Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Twincharged

I think I posted here before about my hit and run case.

After 3 months I finally got closure via private settlement at a repair cost far lower than what it'll have cost if claimed under insurance.

From this

93ACF907-8CE6-4418-B264-7EAF3799ED89.jpeg

To this

FC1D2F00-E466-47B3-B938-A6FB66A3269E.jpeg

Dechromed the grille shortly after for a wider and more sporty look machiam the LC

021E3438-737E-4681-8C65-06FE0A7BEED6.jpeg

F-Sport IS200t owners, does your car come with foglamps? I can't seem to find it at stockists. Now there's a glaring hole at the foglamp area in mine.

Are there any mesh covering the opening at the sides of the grille? Mine is also open now.

Cannot use back the fogs on the orig bumper? That’s funny
↡ Advertisement

Merc and BMW so far so good. Only little burps here and there.

Merc changed front brake sensor twice.

BMW changed driver power window motor. Now insturment panel got sound. This F30 built is not as good as E90 325.

Friends said Lexus is like once you go black, you dont go back that kind of thing. I dont own it will not understand. Its like conti power/torque with jap ride comfort.

Got a neighbor from Evoque to Macan and end up with both NX and RX. Make me wonder.

Is it true Lexus owners?

@SOYA- i usually de-badged my car to look more weakling. :gangs:

Maybe you can try Lexus or ask your neighbour why they chose it. My Wife looked at the GLC, XC60, Q5 and Evoque but ended up with an NX... main reason - SERVICE.

You will feel the Lexus service when you walk into the showroom. I live by the rule that I will never buy the same brand of car again but with the Lexus I am thinking of ditching that stupid rule.

After 3 months I finally got closure via private settlement at a repair cost far lower than what it'll have cost if claimed under insurance.

From this

93ACF907-8CE6-4418-B264-7EAF3799ED89.jpeg

To this

FC1D2F00-E466-47B3-B938-A6FB66A3269E.jpeg

Dechromed the grille shortly after for a wider and more sporty look machiam the LC

021E3438-737E-4681-8C65-06FE0A7BEED6.jpeg

F-Sport IS200t owners, does your car come with foglamps? I can't seem to find it at stockists. Now there's a glaring hole at the foglamp area in mine.

Are there any mesh covering the opening at the sides of the grille? Mine is also open now.

Nice conversion! Can PM to share the cost and where you did it?
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Maybe you can try Lexus or ask your neighbour why they chose it. My Wife looked at the GLC, XC60, Q5 and Evoque but ended up with an NX... main reason - SERVICE.

You will feel the Lexus service when you walk into the showroom. I live by the rule that I will never buy the same brand of car again but with the Lexus I am thinking of ditching that stupid rule.

Only a non car lover will say they buy a car cause of the service! A petrol head will always buy the car for what the car is.

Supersonic

From this

attachicon.gif93ACF907-8CE6-4418-B264-7EAF3799ED89.jpeg

To this

attachicon.gifFC1D2F00-E466-47B3-B938-A6FB66A3269E.jpeg

attachicon.gif021E3438-737E-4681-8C65-06FE0A7BEED6.jpeg

Erm, why you change the grille and bumper design?

Turbocharged

Because the seats (and the interior) of the 3er and 4er really sucks ma.

Only 5er and above are comfy for bimmers.

The compact exec class, Volvo has the best seats with Lexus second. But Lexus has ventilated seats which is a huge plus point.

Merc has the best interior with Lexus second.

All are just my personal opinions.

True, but still the style of it when the ladies sit in it is plus. To my character, maybe next round if possible, go for the Merc

If u work out your $$ per km of usage, tink u pengsan...

Bro, I can calculate it, but I wanna drive when I come back each time and I want the ES cos of my character too. When I like it, look at myself and just whack. Haha 

My friend brought the 2 series MPV.

He find it comfy but I don't. Still prefer the 2 series coupe.

• Praise 1

Only a non car lover will say they buy a car cause of the service! A petrol head will always buy the car for what the car is.

You are probably right, I am speaking as a general car buyer. I use to think I am a Petrol-head after owning a Ford Focus ST and Alfa driving like a maniac but I guess age is catching up... I just want a smooth drive these days.

A wise guy once told me - "Whatever you knew from the past is probably wrong... Time to learn something new..."

Twincharged

You are probably right, I am speaking as a general car buyer. I use to think I am a Petrol-head after owning a Ford Focus ST and Alfa driving like a maniac but I guess age is catching up... I just want a smooth drive these days.

A wise guy once told me - "Whatever you knew from the past is probably wrong... Time to learn something new..."

well, you have been there and done that. enough said.

• Praise 1

That's aging process.

:XD:

True, but still the style of it when the ladies sit in it is plus. To my character, maybe next round if possible, go for the Merc

Bro, I can calculate it, but I wanna drive when I come back each time and I want the ES cos of my character too. When I like it, look at myself and just whack. Haha 

It is really to each and his own, for me I do not drive harsh. Enough power from the ES liao. I prefer to have a spacious comfy ride. Same when I carry the old folks around. I made my point to ensure the old folks are happy cost when I used to have the Jimny from the 80s, my mother just not happy.

Sounds like you are a chauffeur le

A car lover does not have to be a petrol head. Just saying.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Sounds like you are a chauffeur le

Indeed, so when I out of job, I will be back to drive PHV :grin: 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

For me, the overall ownership experience counts. Dun like the buay siong feeling after paying so much

(edited)

I look at it pragmatically.....

my annual mileage is pretty low, so I had to be reminded to go back to get the 1st servicing done at 1 year mark by my car onboard computer when my mileage is only 2/3 of the minimum mileage for servicing.

So for me to consider the servicing level as a top consideration for a once a year event over the other consideration like car design, fit and finish and drive which I am to face daily, it doesn't make any sense at all.

but of course caveat is the service level must be decent for the category of car you buy. 

(ps. I have experienced mercedes and lexus service before to make such a statement)

Edited by Vratenza

From this

attachicon.gif93ACF907-8CE6-4418-B264-7EAF3799ED89.jpeg

To this

attachicon.gifFC1D2F00-E466-47B3-B938-A6FB66A3269E.jpeg

attachicon.gif021E3438-737E-4681-8C65-06FE0A7BEED6.jpeg

Can PM me also to share cost and place for grill upgrade?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

the latest Lexus IS300 17" rims are made by Enkei or BBS?

Probably some generic parts supplier... you think only Enkei or BBS make wheels?

Only confirm is that the top range F models - GS F, RC F uses BBS forged rims MIJ.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1