Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

@Theoldjaffa Bro can I check with u what’s the ride height did u set for ur IS? I just change a set of Ksport coilover yesterday and will be monitoring these few days if the height is too low or too soft.
Currently on 1 and 1/2 finger front and 1 finger rear and it look really nice but if going over those high humps with my 2 kids behind it seems to ‘bua’ my undercarriage alittle if I didnt drive over very slowly.
Don’t know if I should adjust more firm or just adjust up 1 finger more for the rear. 
For our RWD is it better for rear to be firmer than the front?

07AC4F7E-01DA-46C7-9542-D50237E1CE30.jpeg

51CFDC37-6464-43CB-A78E-5E1DAAC87A86.jpeg

Edited by JX83
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, JX83 said:

@Theoldjaffa Bro can I check with u what’s the ride height did u set for ur IS? I just change a set of Ksport coilover yesterday and will be monitoring these few days if the height is too low or too soft.
Currently on 1 and 1/2 finger front and 1 finger rear and it look really nice but if going over those high humps with my 2 kids behind it seems to ‘bua’ my undercarriage alittle if I didnt drive over very slowly.
Don’t know if I should adjust more firm or just adjust up 1 finger more for the rear. 

I would measure the distance of the tire from the front and rear part of the fender and make sure to have an equal gap all round. Looks nice this way. I guess you can put another 1-1.5 fingers for the rear. 

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, JX83 said:

Hi bro, nice one there!

I’m on about 2 fingers front and 1.5 fingers back based on 225/40/R18.

now I’m on 235/40 front and 265/30 rear so the wheel gap is smaller as the overall diameter of my wheel is bigger.

damping wise, mine is 16 way where 1 is softest and 16 is hardest. I used to put 6 for front and 4 for rear. Pretty comfortable but over uneven roads and bumps it’s too soft. 

so after a year I changed to a harder setting, 10 front and 9 rear. Still comfortable (no complaints from MIL) and damping is firmer, and the ride is more stable. 

i may wanna go firmer some more. Maybe 14 front and 13 back hehe.

damping is up to personal taste. U need to trial and error.

ive done a fair bit of research and concluded that front damping should be firmer than rear.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I would measure the distance of the tire from the front and rear part of the fender and make sure to have an equal gap all round. Looks nice this way. I guess you can put another 1-1.5 fingers for the rear. 

I see thanks for the suggestion. 👍🏻 Ya I guess I will put up another 1 finger.

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Hi bro, nice one there!

I’m on about 2 fingers front and 1.5 fingers back based on 225/40/R18.

now I’m on 235/40 front and 265/30 rear so the wheel gap is smaller as the overall diameter of my wheel is bigger.

damping wise, mine is 16 way where 1 is softest and 16 is hardest. I used to put 6 for front and 4 for rear. Pretty comfortable but over uneven roads and bumps it’s too soft. 

so after a year I changed to a harder setting, 10 front and 9 rear. Still comfortable (no complaints from MIL) and damping is firmer, and the ride is more stable. 

i may wanna go firmer some more. Maybe 14 front and 13 back hehe.

damping is up to personal taste. U need to trial and error.

ive done a fair bit of research and concluded that front damping should be firmer than rear.

Thanks I guess I try harden the damping abit more to try out 1st. Haha I suppose mostly on 2 fingers or 1 half fingers.. Umm haha I only scared my kids complaining lol. 

6 hours ago, EltonOng_128998 said:

New to Lexus Family.  Of course can share here..... just want to know if there is any Lexus Singapore group

Hi hi, there is, but I’m not in it.

you can search the fb groups and post there. One of the admins will give you access after that.

• Praise 1

Hi looking to get a pre-owned es300h 2016 version.

Any owners would be so nice to share some experience? Anything you liked or disliked about the vehicle?

On 1/19/2020 at 7:14 PM, ChongLiu said:

Hi looking to get a pre-owned es300h 2016 version.

Any owners would be so nice to share some experience? Anything you liked or disliked about the vehicle?

I had ES250 while my friend's son had 300H, no complains at all. Overall, I love the styling compare to the newer version. Seem to me the newer version is not lasting on the look (Please note it is just to me) although it suppose to be longer, wider and lower.

No regrets if you get Lexus, I did and overall sound proofing and my ride is so much better compare to my Brother's Merc E250 except for the power (which I don't really need) and those functions like seat belts and electric door lock.

In fact ES is so spacious. Of course, it is to the individual. I love the styling of the interior too

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Arogab said:

I had ES250 while my friend's son had 300H, no complains at all. Overall, I love the styling compare to the newer version. Seem to me the newer version is not lasting on the look (Please note it is just to me) although it suppose to be longer, wider and lower.

No regrets if you get Lexus, I did and overall sound proofing and my ride is so much better compare to my Brother's Merc E250 except for the power (which I don't really need) and those functions like seat belts and electric door lock.

In fact ES is so spacious. Of course, it is to the individual. I love the styling of the interior too

Thank you bro. This is helpful.

I personally agree with you, the pre facelift 2013 model is too ah pekish, 2018 model is however too much for me. 2016 model is just nice in between the two extremes.

Possible to share some thoughts on market price ? I see most listing at around 14-14.5k , reasonable?

1 hour ago, Docomospur said:

Hi folks, does anyone know if BM changed their insurance partner for Lexus?  I got a renewal notice from AXA and to include the BM workshop now requires an add-on.

MSIG

1 hour ago, Docomospur said:

Hi folks, does anyone know if BM changed their insurance partner for Lexus?  I got a renewal notice from AXA and to include the BM workshop now requires an add-on.

add-on for BM workshop?

Probably more of going for the package that allows owner to choose workshop of preference?

41 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

add-on for BM workshop?

Probably more of going for the package that allows owner to choose workshop of preference?

The quotation letter says 16 AXA workshops included, with an add-on needed for BM.

Edited by Docomospur

Checked with BM and confirmed that it's MSIG, though you have to go through their in-house agent to purchase.  Will see what the experience is like.

AXA tells you there's an add-on but doesn't bother indicating what it is in their quotation....

12 hours ago, Docomospur said:

Checked with BM and confirmed that it's MSIG, though you have to go through their in-house agent to purchase.  Will see what the experience is like.

AXA tells you there's an add-on but doesn't bother indicating what it is in their quotation....

I have been on MSIG for the past 2 years. 

why go thru BM? There’s so many Brokers out there that can source for the lowest insurer for you. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I have been on MSIG for the past 2 years. 

why go thru BM? There’s so many Brokers out there that can source for the lowest insurer for you. 

Agreed.

I was on AXA... ok experience including 1 claim (0% liability) repaired at Borneo.

A broker this year helped me to get AIG which was 50% reduction on AXA price.

And the AIG plan is the type can choose any workshop. To take the cake Borneo is under their list of official authorised workshop.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1