Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

To writer Theoldjaffa - you are obviously a lexus sales person trying to earn your keeps - I will ignore all your posts henceforth as all your posts are personal and not related to the car. The same goes to writer clarjoa.

I thank all others who have provided me with good feedback.

LOL dun tried to act smart when you are not will make you look dun!!

Theoldjaffa is not a Lexus sales person you fool!!! go see his post history before trying to assume anything, cause this will make you look STUPID! 

I know Theoldjaffa since our Alfa Romeo ownership days!! so he give alot of comment and feedback in 

Alfa forum make him an Alfa salesman too?!?!?!

what a MORON!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Theoldjaffa is not a Lexus sales person you fool!!! go see his post history before trying to assume anything, cause this will make you look STUPID! 

I know Theoldjaffa since our Alfa Romeo ownership days!! so he give alot of comment and feedback in 

what a MORON!

Any kind of factual inputs are useful to readers, be it from SE or not.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Oh! I read from other thread he is selling tissue paper to pass time when his grand kids are in schools.

post-76438-0-11654900-1528641460_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

So, he is ex Alfa sales person, now in Lexus ah?  [laugh]  [:p]

what a MORON!

I am not in Lexus sales and in fact I am not Lexus fan also.

1) As other bros clarified, it is illegal in US or many European countries, Lexus would have just left as it is for Singapore too. Solution: Try to see if you can "code" it. I am sorry I do not have experience of doing this in Lexus. Other brands - yes.

2) I visited Lexus a couple of years back, in my experience, I would say the service was top-notch. If you complain about them, I am sure you have never bought from other agencies like PML

3) I am quite surprised on taking you to a wrong place. No idea on this.

4) One way, it is safe not to change seat positions while driving. Assume that husband is a six-footer and wife is five footer. if wife presses husband's memory and a PHV cuts in front!  

I am NOT a troller. I am from Singapore, hence voice command is not available. This feature of shutting down the system when car is in motion is not a legal requirement here in Singapore and it is silly as the passenger can always be the one to change the destination, not necessarily the driver.

I am very unhappy with Lexus due to the attitude of the staff. They acknowledged that their system have problems and yet refused to do anything for the customer and this car caused me a lot of money.

It is not possible to have videos as proof as the GPS is just leading me to the wrong place and the sales manager had the cheek to say that doing an update will NOT help. I asked him why do they have updates to the GPS then if it is pointless to update the system?

With regard to the chair, I am referring to the memory positions set - these don't work when car is in motion.

Supersonic

GS on chopping board for very long time. Confirm RIP. By sales number, GS and probably RC should kena. IS should survive for at least 1 more new gen.

With the ES getting bigger, the GS makes no sense these days.

It is like cannibalising each other sales. 

IS is a 3 series and C class competitor.

They don't have to axe it. They have to improve it to make it more exciting.

• Praise 1

Just asking if anyone interested in 5 yrs model: GS350 ?

My customer is selling his car ..

PM me if interested..

Super Nice condition.

• Praise 6

wonder if BM will have any clearance sale for their GS stock ? [inlove]

Most likely but then again, unlikely to advertise big big. Just have to try your luck when u visit their showroom.

My friend got a super deal when he walked in last year and the SE offer him a IS at a super attractive deal.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

I own a es250 the facelift one. No complaints about the car.

Iirc the sale person told me that the new model will come out in 2020

He sounded very sure when I asked him again.

This was one consideration why I bought it

As it was 2016 then, so another 4yrs to go before it goes a total model change

A few weeks ago, he messaged me that the all new es will be in the showroom in October.

Either he himself din know it then or he just faking

I dunno

Anyway, thankfully it’s been a problem free car

Super reliable

Takes me to anywhere I want to go, anytime

• Praise 3

Most likely but then again, unlikely to advertise big big. Just have to try your luck when u visit their showroom.

My friend got a super deal when he walked in last year and the SE offer him a IS at a super attractive deal.

Can share what deal? 170k, 5 years warranty and free servicing, solar film, car cam, 3M floor mat and $500 petrol vouchers? :D

If IS and GS killed off then they ES should be made RWD .

Personally I think they should retain the IS and upgrade the ES to replace the GS .

From the reviews there seems to be a hump on the floor of the back seat... AWD upgrade?
  • Praise 1

Its a beatiful experience to drive my lexus ES.The car is well designed both interior and exterior ad the engine is great.I want to know who makes lexus .

"Lexus vehicles are largely produced in Japan, with manufacturing centered in the Chūbu and Kyūshū regions, and in particular at Toyota's Tahara, Aichi, Chūbu and Miyata, Fukuoka, Kyūshū plants. Assembly of the first Lexus built outside the country, the Ontario, Canada-produced RX 330, began in 2003." - Wikipedia

Basically Lexus are made in Toyota factories and the actual cost of manufacturing is only 20% more compared to tbe similar Toyota models (e.g. OMV of NX300 is about 40K and Harrier is about 33K). As to why we are paying 30-40% premium for Lexus... There are a lot of different theories.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2