i think 400 bucks for next 6 months warranty is acceptable. 40k servicing will be 4 figure for IS
  • Praise 1

It's $428. Pretty hefty for a simple oil change. And I have to wait half a day.

I'm not concerned about warranty since it's a Lexus where reliability is #1. If the car is a lemon, problems will have surfaced from day 1.

My car is 16 months old, running great so far. I don't expect engine and gearbox problems. Any other stuff is basically wear and tear which can't be claimed.

It's just not value for money and time imo for me.

With the parts I bought and labour charges, I won't cross $150 and 1.5 hours downtime and I can see what the mechanic is doing too.

Breakfast is $3 prata at the canteen downstairs the workshop. Parking is free.

• Praise 2

so you using 20? last time my subaru i used 40 or 50

for bm i was told they use castrol 40

I just checked with my SA, they use 30 oil just like what bro @t0y0ta mentioned.

Ya I will try 20 this time round, since its specced in the manual and it's a genuine Toyota oil. Club Lexus US forum users and BITOG users commented that this is a very good oil.

It's effectively Mobil 1 with additives specced by Toyota and UOA results of this oil is better than Mobil 1. A quart cost me $15 before GST from Transglober and it's made in USA. I need 5 quarts.

But the stockist told me they will not be bringing this oil anymore, so I will buy Mobil 1 0w-20 next.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I just checked with my SA, they use 30 oil just like what bro @t0y0ta mentioned.

Ya I will try 20 this time round, since its specced in the manual and it's a genuine Toyota oil. Club Lexus US forum users and BITOG users commented that this is a very good oil.

It's effectively Mobil 1 with additives specced by Toyota and UOA results of this oil is better than Mobil 1. A quart cost me $15 before GST from Transglober and it's made in USA. I need 5 quarts.

But the stockist told me they will not be bringing this oil anymore, so I will buy Mobil 1 0w-20 next.

Transglober not bringing in anymore? Why leh?... pity

BTW where is your workshop?

Transglober not bringing in anymore? Why leh?... pity

BTW where is your workshop?

I use Garage Republic.

There's no demand for this oil so they've stopped bringing it in.

@blueray I meant this black panther. It was beside the LC when I went on Good Friday.

post-1798-0-48122000-1523027028_thumb.jpeg

I use Garage Republic.

There's no demand for this oil so they've stopped bringing it in.

@blueray I meant this black panther. It was beside the LC when I went on Good Friday.

attachicon.gif093D63F8-B35F-4BBF-8CA8-2347E5500463.jpeg

oh, I did not noticed this lei.

the LC caught my eye so took some pics while my friend was chatting with the SE.

↡ Advertisement