Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Supercharged

I am NOT a troller. I am from Singapore, hence voice command is not available. This feature of shutting down the system when car is in motion is not a legal requirement here in Singapore and it is silly as the passenger can always be the one to change the destination, not necessarily the driver.

I am very unhappy with Lexus due to the attitude of the staff. They acknowledged that their system have problems and yet refused to do anything for the customer and this car caused me a lot of money.

It is not possible to have videos as proof as the GPS is just leading me to the wrong place and the sales manager had the cheek to say that doing an update will NOT help. I asked him why do they have updates to the GPS then if it is pointless to update the system?

With regard to the chair, I am referring to the memory positions set - these don't work when car is in motion.

Unfortunately I think your points 2 & 3 may just be the design of the car based on safety considerations - and not sure if the other brands like Bimmer/Merc/Audi have different designs.

For GPS leading to wrong place - do you mind telling us more details? - because from what I extrapolate, seems like you set the wrong address and because you could not change it while car is moving, the GPS directions become irrelevant to helping you. Thus your beef about GPS wrong and not able to modify it in motion etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Seat motor unable to move due to stress.... [lipsrsealed]

Frankly I dont buy car based on seats and map,

It's the drive, safety features, power, torque etc.

Comfort and ergonomics of seat is important to me though

Turbocharged

I am NOT a troller. I am from Singapore, hence voice command is not available. This feature of shutting down the system when car is in motion is not a legal requirement here in Singapore and it is silly as the passenger can always be the one to change the destination, not necessarily the driver.

This feature is to prevent drivers for setting GPS destination while driving. If u hv a passenger in the car and need to change destination...there are a lot of much better apps like waze, Singapore Map, google map...etc your passenger can use. Honestly speaking...most of my "passengers" are more familiar to set their HP map than my car's GPS...lets be realistic abt it.

I am very unhappy with Lexus due to the attitude of the staff. They acknowledged that their system have problems and yet refused to do anything for the customer and this car caused me a lot of money.

Lexus is considered as one of the best in costumer service liao. Maybe u shld go try some others n see.

It is not possible to have videos as proof as the GPS is just leading me to the wrong place and the sales manager had the cheek to say that doing an update will NOT help. I asked him why do they have updates to the GPS then if it is pointless to update the system?

How often the GPS lead u to wrong place? In my case during test drive the SE alrdy told me abt the map was't up to date and it's too ex to update it but after using almost coming to 1yr liao...so far nvr lead me to wrong place before. 

With regard to the chair, I am referring to the memory positions set - these don't work when car is in motion.

Do u know how dangerous if memory seat positions can be adjusted while driving? Anyway u can always manually adjust if u really feel very comfortable when car in motion so whats the problem? 

• Praise 2

Do NOT buy Lexus. I just bought one 5 months ago and I am now regretting. The car GPS does NOT work properly - it has brought us to the wrong places many times. The attitude of the Lexus staff is really bad - their attitude is that the GPS comes with the car and there is nothing they can do about it. One more ridiculous and frustrating thing about the car is that all systems shuts down once the car is in motion - for eg if you change your mind about going to a particular place, you cannot change the destination you have set unless you stop your car and this is impossible if you are on the highway. You are also not able to move your chair unless you do so manually and these features are really frustrating!!

GPS outdated - Actually Toyota car GPS also outdated, so other brands I also know have the issue too. Actually Lexus staff is right, there is really nothing they can do about it. You should have checked this GPS thing before you buy Lexus if you are very particular about GPS.

Car shuts system down when car is in motion - actually most car have this safety feature. This is a intended safety feature. It is very dangerous for you to change your GPS destination when car is in motion. Alot of other car brand have this safety feature. I am not sure why you are complaining about this. This is a good to have feature. Again, if you are very particular about this feature, you should enquire this before you buy Lexus.

Regarding memory seat, mine can be adjusted when car is in motion. When i press button 1, or 2 or 3, it auto adjust my seat even when in motion. If you are very particular about this feature, you should also enquire first before you buy Lexus.

Sorry to hear that you don't like your car

• Praise 1

(edited)

Most cars' GPS cannot be changed during driving. One must stop or at park before it allows any changes. My E is the same as well. I was told its LTA rule. By the way, I need to pay extra (in 4 digits close to 5 ) for my GPS! . 

Edited by Krieger

Do NOT buy Lexus. I just bought one 5 months ago and I am now regretting. The car GPS does NOT work properly - it has brought us to the wrong places many times. The attitude of the Lexus staff is really bad - their attitude is that the GPS comes with the car and there is nothing they can do about it. One more ridiculous and frustrating thing about the car is that all systems shuts down once the car is in motion - for eg if you change your mind about going to a particular place, you cannot change the destination you have set unless you stop your car and this is impossible if you are on the highway. You are also not able to move your chair unless you do so manually and these features are really frustrating!!

Sorry. Can't help it but you're obviously a troll. Didn't you even try out the infotainment system during your test drive? Everyone can now mount a mobile phone and navigate via Google maps. FYI the pre facelift is200t did not even come with GPS built in. The SE is right to tell you that they can't do anything. Do you expect them to get a compile a map update for you from scratch when lexus has not made any update available? And what do you mean by move a chair manually?
  • Praise 1

To writer Theoldjaffa - you are obviously a lexus sales person trying to earn your keeps - I will ignore all your posts henceforth as all your posts are personal and not related to the car. The same goes to writer clarjoa.

I thank all others who have provided me with good feedback.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

To writer Theoldjaffa - you are obviously a lexus sales person trying to earn your keeps - I will ignore all your posts henceforth as all your posts are personal and not related to the car. The same goes to writer clarjoa.

Mind to share which Lexus model you bought and which year ? How’s the mileage like now ? Edited by RH1667

actually he sells Rolls Royce at sungei kadut showroom.

actually he sells Rolls Royce at sungei kadut showroom.

Oh! I read from other thread he is selling tissue paper to pass time when his grand kids are in schools.
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

Hi there, communications in online forum easily misunderstood so try not to take it to heart.

Generally Lexus/Toyota infotainment system and GPS is one of their weak links. Most of us still purchase in spite of this weakness due to other perceived advantages - so can say we go in eyes wide open.

For your issues, perhaps some training or getting accustomed to the characteristics of the system may help to defuse some of the negative feeling. Maybe you can discuss with the service center what else can be done - updating the maps or system version may still be good even without directly changing some of the behaviour that annoyed you.

Even though it is not a legal requirement in Singapore, it is a legal requirement in other bigger market.

Most factory will follow the stricter requirement.

It seems that Lexus Singapore has no solution to your problem.  What can the staff do for you?

It is a common knowledge that car in Singapore "caused owner a lot of money"

(edited)

You probably got a lemon.

Both my gs and es are like this. When in motion, toggle between memory seat setting will be disabled. But than who will drive half way change sit setting drastically de. If the car has more than 1 driver, wouldnt he adjust it to his setting before he drives off. Anyway the 2 key fob can register different setting once the car is started. Edited by Earthboy
  • Praise 1

Most cars' GPS cannot be changed during driving. One must stop or at park before it allows any changes. My E is the same as well. I was told its LTA rule. By the way, I need to pay extra (in 4 digits close to 5 ) for my GPS! .

Nowaday wase and Google maps is good enough. No need to spend this type of money although I do agree there are advantages of it integrated with the infotainment system and aesthetically more pleasant too.

(edited)

Most car gps not real live traffic condition. Lots of ppl still using google map and wase becos of this

No offence, car is a big ticket items. Do ur fair share of research thru youtube review and test drive to minimise disappointment.

Edited by Bacteria83

Supersonic

Oh! I read from other thread he is selling tissue paper to pass time when his grand kids are in schools.

Supersonic

Ppl still using car GPS??

Doesn’t everyone hv a hp w Google map or Waze nowadays?

• Praise 2

(edited)

Let me tell u a secret - He’s actually a Lexus ambassador-at-large.... for spare parts department Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1