Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

So this is the Lexus Owner thread ok

My RX 200t F-Sport was dented and scratched when I accidentally hit a makeshift barrier last week, send it to agent 

foKz0au.jpg

While waiting for surveyor to come back

ZSpj50b.jpg

9B4qnip.jpg

She even asked me if I wanted breakfast - American breakfast or Thai fish porridge. Very good service.

Lexus told me to repair everything including the 4 wheels rims badly scratched (by my maid as she drives if more than I) and also other parts of the body. All claim insurance. Car will be back 2 weeks.

Yesterday my maid went to collect the RX, after about 18 days in the there. She drove to pick me at the airport last night and I was pretty pleased with it. This morning  took a closer look at it and also inspected the 4 rims car and rims looked like new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmp9WGuUKGQ

72onAeb.jpg

mtS10hr.jpg

Very happy with the job.

Edited by steveluv
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Any new FL coming out for IS? Hoping to get one at good pricing in the next couple of years....

New gen IS should be out by 2020. Current gen IS was introduced in 2013

New gen IS should be out by 2020. Current gen IS was introduced in 2013

Hi I just bought a used 2016 IS200t after considering the rest of the brands. Most probably should be another week to take over the car. May I know if there is any fb group or group I can joined to know more about the car. I am new to Lexus. Thanks.

Edited by JX83
  • Praise 6

Hi I just bought a used 2016 IS200t after considering the rest of the brands. Most probably should be another week to take over the car. May I know if there is any fb group or group I can joined to know more about the car. I am new to Lexus. Thanks.

congrats buddy.welcome to the Lexus family. your IS should not be giving you any problems provided you service it on time.most wear and tear parts can lasts very long.i love the idea that it is a RWD car.if your former car was a FWD terrain,you will notice the difference  immediately.

did you purchase the FL version?how old is the car and what's e mileage?still under warranty?

anyways,you can ask any question within this forum..alot of Lexus "laucau" owners here who are more than happy to answer your needs.cheers!

• Praise 2

Congrats. U bought the white one with F Sport bumper?

I have RSR lowering springs if u keen. I used it with stock damper for 1 year before switching to coilovers.

Heh heh

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Congrats n welcome to the Lexus family!

• Praise 2

congrats buddy.welcome to the Lexus family. your IS should not be giving you any problems provided you service it on time.most wear and tear parts can lasts very long.i love the idea that it is a RWD car.if your former car was a FWD terrain,you will notice the difference immediately.

did you purchase the FL version?how old is the car and what's e mileage?still under warranty?

anyways,you can ask any question within this forum..alot of Lexus "laucau" owners here who are more than happy to answer your needs.cheers!

Haha not sure I bought the early 2016 one. 3 yrs exactly mileage about 60+.. umm is it all Lexus car after 2012 comes with 5 yrs warranty? It was told me by the dealer though since I can’t check any info on the car till I take it over next week I guess..

Congrats. U bought the white one with F Sport bumper?

I have RSR lowering springs if u keen. I used it with stock damper for 1 year before switching to coilovers.

Heh heh

Haha no I bought a black one. Maybe drive it awhile before I will start the mod lol.

Congrats n welcome to the Lexus family!

• Praise 2

Haha not sure I bought the early 2016 one. 3 yrs exactly mileage about 60+.. umm is it all Lexus car after 2012 comes with 5 yrs warranty? It was told me by the dealer though since I canât check any info on the car till I take it over next week I guess..

Haha no I bought a black one. Maybe drive it awhile before I will start the mod lol.

Depends on package. Mine is with 3 years warranty.

Depends on package. Mine is with 3 years warranty.

Thanks for the info. I guess after taking over I should make a trip down.

Haha not sure I bought the early 2016 one. 3 yrs exactly mileage about 60+.. umm is it all Lexus car after 2012 comes with 5 yrs warranty? It was told me by the dealer though since I can’t check any info on the car till I take it over next week I guess..

you can actually find out if you can remember the plate number.just call the service center and they can inform you.when i bought my 2nd hand GS,they inform me everything including the service records...provided you give them the exact plate number

Thanks for the info. I guess after taking over I should make a trip down.

Ya u should, to officially record yourself as the new owner and get the warranty transferred over. Get the servicing record from them too.

you can actually find out if you can remember the plate number.just call the service center and they can inform you.when i bought my 2nd hand GS,they inform me everything including the service records...provided you give them the exact plate number

If the owner retained his car plate, a new number will be assigned. This will make it hard to get records over the phone.

Maybe can try to take down the chassis number and use it to check instead, if the license plate is a new one.

• Praise 2

Ya u should, to officially record yourself as the new owner and get the warranty transferred over. Get the servicing record from them too.

If the owner retained his car plate, a new number will be assigned. This will make it hard to get records over the phone.

Maybe can try to take down the chassis number and use it to check instead, if the license plate is a new one.

yes..that's one way.you can also get the original plate number by the log card...i think

• Praise 1

Thanks I can only get my car on Thurs. I suppose u are on 18” for your IS right? Which is the best offset for it? If install piggyback will the throttle response improve? I gonna handover my current car to the next buyer tomorrow and going car-less for a day. Gonna miss my current car. Edited by JX83

Thanks I can only get my car on Thurs. I suppose u are on 18â for your IS right? Which is the best offset for it? If install piggyback will the throttle response improve? I gonna handover my current car to the next buyer tomorrow and going car-less for a day. Gonna miss my current car.

Hi hi, sorry I missed out replying to you.

Congrats on getting your car today!

Yup I'm on 18". Offset is a personal preference. Do you intend to go flushed? Wanna go staggered?

Hi hi, sorry I missed out replying to you.

Congrats on getting your car today!

Yup I'm on 18". Offset is a personal preference. Do you intend to go flushed? Wanna go staggered? ð

Piggyback will make normal mode become the stock sports mode, and in sports mode it becomes "sport+" if u know what I mean. There's Tom's Powerbox and Racechip available for our car.

Throttle controller will make the car's throttle response more sensitive, therefore making the drive more enjoyable. It does nothing for power through, and it doesn't eliminate the throttle lag issue from standstill.

No problem thanks for replying because ur the best person I can consult as u are driving the same model Edited by JX83
  • Praise 1

No problem thanks for replying because ur the best person I can consult as u are driving the same model ð

Most likely I go 18â flushed but not staggered later on since the current 17â Re003 still left quite abit of meat. My friend told me I could put spacer if I doesnât want staggered.

Umm thought can improved on the standstill. Haha. Still trying to get used to drive compared to my previous ride. ð

Oh is our headlight H4? Thought of changing out the yellow bulb

Mine is 18x8 ET38 square. Front is nearly flush while rear is not. To go flush maybe you can use 18x8.5 on ET35. Front will be flush but rear will still be not.

I'm getting my new wheels in Feb. 18x8.5 front ET35 and 18x9.5 rear ET45.

H4 is for halogen if I'm not wrong. Ours is HID, not sure what bulb is used. Colour temp is about 4300k which is slightly yellowish.

Stock lights are the longest lasting so nowadays I no longer change to white lights. Every bulb is my car is stock

Edited by Theoldjaffa

Mine is 18x8 ET38 square. Front is nearly flush while rear is not. To go flush maybe you can use 18x8.5 on ET35. Front will be flush but rear will still be not.

I'm getting my new wheels in Feb. 18x8.5 front ET35 and 18x9.5 rear ET45.

H4 is for halogen if I'm not wrong. Ours is HID, not sure what bulb is used. Colour temp is about 4300k which is slightly yellowish.

Stock lights are the longest lasting so nowadays I no longer change to white lights. Every bulb is my car is stock

↡ Advertisement