Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Supersonic

Yes Sir.. with APR Stage 1.. 400+ hp [:p]

Liddat consperm u itchy backside onli. Dun need to change liao
  • Praise 1

Do NOT buy Lexus. I just bought one 5 months ago and I am now regretting. The car GPS does NOT work properly - it has brought us to the wrong places many times. The attitude of the Lexus staff is really bad - their attitude is that the GPS comes with the car and there is nothing they can do about it. One more ridiculous and frustrating thing about the car is that all systems shuts down once the car is in motion - for eg if you change your mind about going to a particular place, you cannot change the destination you have set unless you stop your car and this is impossible if you are on the highway. You are also not able to move your chair unless you do so manually and these features are really frustrating!!

• Dislike 3

Supercharged

Do NOT buy Lexus. I just bought one 5 months ago and I am now regretting. The car GPS does NOT work properly - it has brought us to the wrong places many times. The attitude of the Lexus staff is really bad - their attitude is that the GPS comes with the car and there is nothing they can do about it. One more ridiculous and frustrating thing about the car is that all systems shuts down once the car is in motion - for eg if you change your mind about going to a particular place, you cannot change the destination you have set unless you stop your car and this is impossible if you are on the highway. You are also not able to move your chair unless you do so manually and these features are really frustrating!!

Which country are you from?

Built-in GPS yes the standard Toyota maps are very ordinary, but not sure about wrong routing, did you try to use voice command to set destination? (available in USA if you are from there).

Not being able to tweak GPS yes it is a common safety "feature" once in motion. I encountered that using 3rd party Garmin GPS also.

Not being able to move your chair? What do you mean? the electric chair adjustments don't work? should not be the case unless motors are spoilt.

Which country are you from?

Built-in GPS yes the standard Toyota maps are very ordinary, but not sure about wrong routing, did you try to use voice command to set destination? (available in USA if you are from there).

Not being able to tweak GPS yes it is a common safety "feature" once in motion. I encountered that using 3rd party Garmin GPS also.

Not being able to move your chair? What do you mean? the electric chair adjustments don't work? should not be the case unless motors are spoilt.

he is a troller lah

Supersonic

Any videos to show these defects?

I am NOT a troller. I am from Singapore, hence voice command is not available. This feature of shutting down the system when car is in motion is not a legal requirement here in Singapore and it is silly as the passenger can always be the one to change the destination, not necessarily the driver.

I am very unhappy with Lexus due to the attitude of the staff. They acknowledged that their system have problems and yet refused to do anything for the customer and this car caused me a lot of money.

It is not possible to have videos as proof as the GPS is just leading me to the wrong place and the sales manager had the cheek to say that doing an update will NOT help. I asked him why do they have updates to the GPS then if it is pointless to update the system?

With regard to the chair, I am referring to the memory positions set - these don't work when car is in motion.

I am NOT a troller. I am from Singapore, hence voice command is not available. This feature of shutting down the system when car is in motion is not a legal requirement here in Singapore and it is silly as the passenger can always be the one to change the destination, not necessarily the driver.

I am very unhappy with Lexus due to the attitude of the staff. They acknowledged that their system have problems and yet refused to do anything for the customer and this car caused me a lot of money.

It is not possible to have videos as proof as the GPS is just leading me to the wrong place and the sales manager had the cheek to say that doing an update will NOT help. I asked him why do they have updates to the GPS then if it is pointless to update the system?

With regard to the chair, I am referring to the memory positions set - these don't work when car is in motion.

The car didn't choose you.

It is you who chose the car.

Therefore, the problem lies in you.

Don't blame the car for not being able to do this and that.

Blame yourself for not making an informed choice before you signed.

Now do the right thing, sell that car and do yourself (and us) a favour and stop letting the whole world know about your mistake.

• Praise 3

This is meant as a forum to let car users know the personal experiences of car owners and I am just sharing the disadvantages of this car so that people can make informed decisions.

This is meant as a forum to let car users know the personal experiences of car owners and I am just sharing the disadvantages of this car so that people can make informed decisions.

Those points you mentioned are not disadvantages.

And your very first post here starts with "Do NOT buy Lexus."

Now you're saying you're "just sharing" so that people can "make informed choices"?

From outright telling people to not buy Lexus to sharing to make informed choices.

To me your credibility is zero and your prata skills is 100.

This is my last post from me to you.

• Praise 1

Which Lexus model did you buy and which trim?

From your complaints, it all seem to boil down to the design/setup not suiting your needs rather than any mechanical/electronic/software faults.

All the issues you pointed out are safety features rather than bad designs.

Supersonic

You probably got a lemon. 

6th Gear
(edited)

U mean u have car before that can switch between memory position while the car is in motion ?

Tell me the model leh. Need to report them for the safety flaw

Edited by L23
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1