Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Supersonic

Mai stress. Buy sg favouritest C180 n go order this from taobao

post-1105-0-06973000-1526350030.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Merc and BMW so far so good. Only little burps here and there.

Merc changed front brake sensor twice.

BMW changed driver power window motor. Now insturment panel got sound. This F30 built is not as good as E90 325.

Friends said Lexus is like once you go black, you dont go back that kind of thing. I dont own it will not understand. Its like conti power/torque with jap ride comfort.

Got a neighbor from Evoque to Macan and end up with both NX and RX. Make me wonder. 

Is it true Lexus owners?

@SOYA- i usually de-badged my car to look more weakling. :gangs:

Edited by Free2d

Supercharged

BMW changed driver power window motor. Now insturment panel got sound. This F30 built is not as good as E90 325.

Friends said Lexus is like once you go black, you dont go back that kind of thing. I dont own it will not understand. Its like conti power/torque with jap ride comfort.

Got a neighbor from Evoque to Macan and end up with both NX and RX. Make me wonder.

Is it true Lexus owners?

Not true at least for me . I went from conti to Lexus and back to conti and never look back . I will stay with conti for as long as I can .

did you do the transmission oil drain and refill and axle oil change on your 20k? when my GS warranty expired, i continued to go back to BM for this only.

Did my servicing this morning with the Toyota 20 weight oil.

the car feels lighter on the throttle and the revs seem to pull faster.

let's see if my FC improves. Hit my milestone of 30000km today.

attachicon.gif0AE7BFA5-E4CA-4F0D-B827-AA3CD934D16E.jpeg

did you do the transmission oil drain and refill and axle oil change on your 20k? when my GS warranty expired, i continued to go back to BM for this only.

Nope. I don't remember they changed this. I did my 20k at BM.

Not true...me is W203 C350 -> Lexus GS450h -> GLC250

all have their pros and cons.

the only pattern I see is that your friends might have been young and driving contis with power, gadgets, handling and more willing to handle the electronic/mechanical gremlins of more performance oriented contis...once they reach middle age or older, Lexus is a brand that gives you comfort and reliability which older folks appreciate better...that's why they they don't bother to go back.

Just my theory. :D

Is it true Lexus owners?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

It's $428. Pretty hefty for a simple oil change. And I have to wait half a day.

I'm not concerned about warranty since it's a Lexus where reliability is #1. If the car is a lemon, problems will have surfaced from day 1.

My car is 16 months old, running great so far. I don't expect engine and gearbox problems. Any other stuff is basically wear and tear which can't be claimed.

It's just not value for money and time imo for me.

With the parts I bought and labour charges, I won't cross $150 and 1.5 hours downtime and I can see what the mechanic is doing too.

Breakfast is $3 prata at the canteen downstairs the workshop. Parking is free.

Turbocharged

They do it at 40k . 

Turbocharged

Not true...me is W203 C350 -> Lexus GS450h -> GLC250

all have their pros and cons.

the only pattern I see is that your friends might have been young and driving contis with power, gadgets, handling and more willing to handle the electronic/mechanical gremlins of more performance oriented contis...once they reach middle age or older, Lexus is a brand that gives you comfort and reliability which older folks appreciate better...that's why they they don't bother to go back.

Just my theory. :D

Well said, it is a person's character to decide what to drive. Just like my friend whom still thinking of getting GFs buying a BMW 420 and telling my car is comfortable when he sits in it.

Well said, it is a person's character to decide what to drive. Just like my friend whom still thinking of getting GFs buying a BMW 420 and telling my car is comfortable when he sits in it.

Because the seats (and the interior) of the 3er and 4er really sucks ma.

Only 5er and above are comfy for bimmers.

The compact exec class, Volvo has the best seats with Lexus second. But Lexus has ventilated seats which is a huge plus point.

Merc has the best interior with Lexus second.

All are just my personal opinions.

Supersonic

16 months running 30k....... :TT_TT: ,my 13th month still have not even reach 8k.

If u work out your $$ per km of usage, tink u pengsan...

(edited)

As getting older, BMW rides n seats are getting more uncomfortable.

I only drive alone. I don't like big car. So prefer small yet powerful car. That y looking at merc n lexus. If 4 cylinders i would have gotten CLA45

When with family i use wife CRV.

Edited by Free2d

As getting older, BMW rides n seats are getting more uncomfortable.

I only drive alone. I don't like big car. So prefer small yet powerful car. That y looking at merc n lexus. If 4 cylinders i would have gotten CLA45

When with family i use wife CRV.

Is it a health or seat problem?

Are you sure you want to get CLA45 which is quite harsh?

Neither. Just find the ride firm/harsh. Downsizing from 19" to 18" soon.

I find conti cars have better seat lumber support than jap car.

Supersonic

My friend brought the 2 series MPV.

He find it comfy but I don't. Still prefer the 2 series coupe.

(edited)

BTW, just to update. There's no change in FC after the switch from the 30 weight oil that BM uses to the original Toyota 20 weight motor oil.

Driving experience seems normal too although I feel that throttle is lighter and rpm needle moves up more effortlessly.

Will switch back to 30 weight oil for my next oil change at 40,000km. Likely Mobil 1 or Schaeffer Supreme.

Thinking of adding a Defi Oil Temp gauge but there's nowhere I can put.

Edited by Theoldjaffa

I think I posted here before about my hit and run case.

After 3 months I finally got closure via private settlement at a repair cost far lower than what it'll have cost if claimed under insurance.

From this

post-1798-0-26462700-1526474736_thumb.jpeg

To this

post-1798-0-24483700-1526474791_thumb.jpeg

Dechromed the grille shortly after for a wider and more sporty look machiam the LC

post-1798-0-76572300-1526474820_thumb.jpeg

F-Sport IS200t owners, does your car come with foglamps? I can't seem to find it at stockists. Now there's a glaring hole at the foglamp area in mine.

Are there any mesh covering the opening at the sides of the grille? Mine is also open now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3