Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Stuttering means the speaker paper cone(yes....ML speakers are paper cones <_< ) already worn and torn.

I had mine replaced at 7 yrs.

Anyone has experience on repairing mark levinson speakers (degraded foam on front 2 doors) ? On my gs450h and dont feel like replacing since the speaker still sounds alright, just stuttering

how long do you intend to keep the car? just replace the front 2 speakers. a few hundreds for a few years of use is quite ok imo.

Anyone has experience on repairing mark levinson speakers (degraded foam on front 2 doors) ? On my gs450h and dont feel like replacing since the speaker still sounds alright, just stuttering

So I had to crank twice to start my car. Happened twice in the last 4 weeks. Typically after I did not drive for 2 days. Also, I noticed my voltmeter hasn't indicated 12.3v when I'm driving (that's the usual). Instead, it's always 13.6 to 14v. This shows my battery required constant charging.

My car is turning 2 in 3 weeks' time, so I thought of changing to a new battery before I go overseas at the end of the month.

Msged my SA just now at 4+ and asked him about how much it cost to replace the battery within warranty period. He responded quickly and got the Lexus breakdown team to contact me.

The mechanic called me at 5+ and said he will be at my place at 6. I was mighty impressed. 5.50 he reached my place already, before I'm even home.

Did a battery test, confirmed the battery is weak and due for replacement. Got a brand new Bosch battery FOC.

post-1798-0-12512800-1541598688_thumb.jpeg

My car has a smart alternator, that's why need to use this Hightec AMS battery. It's suitable for the start/stop system too. Google Bosch AMS to learn more.

Overall, Lexus service is

• Praise 3

So I had to crank twice to start my car. Happened twice in the last 4 weeks. Typically after I did not drive for 2 days. Also, I noticed my voltmeter hasn't indicated 12.3v when I'm driving (that's the usual). Instead, it's always 13.6 to 14v. This shows my battery required constant charging.

My car is turning 2 in 3 weeks' time, so I thought of changing to a new battery before I go overseas at the end of the month.

Msged my SA just now at 4+ and asked him about how much it cost to replace the battery within warranty period. He responded quickly and got the Lexus breakdown team to contact me.

The mechanic called me at 5+ and said he will be at my place at 6. I was mighty impressed. 5.50 he reached my place already, before I'm even home.

Did a battery test, confirmed the battery is weak and due for replacement. Got a brand new Bosch battery FOC.

attachicon.gifE1050F1F-215C-4057-9C69-15039403E0D4.jpeg

My car has a smart alternator, that's why need to use this Hightec AMS battery. It's suitable for the start/stop system too. Google Bosch AMS to learn more.

On the way home just saw the latest ES250 from the side and rear..... Looks real good in flesh. [thumbsup] looks larger with more road presence than the outgoing one. 

Too bad not going for fwd car for the next change. 

I changed to this same battery twice already. Each at 1.5years old interval.

Seems like with the high current usage, occasional start-stop use and the heat from the engine, this battery can't last more than 2years.

So you paid when it's changed the second time?

Actually I was quite worried today. Cos I have 3 amps, one DSP and a woofer. Was worried he will say my stuff loads the battery so no warranty for it

So you paid when it's changed the second time?

Actually I was quite worried today. Cos I have 3 amps, one DSP and a woofer. Was worried he will say my stuff loads the battery so no warranty for it

• Praise 1

E1050F1F-215C-4057-9C69-15039403E0D4.jpeg

Overall, Lexus service is ðªðªðð

Should I put a Nanopulser to see if I can enhance shelf life of the battery?

Just curious.

I have Apexi RSM on my ride and the batt voltage always hover around 13.4-13.8 when driving. The only time it dropped to 11.x was when my alternator failed.

The start-stop function is the reason why your voltage when driving is around 12.x? Mine 2009 ride and there’s no start-stop function.

Also, does the function also call for another type of battery?

Just curious.

I have Apexi RSM on my ride and the batt voltage always hover around 13.4-13.8 when driving. The only time it dropped to 11.x was when my alternator failed.

The start-stop function is the reason why your voltage when driving is around 12.x? Mine 2009 ride and thereâs no start-stop function.

Also, does the function also call for another type of battery?

Mines the 2016 model and is equiped with the Alternator Management System (AMS)

When driving, if the battery is sufficiently charged, or during low loads, the Alternator is disconnected. http://www.answers.com/Q/How_does_alternator_management_system_works

AMS and Start/Stop are two different things. This Bosch battery supports both AMS and start/stop.

http://sg.bosch-automotive.com/vi/products/details/-/info/0092S67016

• Praise 2

I agreed Borneo/Lexus does provide good service.

Just want to highlight much-lesser priced cars sold by some agents the latter do provide similar good service too.  I was with my brother when his Passat could not start.  He called up VW agent, and a tech was dispatched to his car.  The tech who served with fantastic attitude was driving a car loaded full of new batteries.  The worn-out battery was replaced with a new one at absolutely no charge.  The car was a few months shy of the 3-year warranty expiry.  

I would certainly consider VW car in my future purchases.

attachicon.gifE1050F1F-215C-4057-9C69-15039403E0D4.jpeg

• Praise 2

Hi bro and sis Lexuser,

Just curious did any of you extend the warranty of your precious Lexus with Borneo Motor?

I own a NX, it come with a standard warranty of 5 years. During my previous servicing, the technical consultant told me I can extend the warranty for the sixth year at $3,500. Thereafter will be $4,500 per annual.

I’m very pleased with BM service and products. But have to pay for the premium.

So would like to seek for some advices from the proud owners here and do share with me your thoughts.

• Praise 1

Hi bro and sis Lexuser,

Just curious did any of you extend the warranty of your precious Lexus with Borneo Motor?

I own a NX, it come with a standard warranty of 5 years. During my previous servicing, the technical consultant told me I can extend the warranty for the sixth year at $3,500. Thereafter will be $4,500 per annual.

Iâm very pleased with BM service and products. But have to pay for the premium.

So would like to seek for some advices from the proud owners here and do share with me your thoughts.

What does the warranty cover?

What does the warranty cover?

It come with 2 serving package worth about $800 and cover most important parts like engine, gear box, ECU and suspension. But wear and tear parts (brake pads and tyres) not included.

Although I have confidence and trusted Toyota/Lexus reliability, but they do breakdown under some circumstances. Thus, wondering does it worth to invest in the warranty package?

What is your opinion bro?

It come with 2 serving package worth about $800 and cover most important parts like engine, gear box, ECU and suspension. But wear and tear parts (brake pads and tyres) not included.

Although I have confidence and trusted Toyota/Lexus reliability, but they do breakdown under some circumstances. Thus, wondering does it worth to invest in the warranty package?

Yes my SA did tell me before, but apparently can sign up anything before your 5  yr warranty end, so no hurry.

I find the differential (2.7k) per year a bit too much. I probably won't sign up

Personally I won't take it. Not worth the money.

The ones most likely that needs to be changed is suspension, and it cost a lot less to buy from stockist and install outside.

Engine and gearbox are robust and won't spoil one if you drive normally.

ECU.. lagi won't spoil.

Bro @tOyOta and @Theoldjaffa,

Thanks so much for the advice.

I do think it is very costly and agree it might not justify for the investment.

So far any of the bro and sis here encounter any issues with your beloved Lexus after 5 years old? Be it minor or major. Touch wood

Bro and Sis Lexuser,

Do you preferred to service and maintain your Lexus at AD workshop or general workshop?

How can I create a voting here? Anyone can assist or guide me please? Thanks

↡ Advertisement