Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Oh ok I tot u are still in SG. Msg me when you're back, I still owe u lunch ð¬ð¬ð¬ð¬

What is heard cannot be unheard ... got free meal .

When ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

What is heard cannot be unheard ... got free meal .

When ? ð

Free meal left liao. Next time, I ask bro Kdash for meet up but also no time leh. Thot CNY is a good time but end up all ppl even more busy.

Not boss lah, I told you guys I got new job starting last year May. Damn siong, so I got no time to surf. Working many late nights and also handling customers. Some more imagine I fly 6 months China local flight and 3 US trip I got Krisflyer gold liao.... Imagine life is like in this job

did you had a chance to get hold of cai png in China or US trips

thank you.

• Praise 2

did you had a chance to get hold of cai png in China or US trips

thank you.

Where got chance.... Today will be busy again, boss coming in to review next three year's plan.... I scratching head now

Driving a 08 is250

Fuel consumption rating(shown on meter) suddenly went from 10.3 to 10.6 l/100km to 12 l/100km over the last tank... Not much change in driving route or style... But used a bottle of caltex fuel system cleaner... Shld I be looking into other aspect??

Actual consumption is usually close to 9km/l... Its below 8km/l for last tank

• Praise 2

Damn...

Next Lexus IS Might Get Supra’s BMW-Sourced Straight Six

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/02/next-lexus-might-get-supras-bmw-sourced-straight-six/

If we were to believe the latest rumors, it seems that the next-generation Lexus IS could be powered by the same BMW-developed 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six as the brand new Supra.

Japan’s Best Car magazine broke the news, and while it remains to be seen if it’s true or not, it wouldn’t be all that surprising. After all, both the BMW M340i and BMW Z4 M40i are powered by the same B58 engine as the Supra, but the German models get a healthy 382 hp while the Supra has to make do with 335 hp.

The Supra engine won’t be the only powertrain allegedly offered in the next-generation Lexus IS. In fact, the Japanese report claims that buyers will also have the choice of a 2.0-liter turbo, a 2.4-liter turbo, and a 2.5-liter hybrid.

That’s not all. The IS F could make a comeback in the model’s next generation and make use of the twin-turbo V6 from the LS 500 sedan. In its current form, this twin-turbo V6 delivers 416 hp, the same amount as the old, naturally aspirated V8 IS F. Lexus engineers could almost certainly tweak the LS 500’s engine for use in the IS F to give it a little more character and power.

Beyond its engines, the new IS will probably be similar in size to the current car but weigh considerably less, tipping the scales at around 3395 lbs (1539 kg) in base specification. By comparison, the outgoing IS weighs roughly 3737 lbs (1695 kg), making it heavier than its German rivals. Lexus is expected to unveil the next-generation IS in 2021 before it goes on sale for the 2022 model year.

Carscoops has reached out to Lexus to find out more about the next-gen IS, so stay tuned as the story will be updated once we get a response.

Damn...

Next Lexus IS Might Get Supraâs BMW-Sourced Straight Six

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/02/next-lexus-might-get-supras-bmw-sourced-straight-six/

If we were to believe the latest rumors, it seems that the next-generation Lexus IS could be powered by the same BMW-developed 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six as the brand new Supra.

Japanâs Best Car magazine broke the news, and while it remains to be seen if itâs true or not, it wouldnât be all that surprising. After all, both the BMW M340i and BMW Z4 M40i are powered by the same B58 engine as the Supra, but the German models get a healthy 382 hp while the Supra has to make do with 335 hp.

The Supra engine wonât be the only powertrain allegedly offered in the next-generation Lexus IS. In fact, the Japanese report claims that buyers will also have the choice of a 2.0-liter turbo, a 2.4-liter turbo, and a 2.5-liter hybrid.

Thatâs not all. The IS F could make a comeback in the modelâs next generation and make use of the twin-turbo V6 from the LS 500 sedan. In its current form, this twin-turbo V6 delivers 416 hp, the same amount as the old, naturally aspirated V8 IS F. Lexus engineers could almost certainly tweak the LS 500âs engine for use in the IS F to give it a little more character and power.

Beyond its engines, the new IS will probably be similar in size to the current car but weigh considerably less, tipping the scales at around 3395 lbs (1539 kg) in base specification. By comparison, the outgoing IS weighs roughly 3737 lbs (1695 kg), making it heavier than its German rivals. Lexus is expected to unveil the next-generation IS in 2021 before it goes on sale for the 2022 model year.

Carscoops has reached out to Lexus to find out more about the next-gen IS, so stay tuned as the story will be updated once we get a response.

Most online have rubbished this report. Someone took inspiration from the recent one off supra collaboration and imagined that biggest car company needs to offsource everything to rivals....

Damn...

Next Lexus IS Might Get Supra’s BMW-Sourced Straight Six

If we were to believe the latest rumors, it seems that the next-generation Lexus IS could be powered by the same BMW-developed 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six as the brand new Supra.

Old GS owners were a happy bunch until one day Lexus decided to replace the straight-six with the V6, so sad.

Damn...

Next Lexus IS Might Get Supraâs BMW-Sourced Straight Six

If we were to believe the latest rumors, it seems that the next-generation Lexus IS could be powered by the same BMW-developed 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six as the brand new Supra.

Japanâs Best Car magazine broke the news, and while it remains to be seen if itâs true or not, it wouldnât be all that surprising. After all, both the BMW M340i and BMW Z4 M40i are powered by the same B58 engine as the Supra, but the German models get a healthy 382 hp while the Supra has to make do with 335 hp.

The Supra engine wonât be the only powertrain allegedly offered in the next-generation Lexus IS. In fact, the Japanese report claims that buyers will also have the choice of a 2.0-liter turbo, a 2.4-liter turbo, and a 2.5-liter hybrid.

Thatâs not all. The IS F could make a comeback in the modelâs next generation and make use of the twin-turbo V6 from the LS 500 sedan. In its current form, this twin-turbo V6 delivers 416 hp, the same amount as the old, naturally aspirated V8 IS F. Lexus engineers could almost certainly tweak the LS 500âs engine for use in the IS F to give it a little more character and power.

Beyond its engines, the new IS will probably be similar in size to the current car but weigh considerably less, tipping the scales at around 3395 lbs (1539 kg) in base specification. By comparison, the outgoing IS weighs roughly 3737 lbs (1695 kg), making it heavier than its German rivals. Lexus is expected to unveil the next-generation IS in 2021 before it goes on sale for the 2022 model year.

Carscoops has reached out to Lexus to find out more about the next-gen IS, so stay tuned as the story will be updated once we get a response.

Liao.... Lexus reliability will plummet. A Lexus/ toyota engine vs a bmw one is like heaven and hell.

Old GS owners were a happy bunch until one day Lexus decided to replace the straight-six with the V6, so sad.

Agree. Toyota made great straight six in the past. Missed my days driving the IS200 ...

Glad to see a few enthusiasts driving them on the road, a few beige cars and a black one

• Praise 2

Is it true meh? BMW engines are solid ones. German cars normally have problems with the electronics only. I have not heard BMW engines failed anytime as such.

Liao.... Lexus reliability will plummet. A Lexus/ toyota engine vs a bmw one is like heaven and hell.

Is it true meh? BMW engines are solid ones. German cars normally have problems with the electronics only. I have not heard BMW engines failed anytime as such.

Water pump failure.... As confirm as death and taxes
  • Praise 1

Oil leaks and VANOS. Oil leaks are wear and tear but happens much more often on conti. All bmw have engine problems. Never heard of any bmw engine which is reliable
  • Praise 1

I meant Core Engine. Water Pump is external to the engine. But, I agree with you to some extend on this.

Again wear and tear should not be counted (for oil leak). The power that is juiced out of a conti engine is much more than a Japanese.

Do we all believe that Toyota / Lexus is so stupid to get BMW engines leaving their "reliable" engines behind? Japanese are very smart and they know what they want in life at least in business.

• Praise 1

Comparison all cars in same family

BMW 2015 model failures, car under agent 5 yr warranty and service package

Variable ratio Steering rack (replaced under warranty)

Valve cover gasket (replaced under warranty)

Turbo oil return pipe (replaced under warranty)

Turbo charge pipe (replaced under warranty)

Rear tail lamp cluster (replaced under warranty)

Radiator

Lexus 2014 model failures car under agent service, Extended warranty, no service package.

Front left shock absorber (replaced under warranty)

Rear right shock absorber (replaced under warranty)

12 volt battery (first two replaced under warranty, replaced two since)

Hybrid battery (replacement recommended by agent under warranty at exactly 4 years 90k)

Foot brake cable causing rattle (adjusted under warranty)

Lexus 2006 launch model failures sold at 8.5 yrs 180k

Engine mounts replaced at 110k

Wiper blades worn out charged several times

Brake rotors replaced under warranty once.

Sticky dashboard and interior trim (was to be replaced under warranty but sold car)

That’s it!!

BMW 2008 model

Engine TOP overhaul at 28k (!) (replaced under warranty)

Gearbox mechatronic module (replaced under warranty twice)

Steering hydraulic pipe burst (replaced under warranty)

Shock absorbers leaking at 30k (all of them, went after market)

Aircon evaporator failure ($3k, failed just outside warranty period)

A few other things....

Conclusion

BMW seems to have gotten a lot better after E series.

Lexus seems to be struggling to maintain past quality

• Praise 3

Comparison all cars in same family

BMW 2015 model failures, car under agent 5 yr warranty and service package

Variable ratio Steering rack (replaced under warranty)

Valve cover gasket (replaced under warranty)

Turbo oil return pipe (replaced under warranty)

Turbo charge pipe (replaced under warranty)

Rear tail lamp cluster (replaced under warranty)

Radiator

Lexus 2014 model failures car under agent service, Extended warranty, no service package.

Front left shock absorber (replaced under warranty)

Rear right shock absorber (replaced under warranty)

12 volt battery (first two replaced under warranty, replaced two since)

Hybrid battery (replacement recommended by agent under warranty at exactly 4 years 90k)

Foot brake cable causing rattle (adjusted under warranty)

Lexus 2006 launch model failures sold at 8.5 yrs 180k

Engine mounts replaced at 110k

Wiper blades worn out charged several times

Brake rotors replaced under warranty once.

Sticky dashboard and interior trim (was to be replaced under warranty but sold car)

That’s it!!

BMW 2008 model

Engine TOP overhaul at 28k (!) (replaced under warranty)

Gearbox mechatronic module (replaced under warranty twice)

Steering hydraulic pipe burst (replaced under warranty)

Shock absorbers leaking at 30k (all of them, went after market)

Aircon evaporator failure ($3k, failed just outside warranty period)

A few other things....

Conclusion

BMW seems to have gotten a lot better after E series.

Lexus seems to be struggling to maintain past quality

Yours is E90? That one is considered most sour of the lemons... other bimmers should definitely be less problematic.

Lexus 12V battery replacement seems to be common, probably because it is still placed in engine bay, the heat kills it off compared to BMW which is in the boot.

Yours is E90? That one is considered most sour of the lemons... other bimmers should definitely be less problematic.

Lexus 12V battery replacement seems to be common, probably because it is still placed in engine bay, the heat kills it off compared to BMW which is in the boot.

Mine was e8x but yes shares a lot of parts with e9x.

My Lexus 12v battery is in the boot. Cooler than in the engine compartment. My original e8x battery in the boot lasted almost 5 years before I replaced it out of contingency.

↡ Advertisement